+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FBI Responds to Antisec Leaking Over One Million Apple UDIDs

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Earlier today, ModMyi reported that a group of hackers known as Antisec had leaked to the public over one million out of twelve million stolen UDIDs that were supposedly taken
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default FBI Responds to Antisec Leaking Over One Million Apple UDIDs

Earlier today, ModMyi reported that a group of hackers known as Antisec had leaked to the public over one million out of twelve million stolen UDIDs that were supposedly taken from an FBI agent’s own compromised laptop computer using a Java vulnerability. The epic leak of personal information was of large-scale and has many people worried about their security.

In turn, the FBI has personally responded to the catastrophe, stating that they are aware of what has happened, but deny that the information was stolen from that of an FBI agent’s computer. Predictably so, the FBI has denied the involvement with the UDIDs. The FBI is notorious for keeping secrets of their own to complete their own undercover business, so credibility might be far from earned in their statement:

Quote Originally Posted by FBI Spokeswoman
    The FBI is aware of published reports alleging that an FBI laptop was compromised and private data regarding Apple UDIDs was exposed. At this time there is no evidence indicating that an FBI laptop was compromised or that the FBI either sought or obtained this data.
    Notably humorous and somewhat sketchy in their response is that they have no evidence “at this point in time” that the computer with the stolen information was from that of an FBI agent, but that open-ended statement leaves wiggle room for them to amend the statement later on when the truth is finally revealed. People still wish to know why there was potentially an FBI agent running around with over twelve million UDIDs on his laptop computer. Even more interestingly, if it was not an FBI agent, where did some other average Joe get this information from?

The hacker group continues to stir up trouble both on Twitter and from wherever else they can, saying that they still have several more files (over 3 terabytes) to unravel. Brace yourself for another possible smack in the face from Antisec.

Sources: AllThingsD
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 09-04-2012 at 08:27 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't want to be the first to say what I'm thinking.... lets see who's going take my words out of my mouth.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

Geez!! If the FBI did have those files... Why??

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Thanks

Conspiracy....

Banned
    Thanks

Of course the FBI will LIE. Thats what they do.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Of course the FBI will LIE. Thats what they do.
    Exactly. And go Antisect for showing that the FBI isn't at all what it's cracked up to be! But bad Antisect for leaking personal info.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So some agent had an over 3 Terabyte laptop and also a super massive upload speed while the hacker had a super massive download speed so they could download 3TB worth of data without the agent-agency knowing at the time.

Hmmm makes you think...

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pakitos View Post
    So some agent had an over 3 Terabyte laptop and also a super massive upload speed while the hacker had a super massive download speed so they could download 3TB worth of data without the agent-agency knowing at the time.

Hmmm makes you think...
    I think they were talking about 3TB of unrelated information not from the FBI laptop.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I say leak more information. And leak the source. i think leaking 3mil more will get them. An i want to know what apple has to say about this, and if they are involved in any way. And the timing of this leak!!! Sketchy, right after Apple officially announces release date? Maybe a plot to kill the iphone sales? Maybe Samsung? Or maybe its the fact that im high off ganja. But ****.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How would I be able to tell if my UDID was leaked? And what security problems does this pose?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MacProClub View Post
    How would I be able to tell if my UDID was leaked? And what security problems does this pose?
    Read this and there is a search for you UDID: Check If Your Apple Device Has Been Compromised by the AntiSec Leak Also has a tut to teach you to find your UDID if you dont know how!...

Also as to your second question as to what security problems does this pose read this: Why You Shouldn't Freak Out If Hackers Leaked Your Apple Device ID

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So according to the FBI, these hackers simply pulled all these UDIDs out of their butts? Okaaaay......

Hurry before it's gone, prime beech front property for sale in Montana. No checks, cash only.

Thanks

The user "Anonymous" didn't post anything on here hmm.

Green Apple
    Thanks

other than see who purchase the iDevice, what other info is giving with the udid?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
    The user "Anonymous" didn't post anything on here hmm.
    Because he's fake and thinks he's cool for having his username Anonymous and better yet he has a picture of Anonymous to make you think he's part of it

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone can be a part of anonymous because we all are anonymous.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_Illusions_xX View Post
    Because he's fake and thinks he's cool for having his username Anonymous and better yet he has a picture of Anonymous to make you think he's part of it
    Way to kill a joke and be a jerk.

I think he is cool.

Thanks
    I doubt this will have any direct unpleasant consequences for the end iPhone user.

Thanks

I find it a little strange that people think this is cool or even worse "freedom fighting." Rights movements have gone completely downhill these days.

Thanks

WOW! Should we all run and hide? What can you actually do with this info? As usual our government police are denying any issue haha!