+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Expands 4G LTE Network Coverage to Nine More Markets

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default AT&T Expands 4G Network Coverage to Nine More Markets

AT&T has announced that its 4G LTE network coverage has expanded to nine more locations throughout the United States today. 4G LTE support was finally included in an Apple device starting with the new iPad and it is also expected to come along with the iPhone 5 when Apple unveils it on September 12th.

The nine new locations that have adopted AT&T's 4G LTE network coverage are:
    • Anchorage, Alaska
    • Bakersfield, Calif.
    • Bridgeport, Conn.
    • Jacksonville, Fla.
    • Modesto, Calif.
    • North Montgomery County, Md.
    • Northern New Jersey
    • Syracuse, N.Y.
    • Omaha, Neb.

Not only has AT&T brought 4G LTE network coverage to these locations, but they also promise that their 4G LTE network coverage will double before 2012 is over. AT&T promises to do this by bringing 4G LTE network coverage to an additional 44 other locations including:
    • Albany, N.Y.
    • Albuquerque, N.M.
    • Allentown, Penn.
    • Birmingham, Ala.
    • Boise, Idaho
    • Charleston, S.C.
    • Cincinnati, Ohio
    • Columbia, S.C.
    • Columbus, Ohio
    • Detroit, Mich.
    • Denver-Boulder, Colo.
    • El Paso, Tex.
    • Fayetteville, N.C.
    • Ft. Myers, Fla.
    • Gary, Ind.
    • Grand Rapids, Mich.
    • Green Bay, Wis.
    • Harrisburg, Pa.
    • Hartford, Conn.
    • Hawaii
    • Knoxville, Tenn.
    • Lancaster, Pa.
    • Little Rock, Ark.
    • Louisville, Ken.
    • Milwaukee, Wis.
    • Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minn.
    • Memphis, Tenn.
    • Nashua, N.H.
    • New Haven, Conn.
    • Philadelphia, Penn.
    • Pittsburgh, Penn.
    • Portland, Ore.
    • Providence, R.I.
    • Reading, Pa.
    • Rochester, N.Y.
    • Sacramento, Calif.
    • Salinas-Seaside-Monterey, Calif.
    • Seattle, Wash.
    • Springfield, Mass.
    • Toledo, Ohio
    • Tucson, Ariz.
    • Tulsa, Okla.
    • Wilkes-Barre, Penn.
    • Wilmington, Del.

Even though AT&Tís 4G LTE network coverage isnít as impressive as Verizonís, the drive to make it better shows AT&Tís determination to offer customers with satisfaction of the product and the network necessary to keep up with increasingly demanding software and hardware as technology continues to evolve. One of the major selling points of smartphones today is blazing fast internet connections, so it's a good move for the company that will certainly attract customers from the listed locations.

In AT&Tís infographic piece, they boast 4G LTE coverage of 275 million people and state that the construction of their 4G LTE network will be mostly complete in 2013, which by then, AT&T's 4G LTE network coverage should cover anywhere that an AT&T signal can be reached.

Sources: AT&T via AppleInsider

Green Apple
    Thanks

Good thing Verizon already had 4G in Bakersfield CA.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Good thing Verizon had 4G LTE in San Luis Obispo California, AT&T doesn't even have it on thier list.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Same here. I'm not even on the list of upcoming

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

"Even though AT&T’s 4G LTE network coverage isn’t as impressive as Verizon’s"

That's being rather kind to AT&T ;-)

AT&T themselves said if the T-Mobile merger didn't go through, they wouldn't be able to compete in the LTE arena. Now it almost looks as if AT&T were telling the truth

Thanks

Looks like I'll have LTE by the end of the year. One of the few perks that comes with living in the armpit that is Birmingham.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    "Even though AT&T’s 4G LTE network coverage isn’t as impressive as Verizon’s"

That's being rather kind to AT&T ;-)

AT&T themselves said if the T-Mobile merger didn't go through, they wouldn't be able to compete in the LTE arena. Now it almost looks as if AT&T were telling the truth
    Since AT&T plans to have full LTE coverage by the end of next year, they should be just fine competing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Also note going to there website to check because I live in Duluth, GA and do not see it listed as well, but I received an email telling me my area is now covered and sure enough it is from looking at the map once I clicked the link in the email

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Plz.... we need some 4G here in Hawaii!!! & i hope its soon

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dometic View Post
    I'm glad bakersfield is in the list for at&t ! lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stylingsq01 View Post
    Plz.... we need some 4G here in Hawaii!!! & i hope its soon
    I would have thought Barack would have taken care of his own seeing how it's his alleged birth place and vacations there quite frequently.

Green Apple
    Thanks

man.. about time bakersfield......

Green Apple
    Thanks

Finally Little Rock?? Screw them. Too little, too late. I am going to Verizon after I see what Apple shows us next week. I may or may not even go with the new iPhone. Depends. Anyway, the faster speeds of 4G LTE won't help me from AT&T because as it stands right now, I have to pose in a certain position to even get a 3G signal above 3 bars. Verizons map shows they cover me with 4G LTE perfectly. AT&T's shows me as being between two areas where the signal is borderline. And this is in the CAPITOL of the state of Arkansas!! You'd think here they'd have decent 3G coverage everywhere, but no!

Thanks

Woot Seattle!
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Thanks

Hey steveken, do what I did, get a Verizon hotspot and make sure the signal works. You have 14 days to return it. Get an AT&T hotspot at the same time, they give you 30 days. Try them both and see what happens before iPhone 5 comes out, that way you will be an informed consumer and have all the info before you make a decision.

[...]
    Last edited by Orby; 09-07-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Leave the politics at the door.

Thanks

What good does this expansion do when AT&T caps their customers data? 2gb is a slap in the face to all customers, greedy corporate swine!!!!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pcuserforever View Post
    Hey steveken, do what I did, get a Verizon hotspot and make sure the signal works. You have 14 days to return it. Get an AT&T hotspot at the same time, they give you 30 days. Try them both and see what happens before iPhone 5 comes out, that way you will be an informed consumer and have all the info before you make a decision.
    They can't be any worse. Looking at street level views of both carriers, AT&T shows big blots of "Good" voice reception with "Best" around it. I'm sorry, but you can't just have small areas of "Good" inside all the "Best" when there are no big hills or anything around. Especially can't have "Best" in an area where you don't receive a strong, reliable, consistent signal. Verizon, on the other hand, at street level shows a solid, consistent signal all throughout my area. Not tiny areas of lesser quality anywhere. Now, I don't know if I can totally believe that because I don't know if they just got lazy and said "Well, this is where our signal SHOULD go. Let's just mark it here." or if they really have confirmed all the areas they have shaded, but after all the arrogant attitudes I have seen from AT&T lately, I am ready to end my over 10 year relationship with them. I just feel I am being shafted over quite a few things. It's time for a change. And I am pretty sure that they give all customers the same option of if you aren't satisfied within a short amount of time, you can return the product and cancel your plan with no fees. That's pretty much a standard among everyone now.

[...]

Quote Originally Posted by fatalcrixer View Post
    What good does this expansion do when AT&T caps their customers data? 2gb is a slap in the face to all customers, greedy corporate swine!!!!!!!
    Not sure where you have been, but ALL carriers do that except for Sprint. The only reason Sprint doesn't do it is because you have to be on a major highway or interstate before you will get a signal. There is little risk of people abusing their data on a network that few can actually get a signal from.
    Last edited by Orby; 09-07-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Leave the politics at the door.

Thanks

Verizon needs that 4G network to compete with AT&Ts 3G. Verizon never had fast 3G anyway. Now you can burn through your data faster. Yay!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow. Great news for a few. I'd be happy if I could make a phone call without having to stand in my driveway. AT&T is worthless for customer service. I've been waiting 3 years for ANY service that they claim should be Great!

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dometic View Post
    Yeop