Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Reportedly Unlocking On-Contract iPhones with Web Form

For those who wants to unlocked and don't want to lose their jailbreak, This is what I did, just install SAM from Bingner repo in cydia, do deactivated then connect to itunes. that's all. Enjoy!
    Last edited by kigendeng; 09-10-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kigendeng View Post
    For those who wants to unlocked and don't want to lose their jailbreak, This is what I did, just install SAM from repo in cydia, do deactivated then connect to itunes. that's all. Enjoy!
    Can you help me? I have 2 iphone4 but do not unlock. Thanks.

For those who wants to unlocked and don't want to lose their jailbreak, This is what I did, just install SAM from Bingner repo in cydia, do deactivated then connect to itunes. that's all. Enjoy!
    Good stuff but I've kept an unlockable baseband for a long time so restoring to stock will get the latest baseband for me, then I'll jailbreak again before selling the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tario70 View Post
    This is 100% incorrect. You can jailbreak an iPhone 4 with the latest Redsn0w. To deactivate you need to put the phone in DFU mode. Not sure where you got your info, but it was wrong.

The latest redsn0w will actually technically at this point jailbreak any iPhone at the iPhone's latest firmware.
    "0.9.14b2 is the latest version of Redsn0w. iPhone dev team has developed this version for jailbreak A5X chips. A5X chips are available on iPhone 4S, iPad2 and iPad3." Directly from Redsnow's website.

My i4 has the A4 chip. I may be, as you say, "100% incorrect," but I do read very carefully about what I am about to do with my phone. And the above certainly states that it is NOT for my phone.

As to the second part of your answer, I did fire up Redsnow (previous to posting before), and it appears I need to go to the jailbreak pane, check Deactivate, and then run iTunes. I'm not sure I want to go that way. Hence my decision to NOT use this method. It may work, but I see enough chances for issues to not wish to take the risk.
    Senior

God damn att. I got my iPhone 4 unlocked through one chat sess. Then did same for my still in contract iPhone 4s in a chat sess. I finally got a hold of my third and final iPhone 4s on my line but three chat sess later no employee will unlock it. Damn...

The word "deactivate" throws me. What are we deactivating? If I want to keep my jailbreak AND stay activated with AT&T and simply be unlocked.. Is Sam still the way to go?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-11-2012 at 12:46 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

What's Jailbreak?
    High Point, North Carolina, United States
    Thanks

My experience with AT&T Chat about iPhone 4S Unlock...... @kigendeng They claim you cannot unlock via chat since 9/7/2012 so how did you do it can you help me maybe tell me what I should say Thanks

Please note: Protecting your personal information is one of our highest priorities; hence, you will be required to provide account related information to ensure whom we are working with. Data encryption is also enabled to protect your personal information during this chat session. For more information please go to AT&T Privacy Policy or AT&T Privacy Policy. Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now connected with 'Valerie'.

Nicholas: Hello I would like to unlock my iPhone IMEI 0129360********
    Valerie: Hello Mr Lester, thank you for chatting with AT&T today. I can help you.
    Nicholas: thank you
    Valerie: Thank you for inquiring about unlocking the iPhone device. All iPhone unlocks are processed through the AT&T iPhone unlock website.
    Valerie: You can request your iPhone unlock on our website at www.att.com/deviceunlock . It will take up to 5-7 days for the unlock to process. All the information is provided on the website about the unlock process.
    Nicholas: Cant you submit it for me I don't have 5-7 days to wait
    Valerie: This is now the process to unlock all devices.
    Nicholas: All over the internet customers of AT&T talk of how chat unlocks iPhones for them all the time
    Valerie: They just changed the process. Now it is done at the website.
    Nicholas: you can say you don't have access but someone there does who is it that I would need to speak with
    Nicholas: Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - AT&T Reportedly Unlocking On-Contract iPhones with Web Form read that forum even since the site has been up there are people reporting unlocks by chat feature
    Nicholas: kigendeng - Yesterday, 01:12 PM confirmed, using chat yesterday and asking to unlock 2 of my iphone 4S and they both are still under contract 11 months old, first CS says she couldn't do it because the system wont generate my imei i provided, i kept begging and she did her magic, got unlock confirmation in 15 minutes after and guess what, they both are now unlocked!
    Nicholas: if he could have it done why cant I?
    Nicholas: seems possible to me
    Valerie: The new policy went into effect 9/7/2012.
    Nicholas: yet he successfully had chat unlock it on 9/10/2012 how is that possible?
    Valerie: Looking at your account this iPhoneis still under contract and would not be eligible until 10/11/13.
    Nicholas: its ok have a great day
    Valerie: Thank you.

