+ Reply
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Reportedly Unlocking On-Contract iPhones with Web Form

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by blkcadi Looking for it, MSNBC changes their stories so fast. I'll post it as soon as I can find it again. Found it, this is the site
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,835 Times in 4,437 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Looking for it, MSNBC changes their stories so fast. I'll post it as soon as I can find it again.

Found it, this is the site they linked to about the news.
    Before iPhone 5, Chinese Prepare to Cut SIM Cards | Business & Economy | China | Epoch Times
    Cadi, my goodness, SIM cutting so early.. What the heck do you do for a living? Are you a phone reseller on eBay too? Or have a shop like Simon?

So how does this all work now with me giving my wife my 4S and me getting 5. And swapping sims.. Is it that simple?? At&T will be fine with this?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,627 Times in 5,902 Posts

LOL, no phone store. I'm partners with my Dad in a high end Rod and Custom shop in Scottsdale, Arizona. I just know a ton of people that have iPhones, and all my employees (40+) have iPhones too, and being a mod, I make it my job to check out everything Apple.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (09-14-2012)

Thanks

LOL, no phone store. I'm partners with my Dad in a high end Rod and Custom shop in Scottsdale, Arizona. I just know a ton of people that have iPhones, and all my employees (40+) have iPhones too, and being a mod, I make it my job to check out everything Apple.
    Understood! :-). Yours and Simon's help has been invaluable. I thought now with a new iPhone out I'd have to head back to iPhone forums.net to get all info about jailbreak etc.. And now I see I can stay right here at ModMyi for everything! After JB's are untethered ModMyI is the place everyone comes. But when a new phone's out people are only interested in timetables for JB release. And I didn't think ModMyI was the place for that info.

Thanks again!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (09-14-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,627 Times in 5,902 Posts

My opinion is that ours is the best site for all jailbreak news and inks. Most all of the Jailbreak teams are also members of MMi as well as Jay Freeman (saurik) the main man behind WinterBoard.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (09-14-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,101 Times in 6,940 Posts

My opinion is that ours is the best site for all jailbreak news and inks. Most all of the Jailbreak teams are also members of MMi as well as Jay Freeman (saurik) the main man behind WinterBoard.
    +1000000

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (09-14-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

dont forget about cydia
    without it we would have to be searching for tweaks and installing/removing them manually and that would be a PITA

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 672 Posts

lol, no phone store. I'm partners with my dad in a high end rod and custom shop in scottsdale, arizona. I just know a ton of people that have iphones, and all my employees (40+) have iphones too, and being a mod, i make it my job to check out everything apple.
    sweet lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You guys make this a lot harder than it has to be. I called 611 on the 12th, sat on hold for about 8 minutes, the tech apologized for the long hold time, and I asked him to unlock my 4s. He informed me that he couldn't do it because I was only 11 months into my contract. I told him that I saw that they would do it anyway on multiple sites. I also told him I wanted to buy a 5, and take advantage of the half subsidized price, and start a new 2 year contract. He put me on hold, came back and said he couldn't get a supervisor, so he was going to send the request to apple anyway. A few minutes later, he told me my phone was unlocked. All said and done, 20 mins on the phone and I'm unlocked by AT&T.

rcm
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spice_weasel View Post
    You guys make this a lot harder than it has to be. I called 611 on the 12th, sat on hold for about 8 minutes, the tech apologized for the long hold time, and I asked him to unlock my 4s. He informed me that he couldn't do it because I was only 11 months into my contract. I told him that I saw that they would do it anyway on multiple sites. I also told him I wanted to buy a 5, and take advantage of the half subsidized price, and start a new 2 year contract. He put me on hold, came back and said he couldn't get a supervisor, so he was going to send the request to apple anyway. A few minutes later, he told me my phone was unlocked. All said and done, 20 mins on the phone and I'm unlocked by AT&T.
    I think it all depends on who the costumer rep is, some will help and other will just try to end the call asap.

Thanks

+1

Thanks

I once worked in a call center. 30 seconds after the last call ended, I got a new pissed off customer. The people that were polite and nice to me got whatever they wanted. And keep in mind, at the call center I worked at, they were on hold for 45-70 mins before they got a person.

Now that AT&T did a carrier unlock, will my phone work on sprint? If the initial sale does not go through, I have a bunch of friends on sprint who will buy it.

Also, I called tech support, not just the normal customer service.
    Last edited by spice_weasel; 09-14-2012 at 10:12 PM.

rcm
    Thanks

i have a question for whoever than can answer it, has any one here used a micro-sim that was a regular sim before but had the sides cut to fit the iphone 4 or 4s?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    i have a question for whoever than can answer it, has any one here used a micro-sim that was a regular sim before but had the sides cut to fit the iphone 4 or 4s?
    yes
    just be careful when cutting the sim though, use another micro sim to know where to cut and how big it should be

the easiest way is to use a micro sim cutter, i bought mines off ebay before and they also gave me some adapters micro to regular sim
    Last edited by mindblown; 09-14-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,851 Times in 858 Posts

I cut mine with scissors when the ip4 came out and it worked perfectly. Why do u ask?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,101 Times in 6,940 Posts

Lots of people do this. I have cut done too many sims to remember to micro sim size.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Any body has experience to use baseband "4.x.x on ios 5.x" and "BB 2.10.04 on ios 5.x" which is better in battery lifetime and signal strength?
    Does higher BB work better than the older BB? and if yes, What is better?

rcm
    Thanks

To all who answered thanks, is just that now that my iphone is unlocked i just wanted to make sure i could switch company, but since some don't have micro-sims i wanted to know if i could just take a regular one a modify it to micro.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yes you can cut any regular sim into micro sim and it will work. You should invest on a sim cutter, they are cheap and makes cutting easy. Also if you got your unlock from eBay, it should be tested with tmobile. I bought mine from eBay and it's not unlock. Seller kept insisting that it's unlocked when in fact it's not.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    Yes you can cut any regular sim into micro sim and it will work. You should invest on a sim cutter, they are cheap and makes cutting easy. Also if you got your unlock from eBay, it should be tested with tmobile. I bought mine from eBay and it's not unlock. Seller kept insisting that it's unlocked when in fact it's not.
    But you're the only one of hundreds of people who's had any problem at all with them. Please don't make it sound as if this eBay seller is unreliable. He's not.

There's something unique about your situation..that isnt common to most people who use them. If iTunes gives you the Congrats You're Unlocked message. You're unlocked. Period. You don't need to test with TMobile. iTunes tells you the whole story.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-15-2012 at 11:50 AM.

rcm
    Thanks

i've personally haven't checked with another sim, but every site that tells you if you are unlocked or not says that i'm still unlocked. Xclusive maybe your issue is not the sim but maybe the phone itself or just AT&T trying to mess with you.