+ Reply
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Reportedly Unlocking On-Contract iPhones with Web Form

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by NewdestinyX But you're the only one of hundreds of people who's had any problem at all with them. Please don't make it sound as if this eBay
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    But you're the only one of hundreds of people who's had any problem at all with them. Please don't make it sound as if this eBay seller is unreliable. He's not.

There's something unique about your situation..that isnt common to most people who use them. If iTunes gives you the Congrats You're Unlocked message. You're unlocked. Period. You don't need to test with TMobile. iTunes tells you the whole story.
    I don't know why you are trying so hard to defend a seller that has over 200 negative and neutral feedback. I'm sure I'm not the only one that he has failed to provide service whether to iPhone or any other device. I got the unlock message via iTunes but I went to tmobile and tried their sim and it's not working. Only a few have reported here that his service actually worked. He also keeps his feedback private, so we can't be sure how many iPhones were actually successfully unlocked. Mine was successfully unlocked after using his service but hours later Apple relocked it.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 09-15-2012 at 12:07 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

i was wondering that too, its probably the phone is the problem. i mean he did got the congrats message.. so i shouldnt see why not.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    I don't know why you are trying so hard to defend a seller that has over 200 negative and neutral feedback. I'm sure I'm not the only one that he has failed to provide service whether to iPhone or any other device. I got the unlock message via iTunes but I went to tmobile and tried their sim and it's not working. Only a few have reported here that his service actually worked. He also keeps his feedback private, so we can't be sure how many iPhones were actually successfully unlocked. Mine was successfully unlocked after using his service but hours later Apple relocked it.
    Im not defending this seller, but if your going to provide facts? then provide everything! Yes there is 224 negative in the last 12 months, but also has 73892 positives in 12 months. I think the negative issues are probably unique issues dealing with the phones people are using? Who knows maybe they bought the phone used? and that seller lied to them about where they got it? who knows??? But i don't think eBay would have this user selling a service that wasn't legit and i would think if people werent getting there phones unlocked that that this person would have 73892 negatives and not positives. Just my opinion tho.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,985 Times in 4,507 Posts

He only claims to be able to help 99.5%. Of course the ones who he can't help or have to wait more than an hour will complain. Is your bill paid? Was your phone ever stolen? There could be many reasons why it didn't work for you. But to tell you the truth I'm beginning to not believe your story of "once I was unlocked and now I'm not". Since you're the only one reporting problems you could just as easily be trying to stir up problems. You have proof of your story?

And the TMobile sim I tried worked perfectly in my unlocked phone by them. MANY have reported that too already so you're not reporting accurately there either. It's ok for you to be frustrated with a company that couldn't make something work for you that's worked for others. But stop acting like their scammers.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-15-2012 at 12:34 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

@xclusiveiphone, i was wondering if you still get the congrats unlock message?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    He only claims to be able to help 99.5%. Of course the ones who he can't help or have to wait more than an hour will complain. Is your bill paid? Was you phone ever stolen? There could be many reasons why it didn't work for you. But to tell you the truth I'm beginning to not believe your story of "once I was unlocked and now I'm not". Since you're the only one reporting problems you could just as easily be trying to stir up problems. You have proof of your story?

And the TMobile sim works perfectly in my unlocked phone by them. MANY have reported that too already so you're not reporting accurately there either. It's ok for you to be frustrated with a company that couldn't make something work for that's worked for others. But stop acting like their scanners.
    You want proof? I got proof...Been a AT&T customer for over 7 years and always paid my bills on time; this I can't prove.
    These pictures will say it all.

Quote Originally Posted by mindblown View Post
    @xclusiveiphone, i was wondering if you still get the congrats unlock message?
    No, I only got it once using the sam method. After that no more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AT&T Reportedly Unlocking On-Contract iPhones with Web Form-ss.png   AT&T Reportedly Unlocking On-Contract iPhones with Web Form-img_0624.png  

Thanks

You want proof? I got proof...Been a AT&T customer for over 7 years and always paid my bills on time; this I can't prove.
    These pictures will say it all.

Sorry your having trouble, i tried that website in your pic and mine says unlocked and i have tried other website too just besides the other few that people have post links too and still says unlocked. But i can say this? im just using IOS 6 and not jailbreaking or using SAM or anything like that. Hope you can gets your unlocked :P

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Sorry your having trouble, i tried that website in your pic and mine says unlocked and i have tried other website too just besides the other few that people have post links too and still says unlocked. But i can say this? im just using IOS 6 and not jailbreaking or using SAM or anything like that. Hope you can gets your unlocked :P
    That website showed unlocked for me at first, but for some reason within hours later it change to locked. These website are pretty reliable way to tell if your phone is unlock because data all pulled from Apple's server. I'm still trying to work things out with the seller, but he's very inconsistent. In one email he says I'm unlocked, then in another he tells me to wait 12 hours.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,669 Times in 5,934 Posts

Within this thread and others who have used this seller for unlocks, all I can say for sure is that it has worked for 100's of people, at least 30 of my personal friends (myself included with 4 family iPhones) and members here too. This is the first issue I have heard of in over a month of using him.
    Could it be a phone issue, user error, or perhaps that 5% that have issues as stated in the sellers ad. Not sure.
    Hopefully all will work out as I feel your frustration.
    Keep us up to date on what's happening please.

Thanks

you got relocked from apple

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mindblown View Post
    you got relocked from apple
    Chances are that once the PayPal dispute report was made, he may have removed your device from Apple server. I hope it all works out for you.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Chances are that once the PayPal dispute report was made, he may have removed your device from Apple server. I hope it all works out for you.
    It was relocked way before I open the PayPal dispute. Why would I open a case if there was no problem?

Thanks

It was relocked way before I open the PayPal dispute. Why would I open a case if there was no problem?
    Agree.

rcm
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

xclusive
    i just went here iPhone IMEI Checker with SIMLock Status and mine still says unlocked,I think it's time you start focusing on a phone instead of a sim issue, after all it is an AT&T issued iphone and we all know they have a couple of methods to keep phones locked.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    xclusive
    i just went here iPhone IMEI Checker with SIMLock Status and mine still says unlocked,I think it's time you start focusing on a phone instead of a sim issue, after all it is an AT&T issued iphone and we all know they have a couple of methods to keep phones locked.
    Can it be a coincidence that 2 same model iPhones 4S are having the same issue? I personally don't think it's the phone.

rcm
    Thanks

Can it be a coincidence that 2 same model iPhones 4S are having the same issue? I personally don't think it's the phone.
    oh ok, i have an iphone 4and not a 4s, maybe that might be a reason, like i said AT&T has ways to mess with the locks, and since the iphone 4s is the first iphone they started selling factory unlocked then maybe there is something in them that keeps them from being unlocked outside of AT&T. Of course it might not be that but i'm just saying that might be a reason. Have you tried taking it to a tech shop or just taking it to a tmobile store to see if maybe they can check the sims?.
    Last edited by rcm; 09-15-2012 at 03:00 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    oh ok, i have an iphone 4and not a 4s, maybe that might be a reason, like i said AT&T has ways to mess with the locks, and since the iphone 4s is the first iphone they started selling factory unlocked then maybe there is something in them that keeps them from being unlocked outside of AT&T. Of course it might not be that but i'm just saying that might be a reason. Have you tried taking it to a tech shop or just taking it to a tmobile store to see if maybe they can check the sims?.
    I'm starting to believe this is AT&T's doing because I recently request an unlock from them and was denied. Probably raised a red flag when I went with the eBay method and they reversed it. No I have not tried other shop, just tmobile which should be enough.

rcm
    Thanks

I'm starting to believe this is AT&T's doing because I recently request an unlock from them and was denied. Probably raised a red flag when I went with the eBay method and they reversed it.
    well they might have permanently locked the phone for too many tries, i think you get only 5 tries before they permanently locked it.

Thanks

I'm starting to believe this is AT&T's doing because I recently request an unlock from them and was denied. Probably raised a red flag when I went with the eBay method and they reversed it. No I have not tried other shop, just tmobile which should be enough.
    Well that what i did, i tried the ATT method and got denied. I even call them about the denial email and said sorry its because your in contract still. so then i went and did the eBay unlock. Everything has been fine since for me. Like i said before i have gone to all these website checking and they all say im still unlocked.