Uggh. It sounds like there was a small 3-week window where the unlocks were possible while still in contract. And now that window has closed.

RATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 751 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Uggh. It sounds like there was a small 3-week window where the unlocks were possible while still in contract. And now that window has closed.

RATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well i did my request online thru the website and chatted with a guy to check on the status, he said Apple hadn't processed it yet and the CSR that i chatted with is going to be calling me back on Friday to confirm my unlock.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well my second attempt seems to have gone better (I did edit this removing my last name) but earlier I was told reps can't submit request but this rep was able to so I don't know but AT&T claimed their policy changed on 9/7/2012 and they could not submit unlocks but a few hours I guys there policy has changed AGAIN!!!!! still waiting on email will post my success once I receive the E-Mail. BTW i have a iPhone 4S still in contract and as you can see it didn't make a difference even tho I was told by rep earlier I didn't qualify. Bottom line AT&T is full of SH*T!!!!!

Please wait for a chat representative to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Stephen Ashe'

Stephen Ashe: Hello Mr. Nicholas, thank you for contacting AT&T Live Chat Support and for completing the prechat survey. I can help you with verifying if your iPhone device is eligible to be unlocked. I will also address any other questions you may have and review your account to ensure you are getting the best value for your money.
    Stephen Ashe: To verify if your iPhone is eligible for the unlock code can you please provide me the 15 digit IMEI number from the phone? You may obtain this number by entering * # 0 6 # on your phone.
    Nicholas: 0129360********
    Stephen Ashe: I will be a brief moment to bring up your account and check the iphone unlock eligibility. Thank you.
    Nicholas: no problem thank you
    Stephen Ashe: Mr. Nicholas, we now have a website where you can unlock your iphone device. Please click the link below and follow the steps to unlock your phone.
    Stephen Ashe: Iphone unlock
    Nicholas: Is there anyway you can submit it so I dont have to wait on that website?
    Stephen Ashe: There would be no difference with me submitting it or you doing it through the website. It will take the same amount of time.
    Nicholas: I would feel more at ease to know it as already submitted by a human than releying on a computer to make sure it gets done
    Stephen Ashe: Sure.
    Nicholas: Thank you sir I do appreciate it
    Stephen Ashe: Please provide your email as you will be contacted by email.
    Nicholas: Nicholas.******@Gmail.com
    Stephen Ashe: Thank you.
    Stephen Ashe: I will be just a moment sir.
    Nicholas: No problem thank you sire
    Nicholas: sir*
    Stephen Ashe: Almost finished Mr. Nicholas.
    Nicholas: no worries thanks
    Stephen Ashe: Mr. Nicholas, you case id is CM20120911_********. The case resolution date is September 19,2012. You will be contacted by email.
    Nicholas: Thank you sir
    Stephen Ashe: You are very welcome! I am happy to have resolved your issue today. There is a short survey by clicking on the close chat. I would appreciate your feedback as it helps us out greatly!
    Nicholas: will do take care
    Stephen Ashe: Cheers!

The word "deactivate" throws me. What are we deactivating? If I want to keep my jailbreak AND stay activated with AT&T and simply be unlocked.. Is Sam still the way to go?
    Deactivated with SAM will let itunes authorized the unlocked process without losing your jailbreak and your att network.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierRican View Post
    My experience with AT&T Chat about iPhone 4S Unlock...... @kigendeng They claim you cannot unlock via chat since 9/7/2012 so how did you do it can you help me maybe tell me what I should say Thanks

Please note: Protecting your personal information is one of our highest priorities; hence, you will be required to provide account related information to ensure whom we are working with. Data encryption is also enabled to protect your personal information during this chat session. For more information please go to AT&T Privacy Policy or AT&T Privacy Policy. Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now connected with 'Valerie'.

