Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Reportedly Unlocking On-Contract iPhones with Web Form

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,713 Times in 729 Posts

Well this will work out great, should be getting my unlock from the ebay site given above, and downloading the IOS6 GM :P Ah what a lovely day its going to be :P LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Well this will work out great, should be getting my unlock from the ebay site given above, and downloading the IOS6 GM :P Ah what a lovely day its going to be :P LOL
    me 2 i'm getting the ebay unlock, AT&T is way too unfair, i was a costumer since it was cingular and i think we should just get an unlock as a courtesy for the years we've been with them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    me 2 i'm getting the ebay unlock, AT&T is way too unfair, i was a costumer since it was cingular and i think we should just get an unlock as a courtesy for the years we've been with them.
    Well i can see it from there point, but ya i have been with them since 1999 and its would be nice to have a courtesy like this once in awhile since we have been a loyal customer ya know???

I have a feeling whoever bought this ebay unlock will get their IMEI blacklisted by AT&T and get no service from all carriers.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,923 Times in 6,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    I have a feeling whoever bought this ebay unlock will get their IMEI blacklisted by AT&T and get no service from all carriers.
    I doubt it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (09-12-2012)

Thanks

Woot :P "Message via iTunes" Congratulations your iPhone is now unlocked Thanks blkcadi for the ebay link Cool only took 2-3 hrs for them to process my unlock.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (09-12-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Woot :P "Message via iTunes" Congratulations your iPhone is now unlocked Thanks blkcadi for the ebay link Cool only took 2-3 hrs for them to process my unlock.
    Awesome, so happy it worked out for you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (09-12-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    High Point, North Carolina, United States
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    That happened to me to - but obviously I DO have a valid current account and so do you. Evidently - if you LEAVE BLANK that last field that asks you for your AT&T log on passcode - you get the above message - even if you DO have a current account. The trick is - that when you put in your passcode to LOG IN to AT&T online you get an error message saying -- Please check - your passcode - as if it's wrong.. So I got frustrated the first - time and left that field blank and hit SUBMIT and it went through saying - we'll get back to you in 5-7 days. In 36 hours I got the exact same message as you did there. But of course I DO have a current account. And I'll bet you do too. So that means there's something wrong with their system.. BUT - the day I got the above message - I tried again - this time - I put in that 'passcode' field the '4 digit' passcode I use for my ATM card - which I also use for 'phone info passwords' they often ask you for to talk to customer service and prove that it's you.. THIS time - with that 4 digit code in the passcode field I got - a THANK YOU - we'll contact you in 5-6 days message - AGAIN. NOW it's been 48 hours since I did that -- and no - message like above.. So somewhere along the way I guess we all created a 'passcode' to AT&T - 4 digit.....??? I'm just guessing here. When they deny you -- they won't deny you with the language above. They'll deny you saying YOU'RE STILL IN YOUR CONTRACT PERIOD - or OUR NEW POLICY... blah, blah, blah.. So don't lose hope.. Try to remember what you '4 digit' passcode to your account is - or as them to send it to you..

Even with all that said - I'm just thinking about doing the $9 unlock that's on eBay.. Trying to do anything thru AT&T is like an act of congress. :-(

Soldier. I did the same thing and it didn't work. They denied as being in contract. As I look back over all of your examples - there is nothing in your chat logs proving your phones are in contract. I'm very suspect of what you are telling us. You are VERY new here - only 14 posts - Are you just trying to get our hopes up? You could be unlocking out of contract iPhone 4 with each of these chat logs. There's no way for us to verify from the chat logs that they're 4S 'in contract'.

