+ Reply
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Reportedly Unlocking On-Contract iPhones with Web Form

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone I'm starting to believe this is AT&T's doing because I recently request an unlock from them and was denied. Probably raised a red flag when I
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    I'm starting to believe this is AT&T's doing because I recently request an unlock from them and was denied. Probably raised a red flag when I went with the eBay method and they reversed it. No I have not tried other shop, just tmobile which should be enough.
    Honestly I think you are doing something wrong when restoring the phone. No one else in the forums ever had an issue with the eBay sellers. Maybe try restoring it on another computer?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    Honestly I think you are doing something wrong when restoring the phone. No one else in the forums ever had an issue with the eBay sellers. Maybe try restoring it on another computer?
    Nothing was done wrong, I got the iTunes unlock message. The problem is my IMEI is not unlocked on all the websites that I used. My IMEI was unlock for a short period of time, enough time for me to get the iTunes unlock message. Those websites gets data directly from Apple's server, so they are reliable. I used the SAM method first and even tried restoring, still not unlocked. It shouldn't matter which computer I used, because if my IMEI is not unlocked then it will never work.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 09-15-2012 at 03:50 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Nothing was done wrong, I got the itunes unlock message. The problem is my IMEI is not unlocked on all the websites that I used. Those websites gets data directly from Apple's server, so they are reliable. I used the SAM method first and even tried restoring, still not unlocked.
    Try calling Apple then. iTunes gets the message from Apple's servers, if it says it is unlocked, then it is. Call Apple and explain the problem, they should be able to sort you out. Obviously don't tell them it was unlocked through eBay.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    Try calling Apple then. iTunes gets the message from Apple's servers, if it says it is unlocked, then it is. Call Apple and explain the problem, they should be able to sort you out. Obviously don't tell them it was unlocked through eBay.
    I will try that and report back.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,162 Times in 6,964 Posts

I'm not so sure I would try that. First I would do a check on checkmend.com on the phone, make sure it isn't blocked or anything like that. Assuming it isn't I would get my money back from the ebay guy and try one of the bigger IMEI unlocking companies. Little more expensive but they get the job done and have way better customer service.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just talk with one of their representative and they said they don't have access to that information and that nothing can be done on their end.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 09-15-2012 at 04:02 PM.

rcm
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just talk with one of their representative and they said they don't have access to that information and that nothing can be done on their end.
    yeah that's just bull, they have it but don't want to check, they issued the phone and the sim so they have it, maybe if it was bought directly from apple, but if it was from them, they have it and just don't want to deal with it any more, probably the reason why now they only unlock with the web form instead of chat or costumer service. My advice is get a laptop and find an AT&T store, hope there is free wifi and just restore the phone in front of them and if it says the unlock message then check it again and if it says locked on a web site tell them to fix it since now you have proof it it does unlock. extreme i know but i don't see any other way than to just go to 3rd party shop to get it unlocked.
    Last edited by rcm; 09-15-2012 at 04:15 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    yeah that's just bull, they have it but don't want to check, they issued the phone and the sim so they have it, maybe if it was bought directly from apple, but if it was from them, they have it and just don't want to deal with it any more, probably the reason why now they only unlock with the web form instead of chat or costumer service. My advice is get a laptop and find an AT&T store, hope there is free wifi and just restore the phone in front of them and if it says the unlock message then check it again and if it says locked on a web site tell them to fix it since now you have proof it it does unlock. extreme i know but i don't see any other way than to just go to 3rd party shop to get it unlocked.
    Since my technical support have expired, they are probably trained to help people less as possible with this case. The same phone pre-ordered last year from them and they claim to have no information on it, some customer service apple have.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Since my technical support have expired, they are probably trained to help people less as possible with this case. The same phone pre-ordered last year from them and they claim to have no information on it, some customer service apple have.
    My only advice is to call again. Some CSR are pretentious pr*cks who hate their job and take it out on customers. Others will genuinely help you out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

did you try the web form? do you meet the requirements?
    im just curious to know what have you told them about your unlock problem.
    and were you talking to an apple rep or at&t rep?
    Last edited by mindblown; 09-15-2012 at 06:20 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mindblown View Post
    did you try the web form? do you meet the requirements?
    im just curious to know what have you told them about your unlock problem.
    and were you talking to an apple rep or at&t rep?
    Yes, I used the AT&T web form and it's an iPhone 4S of course I don't meet the requirement. You would be very lucky if AT&T unlocked an on contract iPhone 4S. Don't mean to be rude, but people really need to read before asking question. If you look only a few post up, you'll see that I called Apple. I told them that AT&T unlocked my iPhone (blatant lie, I know...) and how I restored then got the message, but suddenly I lost my unlock. I ask the guy to investigate the problem but he denied me.

I do have to good news to report, one of the two of my phone is reporting unlocked again on websites and it happened to be the one I called about. I'll be at T-Mobile again tomorrow to confirm this. Possibly because I called Apple about this phone and they fixed it without me knowing or did the seller get his act together? What ever it is, I hope it stays unlock and my other imei gets unlocked as well.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 09-15-2012 at 10:08 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,977 Times in 4,503 Posts

I do have to good news to report, one of the two of my phone is reporting unlocked again on websites and it happened to be the one I called about. I'll be at T-Mobile again tomorrow to confirm this. Possibly because I called Apple about this phone and they fixed it without me knowing or did the seller get his act together? What ever it is, I hope it stays unlock and my other imei gets unlocked as well.
    UnlockFusion, the reputable eBay seller you've been dissing the last 72 hours, has been swamped with hundreds of new orders since iP5 launched - and has 'come thru' for you now -- AS he said he would. Now maybe you'll stop calling him a scammer. :-/. I'm relieved you have your first of 2 unlocks. The other will happen too unless it's in the 0.5 % of phones he lists as being unlockable.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    UnlockFusion, the reputable eBay seller you've been dissing the last 72 hours, has been swamped with hundreds of new orders since iP5 launched - and has 'come thru' for you now -- AS he said he would. Now maybe you'll stop calling him a scammer. :-/. I'm relieved you have your first of 2 unlocks. The other will happen too unless it's in the 0.5 % of phones he lists as being unlockable.
    I still consider him a scammer whether you like it or not. It's highly likely that Apple was the one that corrected his mess since he doesn't process anything over the weekend. One of my other IMEI is still showing that it's locked which is the one that I did not call Apple about, so I'm not fully satisfied yet. Judging from his rudeness and poor customer service, I'll never use his service again that's for sure. I really don't see why your continuously defend him, if you was in my position would you still defend him?
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 09-16-2012 at 01:51 AM.

rcm
    Thanks

I still consider him a scammer whether you like it or not. It's highly likely that Apple was the one that corrected his mess since he doesn't process anything over the weekend. One of my other IMEI is still showing that it's locked, so I'm not fully satisfied yet. Judging from his rudeness and poor customer service, I'll never use his service again that's for sure. I really don't see why your continuously defend him, if you was in my position would you still defend him?
    Actually apple couldn't have done anything, the phone was at&t issued so apple has no power over it's lock or unlock, i still think though it wasn't a sim issue but something with the phone that was put in place by at&t.

I think that since the iphone 4s was the first phone to ever be released to other carriers and also the first to be sold separately from at&t factory unlocked that maybe there some kind of internal setting that prevents the phone from unlocking without at&t's assistance.
    Last edited by rcm; 09-16-2012 at 01:57 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Actually apple couldn't have done anything, the phone was at&t issued so apple has no power over it's lock or unlock, i still think though it wasn't a sim issue but something with the phone that was put in place by at&t.
    So you're saying Apple couldn't have called AT&T about this issue? I remember the last time I called at&t about unlocking a phone, they referred me back to the manufacture, so I'm sure Apple has the ability to unlock their phones. The imei data is also in Apple's server which means they have control over it, thus the ability to offer unlocked phones.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 09-16-2012 at 02:05 AM.

rcm
    Thanks

I really don't think so, remember that unless it's a factory unlock even apple can't sell an iphone without a contract with either at&t, sprint or verizon, if apple were to unlock it then it would be helping any other carrier that isn't the ones it has a deal with, maybe i'm wrong but i just don't see apple unlocking a iphone that was given by a carrier that it has a contract with.

Thanks

I still consider him a scammer whether you like it or not. It's highly likely that Apple was the one that corrected his mess since he doesn't process anything over the weekend. One of my other IMEI is still showing that it's locked which is the one that I did not call Apple about, so I'm not fully satisfied yet. Judging from his rudeness and poor customer service, I'll never use his service again that's for sure. I really don't see why your continuously defend him, if you was in my position would you still defend him?
    LOL its not a scam, obviously it worked for you but unfortunately your phone got relocked, maybe at&t found out it was a "shady" unlock and besides you even got the congrats message...
    Last edited by mindblown; 09-16-2012 at 02:20 AM.

rcm
    Thanks

also Xclusive i went to unlock_fusion feedback page and some of the negatives do say what phone had the problem even though you can't see the auction, maybe you could find anyone else with and iphone 4s and contact the user to see if he was ever able to unlock.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

also Xclusive i went to unlock_fusion feedback page and some of the negatives do say what phone had the problem even though you can't see the auction, maybe you could find anyone else with and iphone 4s and contact the user to see if he was ever able to unlock.
    If I have to go through that much hassle to gain this seller's trust then why use him in the first place? I obviously been fooled by his huge number of positive feedback.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 09-16-2012 at 02:23 AM.

Thanks

well we can't control you, it was your own choice to make. sh!t happens man, thats life. you win some you lose some
    Last edited by mindblown; 09-16-2012 at 02:27 AM.