Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reports Claim Apple Dropping Samsung as Memory Supplier During First iPhone 5 Run

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    With the amount of other non apple devices Samsung provides for I don't.
    Either way you look at it apple is a big chunk of that and is a hit on there pocket book. No way am I saying they would go bankrupt or anything but a client that size could be a big hit

Some rough calculations indicate Apple is about 3% of Samsung's entire revenue for the iPhone alone, so I think there important.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    With the amount of iPhones sold and made I find that hard to believe.
    Simple google search will prove it...you should try it sometimes before inserting foot into mouth. They supply parts to a LOT of manufacturers, not to mention in house. IPhone is only something like 2.5% DRAM/NAND component earnings for 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    Some rough calculations indicate Apple is about 3% of Samsung's entire revenue for the iPhone alone, so I think there important.
    On 1 million dollars that comes to a whole $30,000. Drop in the bucket.
    Last edited by Tperry; 09-08-2012 at 04:27 AM.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    Tell that to the investors and let's see how they respond.

Simple google search will prove it...you should try it sometimes before inserting foot into mouth. They supply parts to a LOT of manufacturers, not to mention in house. IPhone is only something like 2.5% DRAM/NAND component earnings for 2012.

Not sure how losing any percent of profit is no big deal lol

Thanks

Not sure how losing any percent of profit is no big deal lol
    It will be made up elsewhere. The iPhone is not the only phone on Terra Firma and Apple is not the only phone manufacturer. If I remember right, the new Droid RAZRs are going to be using Samsungs screens which realize a higher profit margin per unit.

It will be made up elsewhere. The iPhone is not the only phone on Terra Firma and Apple is not the only phone manufacturer. If I remember right, the new Droid RAZRs are going to be using Samsungs screens which realize a higher profit margin per unit.
    Lol you talk as if money just flows like wine. A hit is a hit. I never said it would destroy the company. But losing apple as a customer is a hit no matter how you look at it.

Thanks

Lol you talk as if money just flows like wine. A hit is a hit. I never said it would destroy the company. But losing apple as a customer is a hit no matter how you look at it.
    Like I said, they took a hit on the low cost DRAM/NAND and have taken a gain on the higher priced screens they are selling to Motorola. My point is it is not the major hit that some folks are trying to make it be. Apple is just one of many manufacturers that Samsungs component division sells to. Hell, Samsung has sold over 20,000,000 S3's since its release. They chew up a healthy part of their components themselves.

Like I said, they took a hit on the low cost DRAM/NAND and have taken a gain on the higher priced screens they are selling to Motorola. My point is it is not the major hit that some folks are trying to make it be. Apple is just one of many manufacturers that Samsungs component division sells to. Hell, Samsung has sold over 20,000,000 S3's since its release. They chew up a healthy part of their components themselves.
    As said before not saying apple makes there company but still losing that is still a hit. Big or small doesn't matter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12