Having tried this now 4 times with different 4S in contract in my family and 6 different reps - I'm coming to the conclusion that you are not telling us the truth. I was hoping you were 'straight' with us. But it seems you are unlocking out of contract iPhone 4 ---- or 4S - but definitely OUT of contract.
    -1.jpg-2.jpg

I hope this is enough proof for you

If you go to hxxp://www.iphoneox.com
    and enter IMEI 012936003390318
    it will show iPhone 4S 32GB White
    with SIM Status Unlocked
    Sorry but I don't have enough time in my life to fabricate things on the internet. I was just trying to share my personal experiences.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -3.jpg  
    Last edited by SoldierRican; 09-12-2012 at 05:21 PM.

well, in less than 2 hours i just unlocked my phone with the ebay method, 8.99 and it took nothing to do, AT&T should really take a good look at their unlocking policy, after all the iphone isn't even exclusive for then anymore.
    Last edited by rcm; 09-12-2012 at 05:07 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can you please edit your post removing the quotes I changed the photos but yours still show my info Thanks rcm

sorry about that Soldier
    anyway here's my confirmation in itunes and my phone connected to the network with no problems
    -img_0002.jpg

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no problem rcm thanks glad to see you guys were able to get your unlock just wish y'all didn't have to pay for it Ahh AT&T such a pain in the ***** can't wait till Friday will be getting the new iPhone 5.

YAY!! I'm unlocked too from Cadi's eBay source.. Just got this email!

Dear Grant,

IMEI : 01xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unlock code: YOUR IPHONE IS NOW UNLOCKED - CONNECT TO ITUNES. PLEASE PERFORM A BACKUP + RESTORE (MAKE SURE YOUR ITUNES IS UPDATED AND YOU DO PROCESS WITH SIM CARD). REPEAT RESTORE IF NO SIGNAL PRESENT AFTER UNLOCK
    .. That only took 3 hours. What a great source. NOW -- I have no wish to lose my jailbreak - so I'm not going to go into iTunes just yet. I need to try the SAM method that several of you have mentioned. Have all the rest of you just been doing a full restore to see the UNLOCKED message in iTunes?

Thanks again Blkcadi!! Nice service.. They offer 'wholesale' too - which means - I'm opening up a 'little business' to my family and friends -- make a little $ on the side.. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierRican View Post
    -1.jpg-2.jpg

it will show iPhone 4S 32GB White
    with SIM Status Unlocked
    Sorry but I don't have enough time in my life to fabricate things on the internet. I was just trying to share my personal experiences.
    Yes. Thank you. It IS enough proof. You're the only one that it's worked for and you yourself have been turned down. Interesting. When I got turned down today by the chat representative, Miguel Walker, I pasted YOUR experience with the Reggie (unless that's your name.....) where you got a 4S in contract unlocked... And the Miguel VERY quickly wrote back.. "Is there ANYTHING ELSE I CAN HELP YOU WITH TODAY?" He was obviously FLUSTERED... LOL!! Suffice it to say -- there's a LOT of inconsistency among the AT&T reps on the chat. And you seem to be the only one able to have gotten 2 - 4Ses unlocked while under contract. I'll bet you can't get them to do it again. But you may be OUT of phones to try it with now.. Anyway... Only a tiny $9 and I'm unlocked too now.

Thanks all!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (09-12-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,454 Times in 1,082 Posts

Got denied for both phones... 😡

I've now purchased BlkCadi's suggestion! Already submitted both of them!

Unlocking two phones for $18 seems worth it to me considering it'll bring in an extra $50-100 each!!! I'll keep u posted as soon as I get the confirmation...

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=29446050828
    Last edited by thazsar; 09-12-2012 at 06:48 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

.. That only took 3 hours. What a great source. NOW -- I have no wish to lose my jailbreak - so I'm not going to go into iTunes just yet. I need to try the SAM method that several of you have mentioned. Have all the rest of you just been doing a full restore to see the UNLOCKED message in iTunes?

Thanks again Blkcadi!! Nice service.. They offer 'wholesale' too - which means - I'm opening up a 'little business' to my family and friends -- make a little $ on the side.. :-)

Yes. Thank you. It IS enough proof. You're the only one that it's worked for and you yourself have been turned down. Interesting. When I got turned down today by the chat representative, Miguel Walker, I pasted YOUR experience with the Reggie (unless that's your name.....) where you got a 4S in contract unlocked... And the Miguel VERY quickly wrote back.. "Is there ANYTHING ELSE I CAN HELP YOU WITH TODAY?" He was obviously FLUSTERED... LOL!! Suffice it to say -- there's a LOT of inconsistency among the AT&T reps on the chat. And you seem to be the only one able to have gotten 2 - 4Ses unlocked while under contract. I'll bet you can't get them to do it again. But you may be OUT of phones to try it with now.. Anyway... Only a tiny $9 and I'm unlocked too now.

Thanks all!
    It was very difficult but PERSISTENCE is they key with AT&T. So far I have gotten a Free MicroCell from them, a iPhone 4 purchased @ a 2 year agreement and somehow they messed up and made it no commitment, 2 iPhone 4S in contract Unlocked, plus when I added my dad on fathers day and got him a iPhone 4 in 2011 I wiggled in a Unlimited Data plan for his brand new line even tho they were no longer available. I don't give up, Remember I am the CUSTOMER and I can take my money else where and I am not afraid to let them know that.
    Don't let them push you just keep trying. But at least you guys got unlocks as well @ a very decent price for them. Like you said I must be lucky I guess & frankly I don't wanna try again but if I need to unlock another iPhone I have 2 more unlocks left and I will use them I don't care what they say.
    Last edited by SoldierRican; 09-12-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Thanks

Thanks all!
    Awesome awesome, I just did 2 more today also.

The Unlock Fusion site does do wholesale, but it's on a pre-paid basis. You buy (X) so many unlocks in advance. So make sure you check it out first. I was going to try and set it up for MMi members to get a super deal (wholesale) for unlocks, and pre-paying was the only option they gave me last month. Maybe they have changed their policy, who knows.

Thanks

My corporate 'secure' email acct can't get access anymore!!!

Interesting....!

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierRican View Post

On a related point to your picture there showing only FULL RETAIL PRICE availability on an upgrade.. Did others of you, like me, today get a message from AT&T that your eleigibility status for an upgrade had changed?

I did.. Every year - if you're one, like me, who buys a new phone the moment they come out.. Even though you're only 11months to AT1 year into your contract at that point APPLE has always had the deal with AT&T to allow DISCOUNTED pricing.. $199, $299, $399. I just got notice today.

So you, SoldierRican, if you log into your account now - should see that your eligibilty status has changed to DISCOUNTED PRICING.. IF you purchased 4S last October or so..

Mine did..

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    My corporate 'secure' email acct can't get access anymore!!!

Interesting....!
    Coincidence. Has nothing to do with unlock status.. Something else is wrong if you can't get on.. A corporate email acct is still seeing the exact same phone and IMEI and SSID and everything. It doesn't know 'lock' from 'unlock' :-)
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-12-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Thanks

On a related point to your picture there showing only FULL RETAIL PRICE availability on an upgrade.. Did others of you, like me, today get a message from AT&T that your eleigibility status for an upgrade had changed?

I did.. Every year - if you're one, like me, who buys a new phone the moment they come out.. Even though you're only 11months to AT1 year into your contract at that point APPLE has always had the deal with AT&T to allow DISCOUNTED pricing.. $199, $299, $399. I just got notice today.

So you, SoldierRican, if you log into your account now - should see that your eligibilty status has changed to DISCOUNTED PRICING.. IF you purchased 4S last October or so..

Mine did..

Coincidence. Has nothing to do with unlock status.. Something else is wrong if you can't get on.. A corporate email acct is still seeing the exact same phone and IMEI and SSID and everything. It doesn't know 'lock' from 'unlock' :-)
    I'm about to check my corporate iPad to see if it's a server issue

Thanks

On a related point to your picture there showing only FULL RETAIL PRICE availability on an upgrade.. Did others of you, like me, today get a message from AT&T that your eligibility status for an upgrade had changed?
    Mine does the eligibility thing, but shows im at full retail. Doesn't say anything about discounted pricing. :-(

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast