Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: American Airlines Takes Off with iOS 6 Passbook

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default American Airlines Takes Off with iOS 6 Passbook

In only a matter of days Apple will unleash iOS 6 and a slate of new features. Chief among the hotly anticipated new features is Passbook, which is billed by Apple as the "simplest way to get all of your passes in one place."

Ahead of Passbook's arrival, American Airlines announced today that it will update its digital ticketing system to support Passbook. As a result, millions of travelers will be able to conveniently check in to flights with nothing more than their handy iDevice.

A spokesperson for the airline confirmed that it will be “rolling out an app update in the coming weeks in support of Passbook. In the meantime, customers can still access their mobile boarding passes in the current version of American’s mobile app.”

Although public confirmation is yet to happen, Delta is thought to be working on Passbook to implement functionality for it's mobile boarding passes. Delta released its first mobile app for the iPhone two years ago.

Skift reported Monday that a spokesperson for United Airlines will also not publicly confirm or deny the airline's plan to similarly support Passbook.

Source: Skift

Ahhhh... Apple does it again... I just need my iPhone and BAM!!!

1 less headache when traveling which I do allot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devilish4eveR View Post
    Ahhhh... Apple does it again... I just need my iPhone and BAM!!!

1 less headache when traveling which I do allot!!!
    problem for me is not all airports have adapted to the mobile boarding passes

Thanks

This is an awesome iOS 6 feature..can't wait to get it!

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Excited for this! Once one does it the rest will follow.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    This is an awesome iOS 6 feature..can't wait to get it!
    I agree! I travel a lot! And AMTRAK already does mobile QR codes for their passes, so hopefully they or someone else will implement a Passbook thing.

A matter of days? Apple hasn't even released the GM yet.

This would be cool if I traveled, why make it waste just that tiny bit of space on my phone when I will never use it? Just make it an app like iBooks that they recommend when you open the App Store for the first time.

I really think it's kind of risky to count on your iDevice when travelling...too many thinks that could go wrong