+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: View All Read Confirmation Time Stamps in iMessage With 'SMStamper'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default View All Read Confirmation Time Stamps in iMessage With 'SMStamper'

If you recall, iMessage has the ability to show you when the recipient reads your messages. This all depends on your recipient allowing you to view their read receipts – this feature is easily enabled from the Messages preferences pane in the Settings application. One major issue with the read receipts is that you can only view the most recent read receipt and no others after the newest read receipt is displayed.

A new jailbreak tweak called SMStamper by iOS developer Tyler Cattelino fixes this issue (see above screenshots). Instead of simply showing the read receipt for your latest sent message, the tweak will allow the Messages application to show the read receipt for every single sent iMessage you have fired off to the recipient – even when it’s not the latest message.

The advantage to this includes being able to see how responsive your recipient is to your messages. The tweak even takes things a step further by allowing your iPhone to fire off an LED light flash when your iMessage is finally read by the recipient. This means that after you send them a message and iMessage says “delivered,” you can put your iPhone down and wait for the LED notification that indicates they’ve read it.

All of these options can be configured from the preferences pane in the Settings application, which is shown below:

First and foremost, you have the option of enabling and disabling the tweak on demand by flipping the SMStamper switch. Below this, you can enable the feature that shows all read receipts and enable the feature that fires off an LED flash when your recipient reads your iMessage. Below this, you can choose the increments of read receipts you want to see. You have the options of:
    • Stamping them all
    • Stamping your messages launched every 5 minutes
    • Stamping your messages launched every 10 minutes
    • Stamping your messages launched every 15 minutes
    • Stamping your messages launched every 20 minutes

The tweak is for those that are always anxious to know if their recipients received their messages, but it also provides a log of the history of read messages for the user’s own viewing pleasure. One major caveat is that the tweak requires both messengers to enable the read receipt option from the Settings application. The tweak will not work if only you enable the feature and it will not work with any of your friends that have the send read receipt feature turned off. So ask them nicely to turn it on! Furthermore, the tweak only works with iMessage because text messages do not support read receipts on the iPhone.

Whether or not you find the extra viewing abilities of previous read receipts helpful, the LED flash confirmation can be useful. The tweak is compatible with the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, however the LED flash is limited to the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. Check it out!

Name: SMStamper
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 5, iMessage
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Tyler Cattelino
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 09-09-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks

I find this article quite shallow and pedantic.

Banned
    Thanks

This is what pisses me off about Apple.
    All these tweaks that should be part of the system arnt.
    Then someone makes the tweak, THANK YOU, BUT they charge you for it. Now that sucks just as much as the feature not being there.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Then someone makes the tweak, THANK YOU, BUT they charge you for it. Now that sucks just as much as the feature not being there.
    Exactly, well said. I have saw it necessary to buy 3 tweaks and I've had every iPhone since the 3G. Those tweaks are tetherme, intelliscreenx, and battsaver (which is maybe what caused me to have to get a new iPhone 4s although I can't say for 100% fact). What I can say though is that it disables and re-enabled the radio to save battery and my iPhone suddenly had NO Service so the radio is what went kaplooey!
    Last edited by bradmullins007; 09-10-2012 at 01:40 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Why would i buy this when SmS Timestamps is free from bigboss and has everything that this one does..? Its almost the exact same.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    Why would i buy this when SmS Timestamps is free from bigboss and has everything that this one does..? Its almost the exact same.
    SMS Timestamps marks the time each message is sent or received. SMStamper shows you the time when each and every iMessage is read by the recipient. The time when a message is sent or received and the time when a message is actually read are very different.

Even if your SMS Timestamps tweak shows you when a message is sent or received, you still have no idea if the recipient read the message or not. iMessage shows you this, but it only shows the most recent. SMStamper makes it so you can show all and not just the most recent.

Additionally, SMS Timestamps doesn't have the feature to alert you via LED flash that someone has read the message you just sent to them.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 09-10-2012 at 10:29 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

TylerC161 (09-11-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mista Brothason's Avatar
    Thanks

Crashes when I use QC for BiteSMS

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mista Brothason View Post
    Crashes when I use QC for BiteSMS
    This tweak currently only works with the default Messaging application.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

I would have gotten this, only if it allowed me to see when every iMessage user has read my text whether they have read receipts on or not. boooo. :P

11. The Following User Says Thank You to evolution83 For This Useful Post:

itsTrentB (12-04-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    I would have gotten this, only if it allowed me to see when every iMessage user has read my text whether they have read receipts on or not. boooo. :P
    I would imagine with that type of security breach, that it would be punishable by law. However, I'm not sure the official written laws on the matter; and didn't have much luck researching them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    and that is exactly why Android starts to take over slowly...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by georgeD View Post
    and that is exactly why Android starts to take over slowly...
    Take over? You got to catch up first buddy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Will it show the time they read it even if its the next day? I cant see the time they read it if I fell asleep or something and I sent them a text and they didn't reply but it shows the date they read it. I want to know what time it was! Anyone know how I could do this???

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by suzief View Post
    Will it show the time they read it even if its the next day? I cant see the time they read it if I fell asleep or something and I sent them a text and they didn't reply but it shows the date they read it. I want to know what time it was! Anyone know how I could do this???
    Yes, it will show the time and date on previous day stamps.