+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 May Cost Android, BlackBerry Dearly

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ferris419 then get an android ....i have had many android devices and every single device worked great for about a year and gradually got slower and slower
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ferris419 View Post
    then get an android ....i have had many android devices and every single device worked great for about a year and gradually got slower and slower and from day one always forced closed apps on me ..... this iphone 4 is the first iphone ive owned and its still working like day 1 and has never forced closed an app on me ... so go ahead and buy your android phone and do all the things an iphone wont do without a jailbreak.....
    I do have an Android after I switched from my iPhone 4. Got tired of having to jailbreak it or have to wait for a jailbreak to update my phone. And I don't have problems with my Android slowing down or my OS being "SH*T". iOS isn't perfect either.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tongxinshe View Post
    That's right, iPhone release is no longer that exciting to everyone, since there are more and more really competitive products released every month. However, iPhone 5 will still sell better than iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. That's called "Inertia".
    I am not so sure about that. Wasn't there talk about suppliers can not supply enough LCD screens to Apple for this initial launch? The initial release will not be as much as the 4 or the 4S. With competitors releasing their new versions soon after iPhone 5, the later sales would be hurt by competition.
    We will see how the numbers stack up. The sales number might be fine for small companies, but for Apple it might not be that great.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Jesus please shut up you don't know what's going to be on the iPhone quit acting like you do..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yea it will only effect them until they release their new models.

I hate when people say "this phone" is better than "that phone". "This phone" came out 6 months after "that phone" did, so I'd hope it was better.

Samsung can't wait to see the iPhone 5 though. They need specs so they can design their version.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

How bout I keep my totally tweakeout Iphone 4S. Have apple unlock it and watch the value of it shoot through the roof like my apple stock. I refuse to wait for what I already have, which in my eyes one of the best mobile phones ever made.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

please don't hate me for saying this but I really hope the iphone 5 crashes and burns. I hate Apple's 'our sheep will buy whatever crap we put out there' stance and attitude. Their elongate iphone 5 can go to hell. The only and I mean ONLY reason I'm not switching to GS3 is because of jailbreak and all the apps available.

google should do whatever it takes to match the amount of apps available for IOS and price them even more competitively like .89 or something....that way it would give people even more incentive to make the switch.
    Last edited by swifty7; 09-05-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Android market share has been steadily increasing while iOS market share is the one suffering. I don't see this new iPhone changing that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    for a month or two, then all the Android phone makers and Blackberry will come out with their latest and greatest to get it back.
    I see so many people who is switching to S3 right now, don't even bother to wait for the new iPhone. Don't bother to wait because there is nothing really new coming, just different look but basically function and feel the same.
    You got that right. But there is nothing really new about the S3 either. Just Bigger....

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The ONLY thing that would make be buy another iPhone is a 16:10, 5.3" screen (same size and ratio as the Galaxy Note-1).

Now that Android is a competitive platform, screensize is the only meaningful differentiator left.
    Heads up, Apple!

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eyepoper View Post
    No as you just said.. the Sll & Slll & Sl ..neither have majjor updates.. other tha Hardware.. so you have no point of telling people what to wait for or not...
    Having the NFC, AMOLED or whatever tech on your phone but if your OS is a sh*t... the phone will remain a sh*t..
    Android is the stupiest OS ever seen. By the look of its GUI, the way everyone can go in and develop something and with no rules... Apps being submitted without checking for Trash/ Bugs/ Hacks/ Malware etc.....An OS that is everywhere even in the CHEEPEST phone from $1 in CHINA..

Where is the respect for your OS ? Spreading an OS like its a B*tch... Being everywhere doesnt meen your good and performing good. You need to respect your self..they need to stop spreading Android to what ever device they find.. make the think a Great OS...Thats why ist so Buggy and Malware vurilnable
    You have obviously never used an android phone nor heard of project jelly bean.

Banned
    Thanks

I just read a story on another site saying "Samsung Galaxy S3 just sold 20 million in its first 100 days and still selling strong"
    So I doubt the launch of the iPhone 5 will impact sales of the GS3 at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    The ONLY thing that would make be buy another iPhone is a 16:10, 5.3" screen (same size and ratio as the Galaxy Note-1).

Now that Android is a competitive platform, screensize is the only meaningful differentiator left.
    Heads up, Apple!
    And the operating system, screen, battery life, physical looks of the phone, ease of use, number of apps...

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptum View Post
    And the operating system, screen, battery life, physical looks of the phone, ease of use, number of apps...
    OS-no
    Screen- no because everything is hd
    Ease of use - no
    Number of apps- no (90% of them are crap)
    Physical look- maybe

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I just read a story on another site saying "Samsung Galaxy S3 just sold 20 million in its first 100 days and still selling strong"
    So I doubt the launch of the iPhone 5 will impact sales of the GS3 at all.
    This seems right, lots of people in the company I work for is switching over to S3.
    The ones I told to switch have nothing but great thing to say about S3, helped convince quite a few more people to switch.
    This company was almost exclusively iPhone users, now Android dominates the office.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eyepoper View Post
    No as you just said.. the Sll & Slll & Sl ..neither have majjor updates.. other tha Hardware.. so you have no point of telling people what to wait for or not...
    Having the NFC, AMOLED or whatever tech on your phone but if your OS is a sh*t... the phone will remain a sh*t..
    Android is the stupiest OS ever seen. By the look of its GUI, the way everyone can go in and develop something and with no rules... Apps being submitted without checking for Trash/ Bugs/ Hacks/ Malware etc.....An OS that is everywhere even in the CHEEPEST phone from $1 in CHINA..

Where is the respect for your OS ? Spreading an OS like its a B*tch... Being everywhere doesnt meen your good and performing good. You need to respect your self..they need to stop spreading Android to what ever device they find.. make the think a Great OS...Thats why ist so Buggy and Malware vurilnable
    I nominate this as the dumbest post ever on mmi.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    for a month or two, then all the Android phone makers and Blackberry will come out with their latest and greatest to get it back.
    I see so many people who is switching to S3 right now, don't even bother to wait for the new iPhone. Don't bother to wait because there is nothing really new coming, just different look but basically function and feel the same.
    Just switched to an S3 this weekend and can seriously say I don't miss the iPhone at all. Long gone are my days of waiting months for a jailbreak to do things that this phone can do out of the box.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DampDesigns View Post
    Is no one else as excited about the new Lumia 920 as me? That thing is slick. Wireless charging, HD display, LTE, NFC, Windows Phone 8, and pureview camera. That thing is loaded.
    I'd be excited had I not been completely pooped on with the Nokia Lumia 900. It's been out half a year and is end of life. It's not even getting wp8. That's pitiful. Yeah, yeah. This is MS doing, but I don't care who is to blame. That phone should never have been released. Glad I returned it.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12