Nicholas: Hello I would like to unlock my iPhone IMEI 0129360********
    Valerie: Hello Mr Lester, thank you for chatting with AT&T today. I can help you.
    Valerie: Thank you for inquiring about unlocking the iPhone device. All iPhone unlocks are processed through the AT&T iPhone unlock website.
    Valerie: You can request your iPhone unlock on our website at www.att.com/deviceunlock . It will take up to 5-7 days for the unlock to process. All the information is provided on the website about the unlock process.
    Nicholas: Cant you submit it for me I don't have 5-7 days to wait
    Valerie: This is now the process to unlock all devices.
    Nicholas: All over the internet customers of AT&T talk of how chat unlocks iPhones for them all the time
    Valerie: They just changed the process. Now it is done at the website.
    Nicholas: you can say you don't have access but someone there does who is it that I would need to speak with
    Nicholas: Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - AT&T Reportedly Unlocking On-Contract iPhones with Web Form read that forum even since the site has been up there are people reporting unlocks by chat feature
    Nicholas: kigendeng - Yesterday, 01:12 PM confirmed, using chat yesterday and asking to unlock 2 of my iphone 4S and they both are still under contract 11 months old, first CS says she couldn't do it because the system wont generate my imei i provided, i kept begging and she did her magic, got unlock confirmation in 15 minutes after and guess what, they both are now unlocked!
    Nicholas: if he could have it done why cant I?
    Nicholas: seems possible to me
    Valerie: The new policy went into effect 9/7/2012.
    Nicholas: yet he successfully had chat unlock it on 9/10/2012 how is that possible?
    Valerie: Looking at your account this iPhoneis still under contract and would not be eligible until 10/11/13.
    Nicholas: its ok have a great day
    Valerie: Thank you.
    I did that after 2nd attempt, first CSR wont do it because of my iphone wasnt eligible, then chatted again the next day on 9/9/12 I told her I need my iphone to be unlocked because I'm planning to go overseas for a couple weeks, and I need it soon.
    Last edited by kigendeng; 09-11-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Well my second attempt seems to have gone better (I did edit this removing my last name) but earlier I was told reps can't submit request but this rep was able to so I don't know but AT&T claimed their policy changed on 9/7/2012 and they could not submit unlocks but a few hours I guys there policy has changed AGAIN!!!!!
    Where can we read about this alleged 'policy change AGAIN' you're talking about? Who told you that. Where can I read the same data to corroborate what you're saying? 3 people with 4S under contract have gotten unlocks. 1 has not being told that it was now out of their policy to do that. And the change seems to have corresponded with a date.

When I put in all my info - proper IMEI # the email came back 2 days later - saying that they could find an ACTIVE account for me. I've been with them FOR YEARS!!!!!!!! I think that 'ATT Passcode' thing they ask for in the last box is key. It is NOT the passcode you use to log into your account online -- it's a separate 'PIN' that at one point you created - IF you created it. I found my PIN and it accepted my form this time. I guess I'll find out in a few days if the unlock goes thru. Very frustrating process. But with SO much to gain -- it's worth the hassle - I guess.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,188 Times in 6,204 Posts

Where can we read about this alleged 'policy change AGAIN' you're talking about? Who told you that. Where can I read the same data to corroborate what you're saying? 3 people with 4S under contract have gotten unlocks. 1 has not being told that it was now out of their policy to do that. And the change seems to have corresponded with a date.

When I put in all my info - proper IMEI # the email came back 2 days later - saying that they could find an ACTIVE account for me. I've been with them FOR YEARS!!!!!!!! I think that 'ATT Passcode' thing they ask for in the last box is key. It is NOT the passcode you use to log into your account online -- it's a separate 'PIN' that at one point you created - IF you created it. I found my PIN and it accepted my form this time. I guess I'll find out in a few days if the unlock goes thru. Very frustrating process. But with SO much to gain -- it's worth the hassle - I guess.
    Go here and use their service, really cheap too, they have a deal going on for under $9.00 you can get your AT&T phone unlocked. I have used them for over 25 phones in the last month. It takes under 24 hours before you get an email conformation and instructions to complete the unlock.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (09-11-2012), thazsar (09-13-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well my third try for my Fiancee's iPhone 4S. No luck but AT&T rep did admit that previous rep didn't follow procedure. Thought that was funny. I wish there was something that could be done about all their lies they feed to the customer.

