+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone Clone Maker Files for Design Patent, Plans to Sue Apple

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default IPhone Clone Phone Maker Files for Design Patent, Plans to Sue Apple

While iPhone 5 mockups have already proliferated the Chinese counterfeit market, one the first working clones is actually attacking Apple with a patent suit.

That’s right, a company who is producing an iPhone 5 clone running Android OS is suing Apple over the design of the yet to be released iPhone 5. The company apparently patented the rumored design and released their “GooPhone.”

The report originated with Gizmodo China, and claims the company plans to sue Apple if their soon to be released iPhone 5 looks like their “GooPhone.” Their argument against Apple seems to be a simple “we did it first” claiming beating Apple to market means the patent is theirs.

While this case appears patently ridiculous (sorry for that) to the layman, Chinese courts are notoriously pro China no matter how insane the case. There is a very real possibility that Apple will be forced to pay an incredibly large sum of money in order to prevent their latest phone from being banned in China. Apple needs the Chinese markets and can’t afford to spend weeks toiling over a suit with a patent troll.

Source: CNET

iPhone? More like MyPhone runey71's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL That's priceless

Thanks

This is stupid

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well they did have their device out in the market first.... LOL

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

hahaha priceless
    Apple's secrecy means they can not patent a design before phone comes out + Apple's lawsuit against Samsung based on looks of the product and won inspired this lawsuit.
    All I can say now is karma's a b****.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to unison999 For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (09-06-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm going to say this before it starts. If you are somehow happy about this, and feel like this is "justice." Then you're life is pitiful and you are likely using your dislike for Apple (or any other company unreasonably) as a cover up for how your life never turned out the way you wanted it to.

Livin the iPhone Life Dark_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol I agree. So funny. Karma can be a down right horrid b*tch!

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

What the hell is wrong with China? Pro China, seriously? We don't give them **** in our courts, why the hell don't they return the favor?
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trek-life View Post
    I'm going to say this before it starts. If you are somehow happy about this, and feel like this is "justice." Then you're life is pitiful and you are likely using your dislike for Apple (or any other company unreasonably) as a cover up for how your life never turned out the way you wanted it to.
    Your name is Trek-Life. STFU This is funny

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

BTW Apple will win this case.
    Based on the fact that Foxconn is a company in China, they will throw their weight around. So will all the companies that makes parts for iDevices, they will join in this fight if it gets that far.
    Also the fact that all the previous released pictures of these parts showed that Apple came out with it first, it is documented by the date of the pictures. Basically all those "spy pictures" will save Apple from this lawsuit.

Green Apple
    Thanks

If Apple does end up getting sued, the whole world if going to look at the Chinese courts as a joke. No one in their right mind would believe this.

Besides, after looking at the chinese design, I'm pretty sure Apple could sue them. The buttons, camera placement, even the whole friggen outer body of this "GooPhone" is almost a replica of the iPhone 4 model. Only differences I see is the extended body of the device and the android icon on the back. I'm almost positive that Apple's lawyers could wipe these guys off the face of the earth.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    hahaha priceless
    Apple's secrecy means they can not patent a design before phone comes out + Apple's lawsuit against Samsung based on looks of the product and won inspired this lawsuit.
    All I can say now is karma's a b****.

How is karma a b**** in this situation ? Samsung was found to have blatantly copied parts of Apples intellectual process. Apple was award well over 1 billion in damages, and can potentially block Samsung products from entering the market. Samsung was at fault and Apple defended itself.

If you made an invention and someone copied it, you would sue right ?

Also learn something about patents and patent laws before commenting. This type of behavior would never work in an American court, and will not work in the Chinese court either

Thanks
    Thanked 8,049 Times in 1,692 Posts

I hope they lose it's time they ate some crow instead of bullying everyone.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,304 Times in 705 Posts

Ell then isn't apple gonna sue them for their goopphone looking like an iPhone 4s?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

But Apple did patented their iphone 4 and 4S design. This design also looks like iPhone 4 and 4S design. So Apple can use the iphone 4 and 4S patents to counter sue this goophone design. No matter how this chinese company flip it, it wont be good for them.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,304 Times in 705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by revblaze View Post
    If Apple does end up getting sued, the whole world if going to look at the Chinese courts as a joke. No one in their right mind would believe this.

Besides, after looking at the chinese design, I'm pretty sure Apple could sue them. The buttons, camera placement, even the whole friggen outer body of this "GooPhone" is almost a replica of the iPhone 4 model. Only differences I see is the extended body of the device and the android icon on the back. I'm almost positive that Apple's lawyers could wipe these guys off the face of the earth.
    Yes sir. Shut and close case

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Micturition View Post
    +1

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Micturition View Post
    +2 haha

Thanks

Its got round corners! Sue them apple sue sue sue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by revblaze View Post

Well thanks to apple the rest of the world thinks of the American courts as a joke, the American patent office is also widely regarded as a joke. There is a reason Apple won in the US and lost in most other countries, most coutries don't let you patent rectangles.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spazturtle For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (09-06-2012), loki3331 (09-06-2012)

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast