+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reports Claim Apple Dropping Samsung as Memory Supplier During First iPhone 5 Run

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Reuters is reporting Apple may have dropped Samsung as a memory supplier for the first run of next-generation iPhones. Reuter’s unnamed industry supply chain sources claim Apple will continue to
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Reports Claim Apple Dropping Samsung as Memory Supplier During First iPhone 5 Run

Reuters is reporting Apple may have dropped Samsung as a memory supplier for the first run of next-generation iPhones.

Reuter’s unnamed industry supply chain sources claim Apple will continue to use DRAM and NAND flash modules made by Samsung in future products, but have drastically cut orders from Samsung leading up to the next-generation iPhone’s launch. The Korean Economic Daily in a separate report claims Apple dropped Samsung as a memory supplier for the iPhone launch in a couple weeks, replacing the units with modules from Toshiba, Eplida Memory, and SK Hynix.

"Samsung is still in the list of initial memory chip suppliers (for new iPhones). But Apple orders have been trending down and Samsung is making up for the reduced order from others, notably Samsung's handset business," — Reuters Source.
    The source claims the move isn’t meant to send a message to Samsung, or cut the company out because of their recent legal troubles, but is rather an effort by Apple to diversify their supply chain. Speculation that Apple would drop the company as a supplier has taken its toll on Samsung in the stock market, but the endgame for Apple is likely a negotiating tactic in an effort to squeak cheaper parts out of Samsung.

Apple isn’t dropping Samsung as a supplier any time soon, remember they’re still the only supplier of Retina displays for the third-generation iPad, and manufacture a litany of other components for Apple.

Source: Reuters and The Korean Economic Daily [via AppleInsider]

Banned
    Thanks

Thats how much a-holes Apple are. Samsung make most of the iDevices and they sue them for copying.
    I hope Samsung halt all production of Apple products then see what Apple do. They will have to go cry somewhere else to get their parts.

Talk about "bite the hand that feeds you"...

So if it wasn't for Samsung then Apple wouldn't have an iPhone would they.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Samsung make most of the iDevices and they sue them for copying.
    I hope Samsung halt all production of Apple products then see what Apple do. They will have to go cry somewhere else to get their parts.

I would have to say that apple is the hand that feeds Samsung. Sense apple has to purchase these parts they are a customer of Samsung. So ask yourself this question where would Samsung be with out apple buying there parts?

There are other part companies but only one apple
    Last edited by blkcadi; 09-08-2012 at 03:39 PM. Reason: language

Thanks
    Thats how much a-holes Apple are. Samsung make most of the iDevices and they sue them for copying.

Not very accurate, Apple has already aquired several flash rom memory companies in order to facilitate some of the manufacturing in-house to keep costs down..Ultimatly they both need each other at this point..And it's not just Apple sueing Samsung..this has gone both ways for quite some time, they are both patent infringement trolls...But you can't just blame Apple
    Last edited by MatrixTech; 09-06-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    They will have to go cry somewhere else...
    I wish you'd go cry somewhere else...

Green Apple
    Thanks

@NakedFaerie, do you understand corporate economics at all? The only reason Samsung was the original supplier in the first place was because they came in with the lowest bid. If Texas Instruments, Micron, or Billy Bobs Chip Emporium etc. had the lowest original bid they would have been the primary supplier.
    Just because Apple wants to diversify the supply chain has nothing to do with wanting to "bite" anyone, it has more to do with ensuring the parts will be available at a lower cost when they are needed.
    Now on the matter of Samsung stopping production? Not a chance in hell, the stock holders would form a lynch mob and go straight to Korea. Besides, business is business, both Apple and Samsung know this. Something you obviously have no clue about.
    Last edited by HeliPilot; 09-06-2012 at 10:52 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    I would have to say that apple is the hand that feeds Samsung. Sense apple has to purchase these parts they are a customer of Samsung. So ask yourself this question where would Samsung be with out apple buying there parts?

Agreed..

Quote Originally Posted by HeliPilot View Post
    @NakedFaerie, do you understand corporate economics at all? The only reason Samsung was the original supplier in the first place was because they came in with the lowest bid. If Texas Instruments, Micron, or Billy Bobs Chip Emporium etc. had the lowest original bid they would have been the primary supplier.
    Just because Apple wants to diversify the supply chain has nothing to do with wanting to "bite" anyone, it has more to do with ensuring the parts will be available at a lower cost when they are needed.
    Now on the matter of Samsung stopping production? Not a chance in hell, the stock holders would form a lynch mob and go straight to Korea. Besides, business is business, both Apple and Samsung know this. Something you obviously have no clue about.
    +1
    Last edited by MatrixTech; 09-06-2012 at 10:54 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

come on guys dont feed the troll, nakedfaeri is still salty because samsung lost the trial

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ah the infamous troll known as NakedFairie heating up the debate again with his normal routine of bashing apple. This guy needs a life and should be banned from this forum.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhonePutz View Post
    +1

Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,940 Posts

+1
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Livin the iPhone Life Dark_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Hahaha classic

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

As with all "reports" posted here, take it with a grain of salt.
    Unless Apple can get a cheaper supplier that can also keep up with demand they aren't gonna drop Samsung.
    Samsung are simply too good at producing so many components for Apple for them to drop them without effecting the quality of their devices or supply.

I wish this constant childish, uninformed, stupid bickering from the crApple and Samsuck camps would just f**k off. Thinking either company is infallible in anything is wrong, stupid and ignorant.
    Last edited by feidhlim1986; 09-07-2012 at 06:09 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i don't understand why apple haters even hang out on here, unless it's just that they have no life and are bored and want to make everyone as miserable as they are. this is a pro apple site. expect pro apple messages and pro apple opinions.

my life is way too busy for me to waste time on an android site slamming them (not that i even care to, android is ok, it's just not for me, i'm quite happy with iOS).

rcm
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

in ios some of my favorite apps are Google search and Chrome, which are made by Google, which makes Android, which is partners with Samsung, which is Apple's biggest rival, the circle of life.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
    i don't understand why apple haters even hang out on here, unless it's just that they have no life and are bored and want to make everyone as miserable as they are. this is a pro apple site. expect pro apple messages and pro apple opinions.

my life is way too busy for me to waste time on an android site slamming them (not that i even care to, android is ok, it's just not for me, i'm quite happy with iOS).
    The problem is not pro Apple or "hater". It's the blind, unwavering, rose tinted, apple sh*ts rainbows and is mana from heaven, mentality that people have and are 100% anti anything else as if Hitler created it and anyone who has any form of negative opinion about anything Apple must be a "hater".

I'm pro Apple, but I'm not an idiot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    The problem is not pro Apple or "hater". It's the blind, unwavering, rose tinted, apple sh*ts rainbows and is mana from heaven, mentality that people have and are 100% anti anything else as if Hitler created it and anyone who has any form of negative opinion about anything Apple must be a "hater".

I'm pro Apple, but I'm not an idiot.
    Reports are written by people, people have opinions, people are bias toward those opinions.

All he was saying is why sit and complain. On android sites its the same thing about how they are Better about how there numbers are better this that and the other.

If your a republican stay out of democrat forums, cause guess what the news will all be pro what ever the site Is.

This site is pro apple so of course the articles will be like that. Don't see anything wrong with being a fan of a product anymore than being a fan of a sports team.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Same place they are now. Apple is a small part of Samsung's overall income.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    Same place they are now. Apple is a small part of Samsung's overall income.
    With the amount of iPhones sold and made I find that hard to believe.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

With the amount of iPhones sold and made I find that hard to believe.
    With the amount of other non apple devices Samsung provides for I don't.