You are now chatting with 'Charles Williams'

Charles Williams: Hello Ms. Lindsay. Thank you for contacting AT&T technical support. you have verified through our survey and need assistance in unlocking an iPhone.
    Lindsay: yes sir
    Charles Williams: Please click here to access our iPhone unlock request form. You will need to fill out all the required information to request an unlock for your device. If the device was purchased with non commitment pricing, you will also need to fax a copy of your proof of purchase to 214-782-6442 with the subject: Device Unlock Request. Please also include your name, the number of the device you are requesting an unlock for, your preferred means of contact (phone/email and valid contact info) and your clarify case number, which is provided after you fill out the request form. Please fax this information within 48 hours of your request, or it will automatically be denied. If the device was purchased with 2 year commitment pricing or through a third party, the fax will not be necessary.
    Lindsay: Can you please submit it for me I don't want to have to go thru a websiteThanks
    Lindsay: IMEI # 01 29360********
    Charles Williams: One moment please.
    Lindsay: Thank you sir
    Charles Williams: Was this a device purchased under contract, or non commitment?
    Lindsay: idk my fiancee bought it for me
    Lindsay: it is under his account
    Charles Williams: I see. If the device was purchased under a 2 year agreement, it would not be eligible for unlock until the contract has ended. If it was full purchase, the request must be made through the link I provided you, along with the fax information I specified.
    Lindsay: He purchased his 2 year contract about 15 minutes ago he spoke with someone who unlocked his iPhone 4S under contract with no issues
    Lindsay: do you want to see the chat log
    Lindsay: ?
    Lindsay: so I don't see why there should be a issue
    Charles Williams: I do see the chat log. Tech agents no longer perform the unlock requests directly. You will need to submit your request and the information requested by the form I provided.
    Lindsay: Please wait for a chat representative to respond. You are now chatting with 'Stephen Ashe' Stephen Ashe: Hello Mr. Nicholas, thank you for contacting AT&T Live Chat Support and for completing the prechat survey. I can help you with verifying if your iPhone device is eligible to be unlocked. I will also address any other questions you may have and review your account to ensure you are getting the best value for your money. Stephen Ashe: To verify if your iPhone is eligible for the unlock code can you please provide me the 15 digit IMEI number from the phone? You may obtain this number by entering * # 0 6 # on your phone. Nicholas: 0129360******** Nicholas: thank you Stephen Ashe: I will be a brief moment to bring up your account and check the iphone unlock eligibility. Thank you. Nicholas: no problem thank you Stephen Ashe: Mr. Nicholas, we now have a website where you can unlock your iphone device. Please click the link below and follow the steps to unlock your phone. Stephen Ashe: Iphone unlock Nicholas: Is there anyway you can submit it so I dont have to wait on that website? Stephen Ashe: There would be no difference with me submitting it or you doing it through the website. It will take the same amount of time. Nicholas: I would feel more at ease to know it as already submitted by a human than releying on a computer to make sure it gets done Stephen Ashe: Sure. Nicholas: Thank you sir I do appreciate it Stephen Ashe: Please provide your email as you will be contacted by email. Nicholas: Nicholas.******@Gmail.com Stephen Ashe: Thank you. Stephen Ashe: I will be just a moment sir. Nicholas: No problem thank you sire Nicholas: sir* Stephen Ashe: Almost finished Mr. Nicholas. Nicholas: no worries thanks Stephen Ashe: Mr. Nicholas, you case id is CM20120911_********. The case resolution date is September 19,2012. You will be contacted by email. Nicholas: Thank you sir Stephen Ashe: You are very welcome! I am happy to have resolved your issue today. There is a short survey by clicking on the close chat. I would appreciate your feedback as it helps us out greatly! Nicholas: will do take care Stephen Ashe: Cheers!
    Lindsay: it was just 10 15 minutes ago theres the log no need to lie.
    Lindsay: Please explain how your policy changes every 10 minutes
    Lindsay: CM20120911_********
    Charles Williams: The iPhone was not actually unlocked in that chat. A request to unlock was submitted.
    Lindsay: so why cant you submit it
    Lindsay: just submit the request
    Lindsay: that is all I am asking from you
    Charles Williams: Alright, I will need a few minutes to do that.
    Lindsay: no problem take your time Thank You
    Charles Williams: It appears I am unable to process the request on my end, Ms. Lindsay, I do apologize.
    Lindsay: may I ask why?
    Charles Williams: That is AT&T's current unlock policy, and the prior agent did not follow procedure. I apologize that they did not.
    Lindsay: I don't see how that could be very legal for all this. You said all chat logs are saved correct?
    Charles Williams: Yes, all chat logs are saved.
    Lindsay: I mean you can do it for one but not another. I understand your position and Im sorry you got stuck with this but at this point its a little frustrating on my end as well
    Charles Williams: I can understand your frustration, Ms. Lindsay.
    Lindsay: Thank you have a great day
    Charles Williams: We realize that you have a choice in Wireless providers and thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you today. We appreciate your business and thank you for visiting AT&T’s Support Chat.

Please click the close button to end your session. A customer satisfaction survey will automatically appear and we appreciate your feedback.
    Lindsay: Yes have been a loyal customer since 2008 and even after this and multiple issues I have experience with AT&T and their "Policy" will continue to be a loyal customer I just hope they can fix the issues they have take care

I apologize I was trying to say the rep Valerie said that on 9/7/2012 their Policy changed and that they could no longer process unlocks that it had to be done via web form. The second rep Stephen did not mention the policy at all and submitted request for my iPhone 4S that I purchased in a 2-year contract on release day last October. The third rep when I tried to unlock my fiancee's iPhone said that he could not submit it and when I mentioned that 2nd rep submitted it he said he could see the logs and that agent did not follow current unlock policy and he could not assist.
    Last edited by SoldierRican; 09-11-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Go here and use their service, really cheap too, they have a deal going on for under $9.00 you can get your AT&T phone unlocked. I have used them for over 25 phones in the last month. It takes under 24 hours before you get an email conformation and instructions to complete the unlock.
    Thanks - I will check it out.. With this method of unlock - will I lose my jailbreak by having to restore?

Thanks

Thanks - I will check it out.. With this method of unlock - will I lose my jailbreak by having to restore?
    You can use redsn0w if you don't want to restore to a fresh OS.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (09-11-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    You can use redsn0w if you don't want to restore to a fresh OS.
    Ok - so the redsnow or SAM methods of 'deactivate' should let me keep my jailbreak? Sounds good.

And if I want to continue with AT&T uninterrupted - my service will continue after this unlock -- no prob.. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by nvvinh View Post
    Can you help me? I have 2 iphone4 but do not unlock. Thanks.
    You need to get OK first from ATT then follow the instruction from email unlock confirmation or do it with SAM if your iphone already jailbroken.

Thanks

Ok - so the redsnow or SAM methods of 'deactivate' should let me keep my jailbreak? Sounds good.

And if I want to continue with AT&T uninterrupted - my service will continue after this unlock -- no prob.. Right?
    Correct.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (09-11-2012)

Well my third try for my Fiancee's iPhone 4S. No luck but AT&T rep did admit that previous rep didn't follow procedure. Thought that was funny. I wish there was something that could be done about all their lies they feed to the customer.

You are now chatting with 'Charles Williams'

