Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple May Face Lawsuit From Samsung Over iPhone 5 LTE

  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Posts
    3,847
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

    Default Apple May Face Lawsuit From Samsung Over iPhone 5 LTE


    Apple may face a lawsuit from Samsung after the Cupertino, California-based tech giant releases the iPhone 5 later this week.

    According to knowledgeable sources speaking with the Korea Times yesterday, Samsung will bring suit against Apple in response to the company's use of 4G LTE in Asia.

    "It’s true that Samsung Electronics has decided to take immediate legal action against the Cupertino-based Apple. Countries in Europe and even the United States ― Apple’s home-turf ― are our primary targets," an industry source tells the paper.

    Samsung reportedly decided to proceed with a lawsuit immediately after industry sources confirmed Monday that Apple's iPhone 5 will deliver 4G LTE in Korea. The sources maintain that Apple "has agreed with local mobile carriers to release the LTE-enabled iPhone on the local market for domestic telecommunications frequencies."

    So will Apple and Samsung soon be locked in another major patent-related war on Asian soil? As of this writing, it certainly looks like there's a strong possibility of that happening.

    Source: The Korea Times

  2. #2

  3. #3
    I dont think samsung will win this since Apple already has a contract with Qualcomm for the chips. Also FRAND patents will come into play with this as well. Im sure apples lawyers already have ammunition to throw in court in case this happens. We'll find out afte tomorrow!

  4. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fresno, Calli
    Posts
    2,005
    Thanks
    2,642
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 749 Posts

    OMG?????? I swear this is like watching the news on TV, frickin depressing LOL

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    I dont think samsung will win this since Apple already has a contract with Qualcomm for the chips. Also FRAND patents will come into play with this as well. Im sure apples lawyers already have ammunition to throw in court in case this happens. We'll find out afte tomorrow!
    I phone 5 finally here tomorrow this is sure to blow up Samsunks crappy s3.

  6. #6
    Is it me or is this **** getting old? They need to get along and make stuff better for us instead of always feuding.


    Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

  7. #7
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    942
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 54 Times in 51 Posts

    Maybe it's just me but I don't understand law anymore. You can sue someone because they are using a phone frequency? Isn't that government regulated? How would this even be possible?

  8. #8
    Samsung will burn if they try to sue us at Apple's home turf. As for Asia, not from there so I could care less. They really are desperate to win back their one billion dollars they lost.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 09-11-2012 at 02:01 PM.

  9. #9
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    Qualcomm and LG hold more patents than Samsuck, Apple will obv find a way to not fringe Samsuck's patents.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I don't understand law anymore. You can sue someone because they are using a phone frequency? Isn't that government regulated? How would this even be possible?
    It's not you, it's not the law, either. It's the reporter. The sentence is for sure misleading you to get that conclusion. What Samsung talked about are a couple patents it has about data transfer efficiency on those LTE networks.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I don't understand law anymore. You can sue someone because they are using a phone frequency? Isn't that government regulated? How would this even be possible?
    Yeap FRAND patents. Bsically since its "standard" technoly eg: 3g

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Qualcomm and LG hold more patents than Samsuck, Apple will obv find a way to not fringe Samsuck's patents.
    What's this company samsuck anyway?
    iPhone 5s/iPad Air
    HTC One
    Note 3 <--- <3

  13. #13
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    HAWAII
    Posts
    258
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    dont feed the troll guys ^

  14. #14
    I noticed all the fapple f**boys hoping on the hate train to nowhereville. I mean really, apple and Samsung both make some good and bad products/decisions. Look at the iPhone 5 or this upcoming lawsuit or the past lawsuit. It's all going from bad to worse. And I didn't even know that you could win a lawsuit for patent infringements on a company that makes your own phone parts. That's ridiculous to begin with so now Samsung is just fighting back with their own ridiculous lawsuit.

  15. #15
    Looks like a never ending battle of little boys with big bank accounts.

  16. #16
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    604
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 145 Times in 75 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    I noticed all the fapple f**boys hoping on the hate train to nowhereville. I mean really, apple and Samsung both make some good and bad products/decisions. Look at the iPhone 5 or this upcoming lawsuit or the past lawsuit. It's all going from bad to worse. And I didn't even know that you could win a lawsuit for patent infringements on a company that makes your own phone parts. That's ridiculous to begin with so now Samsung is just fighting back with their own ridiculous lawsuit.

    God, I hate you.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ssjbrolly View Post
    Looks like a never ending battle of little boys with big bank accounts.
    +1

    Samsung is now reaching, after losing the case in the US

  18. #18
    Everytime I read about this or the last lawsuit between the 2 I realize they are just both incredibly butt hurt. I love apple. Hence my name, but they, along with Samsung are incredibly butt hurt.

  19. #19
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,118
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 95 Times in 67 Posts

    Can we stop saying "Cupertino, California-based tech giant"?? It's watered down and that point has already been established.

    What's wrong with just saying Apple?

  20. #20
    Im irritated in the lack of info in this article. Tell us what patents are being violated...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •