Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: September 21st: The Critical Countdown for FedEx Begins

  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Posts
    3,850
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

    Default September 21st: The Critical Countdown for FedEx Begins


    While the package delivery business is commonly the craziest all year during the holidays, Christmas is coming early for FedEx. The venerable delivery service is said to be actively gearing up for a challenge not commonly seen so far out from the holidays.

    According to published reports Friday, all hands are on desk so-to-speak for Sept. 21st - the widely anticipated but still not confirmed release date for the new iPhone 5. As MMi reported Tuesday, Apple confirmed that it will show off the 6th generation smartphone next Wednesday.

    Presumably, the device will become available for preorders shortly after the press conference, with delivery coming on or around September 21st. Apple has a long and positive working relationship with FedEx - a relationship that will be powerfully constructive in the coming days.

    Early reports estimate that as many as 22-23 million iPhones may be sold between next week and the end of 2012. All told, that amounts to big business for Apple... and FedEx.

    Source: Venture Beat

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,441
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 185 Times in 145 Posts

    Maybe I missed something but where is Sept 21st coming from? Just a guess of availability I assume?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Maybe I missed something but where is Sept 21st coming from? Just a guess of availability I assume?
    "According to published reports Friday, all hands are on desk so-to-speak for Sept. 21st"

    Sounds like they're saying there are reports FedEx is bulking up on their personnel at that time, maybe even blocking out vacation days, but since they're not really saying that at all, it could be fake.

  5. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fresno, Calli
    Posts
    2,011
    Thanks
    2,650
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 751 Posts

    I just might go to the store and buy one, went thru the mess of pre-ordering online at midnight last yr to get my new 4S at 8PM of 1st day availability LOL. went to the store to add my girlfriend on my account to use my iPhone 4 and talked to the ladies in there and they had plenty of new 4S's in stock of both colors and memory sizes. Guess AT&T learned from the iPhone 4 mess (lack of stock) and ordered plenty to have in stock. But then again? I didn't have FedEx making the delivery AT&T sent it via UPS.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by bisayakid07 View Post
    Can't wait ☺
    Count me in for Two Phones

    this is worse than being a little kid on x-mas eve.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    Count me in for Two Phones

    this is worse than being a little kid on x-mas eve.
    Lol. Same here count me in. I'm gonna have to pay full price. Apple it better be worth it.

  8. #8
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,896
    Thanks
    955
    Thanked 3,205 Times in 1,371 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    I just might go to the store and buy one, went thru the mess of pre-ordering online at midnight last yr to get my new 4S at 8PM of 1st day availability LOL. went to the store to add my girlfriend on my account to use my iPhone 4 and talked to the ladies in there and they had plenty of new 4S's in stock of both colors and memory sizes. Guess AT&T learned from the iPhone 4 mess (lack of stock) and ordered plenty to have in stock. But then again? I didn't have FedEx making the delivery AT&T sent it via UPS.
    I don't know...
    W/ the rumors of possible shortages and this being a new design, it's highly likely that stores will sell out fast. But...you might be right! We'll see in a few weeks!!!

  9. #9
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    594
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 50 Times in 35 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I don't know...
    W/ the rumors of possible shortages and this being a new design, it's highly likely that stores will sell out fast. But...you might be right! We'll see in a few weeks!!!
    Everyone, I mean EVERYONE massively underestimated the iPhone 4S release. The media and fanboys alike were very dissapointed with the unveiling, and yet it still managed to blow all expectations and records out of the water.

    As long as Apple doesn't......Wait...Actually...It doesn't matter what Apple does with the iPhone 5. It will be bought, and it will sell out, and the servers will crash, and the people will camp, and the droids will rebel, finally finding knowledge biting into their first Apple, and the mainstream media will be their to cover it all.

    "If you build it...they will come..." This famous line from the best baseball movie ever, has not only become a reality for Apple, but a law!
    El Zurdo

  10. #10
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,896
    Thanks
    955
    Thanked 3,205 Times in 1,371 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Everyone, I mean EVERYONE massively underestimated the iPhone 4S release. The media and fanboys alike were very dissapointed with the unveiling, and yet it still managed to blow all expectations and records out of the water.

    As long as Apple doesn't......Wait...Actually...It doesn't matter what Apple does with the iPhone 5. It will be bought, and it will sell out, and the servers will crash, and the people will camp, and the droids will rebel, finally finding knowledge biting into their first Apple, and the mainstream media will be their to cover it all.

    "If you build it...they will come..." This famous line from the best baseball movie ever, has not only become a reality for Apple, but a law!
    HahHahaha!!! +1

  11. #11
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    so when the preorders start will i be able to buy one outright? or do i have to wait?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by weazle23 View Post
    so when the preorders start will i be able to buy one outright? or do i have to wait?
    Same question I have. No upgrades for me full price.

  13. #13
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    yea im using mine on straight talk so hoping can preorder no contract one

  14. #14
    Anyone preorder a 4s last year and were u able to buy it outright? I would imagine u could I can't see apple turning down that much money but hey apple does do weird things.

  15. #15
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,896
    Thanks
    955
    Thanked 3,205 Times in 1,371 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Anyone preorder a 4s last year and were u able to buy it outright? I would imagine u could I can't see apple turning down that much money but hey apple does do weird things.
    Last year, I was upgrading my phone w/ a pre-order and I wanted to buy 2 unlocked phones at the same time BUT the unlocked versions were not available for another month..

  16. #16
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    i dont really care if its unlocked. straight talk works on locked att phones. but jailbroke is another story. really tryin to decide between the 5 and the s3. going to see what specs the 5 have before i make final decision. but i promise if i go with the s3 i wont come back on here and act like some of the people lol

  17. #17
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    aaaaagggghhhhhhh I can't wait!!!!

  18. #18
    Hopefully the jailbreak for it will be easy.... I know the gsm version will come faster. Hopefully we can enjoy that Verizon lte!

  19. #19
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,896
    Thanks
    955
    Thanked 3,205 Times in 1,371 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Hopefully the jailbreak for it will be easy.... I know the gsm version will come faster. Hopefully we can enjoy that Verizon lte!
    Unless they find a vulnerability in iOS 6, the JB will prolly take a while. We haven't heard of an iOS 6 exploit, yet, and 'hopefully' that's on purpose so Apple isn't alerted of a breach.

    Judging strictly from history, though, if there was an exploit, we would've heard about it but since we haven't, we have to assume they haven't found one. Otherwise, they'll need to find a hardware exploit in the ip5 (which will take some time) and that still leaves all A5 devices out of the loop...

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Unless they find a vulnerability in iOS 6, the JB will prolly take a while. We haven't heard of an iOS 6 exploit, yet, and 'hopefully' that's on purpose so Apple isn't alerted of a breach.

    Judging strictly from history, though, if there was an exploit, we would've heard about it but since we haven't, we have to assume they haven't found one. Otherwise, they'll need to find a hardware exploit in the ip5 (which will take some time) and that still leaves all A5 devices out of the loop...

    Your right. There hasn't been any talk about it at all. Well I'll be happy with the lte capabilities.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •