Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 Shortage Will Be 'Great' for Apple

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default iPhone 5 Shortage Will Be 'Great' for Apple

Since the first iPhone was introduced just over five years ago in the summer of 2007, Apple has been criticized by some for allegedly embracing product supply shortages to draw further media emphasis on huge demand failing to meet available supplies.

Regardless of the legitimate or contrived causes for supply shortages in the past, the expected limited inventory of Apple's next iPhone 5 could be a big help to shares of Apple over the long haul.

According to leading Wall Street analyst Rob Cihra, AAPL stock has recently performed 2.2 times better in quarters where iPhone supply was under stress. The leading analyst at Evercore Partners says this reality has been documented for the last three years.

The stock also performed 1.2 times better when the company’s management said the iPad was constrained. Incredibly, when both the iPhone and iPad were noted as constrained by Apple executives in the June 2010 quarter, the company’s stock price grew 26 percent over the next three months.
    Proving his point, Cihra asserts that in October of 2011, when supplies of iDevices were largely plentiful, shares of Apple were flat.

Source: Wall Street Cheat Sheet

Well guess everyone should get there preorder finger ready lmao

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

I love how like the richest company in the world cannot stock enough iPhone 5 for the launch and supporting weeks.. Yeahh rightt, thats crazy.

People want what the can't have and Apple knows that. My iPhone 4 took a swim and is starting to give me problems. So I will be preordering one for me and one to replace my wife's iPhone 3GS. There is something elitist about having something first while others are waiting. I know that it is dumb and crazy...

Thanks

I always compare it to a long line at "the popular club" There is plenty of room inside for all, yet the line is an illusion as to what is going on inside and who is in there. Same with the iPhone..mysticism mixed with quality software is what sells it. Not knowing draws big crowds..just ask P.T. Barnum "there is a sucker born every minute" in this case..millions hahaha..hold on..hahahahahaha!

The ones who will profit the most are the ones who are able to get some of the first lot of these new phones and then sell them for 3 or 4 times the price on eBay or CL, to other who want to be first but couldn't get in, and are willing to pay a massive premium.

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptum View Post
    People want what the can't have and Apple knows that. My iPhone 4 took a swim and is starting to give me problems. So I will be preordering one for me and one to replace my wife's iPhone 3GS. There is something elitist about having something first while others are waiting. I know that it is dumb and crazy...
    that's not dumb or crazy, it is a natural human response, one I don't feel in this particular situation, but status is important to many people. THis is one reason apple sells so well (one of thousands). But none the less, people do want what they can't have.

That's why I'm getting five of them. Keep one, sell the rest at sickening profits and then charge like 50 dollars shipping. I'll sell my preorders now for 1500 each.

Another of Apple's Marketing Strategies on mind conditioning and to further boost their sales hehehehehehehehe.......

iPhone? More like MyPhone GooseG's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    I love how like the richest company in the world cannot stock enough iPhone 5 for the launch and supporting weeks.. Yeahh rightt, thats crazy.
    It's not about how rich they are. The suppliers just can't produce enough. That's a lot of iPhones.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadw3 View Post
    That's why I'm getting five of them. Keep one, sell the rest at sickening profits and then charge like 50 dollars shipping. I'll sell my preorders now for 1500 each.
    Can only order 2 per person. Apple has strict rules on it.

Yall have fun on first launch(full of bugs) iphones I'm waiting for the next one 5x or whatever with all the knks worked out lol. I still run a iBook G4 technology is too expensive to have to have the newest and fastest! Just give me what works and does what I need done lol

The thing is the local best buy had always had an adequate supply of iPhones. I bought the wife an iPhone 4S three days after they hit the stores. Went in and they had a cabinet full of them.

Get that pre order finger is right. The people that order it a 3am like last time are going to make a killing for the first couple of weeks on eBay.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Saved0ne's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Well guess everyone should get there preorder finger ready lmao
    lol i agree...