Charles Williams: Hello Ms. Lindsay. Thank you for contacting AT&T technical support. you have verified through our survey and need assistance in unlocking an iPhone.
    Lindsay: yes sir
    Charles Williams: Please click here to access our iPhone unlock request form. You will need to fill out all the required information to request an unlock for your device. If the device was purchased with non commitment pricing, you will also need to fax a copy of your proof of purchase to 214-782-6442 with the subject: Device Unlock Request. Please also include your name, the number of the device you are requesting an unlock for, your preferred means of contact (phone/email and valid contact info) and your clarify case number, which is provided after you fill out the request form. Please fax this information within 48 hours of your request, or it will automatically be denied. If the device was purchased with 2 year commitment pricing or through a third party, the fax will not be necessary.
    Lindsay: Can you please submit it for me I don't want to have to go thru a websiteThanks
    Lindsay: IMEI # 01 29360********
    Charles Williams: One moment please.
    Lindsay: Thank you sir
    Charles Williams: Was this a device purchased under contract, or non commitment?
    Lindsay: idk my fiancee bought it for me
    Lindsay: it is under his account
    Charles Williams: I see. If the device was purchased under a 2 year agreement, it would not be eligible for unlock until the contract has ended. If it was full purchase, the request must be made through the link I provided you, along with the fax information I specified.
    Lindsay: He purchased his 2 year contract about 15 minutes ago he spoke with someone who unlocked his iPhone 4S under contract with no issues
    Lindsay: do you want to see the chat log
    Lindsay: ?
    Lindsay: so I don't see why there should be a issue
    Charles Williams: I do see the chat log. Tech agents no longer perform the unlock requests directly. You will need to submit your request and the information requested by the form I provided.
    Lindsay: Please wait for a chat representative to respond. You are now chatting with 'Stephen Ashe' Stephen Ashe: Hello Mr. Nicholas, thank you for contacting AT&T Live Chat Support and for completing the prechat survey. I can help you with verifying if your iPhone device is eligible to be unlocked. I will also address any other questions you may have and review your account to ensure you are getting the best value for your money. Stephen Ashe: To verify if your iPhone is eligible for the unlock code can you please provide me the 15 digit IMEI number from the phone? You may obtain this number by entering * # 0 6 # on your phone. Nicholas: 0129360******** Nicholas: thank you Stephen Ashe: I will be a brief moment to bring up your account and check the iphone unlock eligibility. Thank you. Nicholas: no problem thank you Stephen Ashe: Mr. Nicholas, we now have a website where you can unlock your iphone device. Please click the link below and follow the steps to unlock your phone. Stephen Ashe: Iphone unlock Nicholas: Is there anyway you can submit it so I dont have to wait on that website? Stephen Ashe: There would be no difference with me submitting it or you doing it through the website. It will take the same amount of time. Nicholas: I would feel more at ease to know it as already submitted by a human than releying on a computer to make sure it gets done Stephen Ashe: Sure. Nicholas: Thank you sir I do appreciate it Stephen Ashe: Please provide your email as you will be contacted by email. Nicholas: Nicholas.******@Gmail.com Stephen Ashe: Thank you. Stephen Ashe: I will be just a moment sir. Nicholas: No problem thank you sire Nicholas: sir* Stephen Ashe: Almost finished Mr. Nicholas. Nicholas: no worries thanks Stephen Ashe: Mr. Nicholas, you case id is CM20120911_********. The case resolution date is September 19,2012. You will be contacted by email. Nicholas: Thank you sir Stephen Ashe: You are very welcome! I am happy to have resolved your issue today. There is a short survey by clicking on the close chat. I would appreciate your feedback as it helps us out greatly! Nicholas: will do take care Stephen Ashe: Cheers!
    Lindsay: it was just 10 15 minutes ago theres the log no need to lie.
    Lindsay: Please explain how your policy changes every 10 minutes
    Lindsay: CM20120911_********
    Charles Williams: The iPhone was not actually unlocked in that chat. A request to unlock was submitted.
    Lindsay: so why cant you submit it
    Lindsay: just submit the request
    Lindsay: that is all I am asking from you
    Charles Williams: Alright, I will need a few minutes to do that.
    Lindsay: no problem take your time Thank You
    Charles Williams: It appears I am unable to process the request on my end, Ms. Lindsay, I do apologize.
    Lindsay: may I ask why?
    Charles Williams: That is AT&T's current unlock policy, and the prior agent did not follow procedure. I apologize that they did not.
    Lindsay: I don't see how that could be very legal for all this. You said all chat logs are saved correct?
    Charles Williams: Yes, all chat logs are saved.
    Lindsay: I mean you can do it for one but not another. I understand your position and Im sorry you got stuck with this but at this point its a little frustrating on my end as well
    Charles Williams: I can understand your frustration, Ms. Lindsay.
    Lindsay: Thank you have a great day
    Charles Williams: We realize that you have a choice in Wireless providers and thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you today. We appreciate your business and thank you for visiting AT&Tís Support Chat.

Please click the close button to end your session. A customer satisfaction survey will automatically appear and we appreciate your feedback.
    Lindsay: Yes have been a loyal customer since 2008 and even after this and multiple issues I have experience with AT&T and their "Policy" will continue to be a loyal customer I just hope they can fix the issues they have take care

I apologize I was trying to say the rep Valerie said that on 9/7/2012 their Policy changed and that they could no longer process unlocks that it had to be done via web form. The second rep Stephen did not mention the policy at all and submitted request for my iPhone 4S that I purchased in a 2-year contract on release day last October. The third rep when I tried to unlock my fiancee's iPhone said that he could not submit it and when I mentioned that 2nd rep submitted it he said he could see the logs and that agent did not follow current unlock policy and he could not assist.
    I dont know what to say anymore but if I were you, I'll just keep trying since they've done that to my 2 4S.
    Last edited by kigendeng; 09-13-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast