+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 Mockups Already Flooding Chinese Counterfeit Market

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The Chinese counterfeit market moves fast, so fast in fact they already have iPhone 5’s for sale. Sadly, the Chinese counterfeiters forgot to include things like batteries, processors, and other
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 5 Mockups Already Flooding Chinese Counterfeit Market

The Chinese counterfeit market moves fast, so fast in fact they already have iPhone 5’s for sale.

Sadly, the Chinese counterfeiters forgot to include things like batteries, processors, and other basic phone components in the iPhone 5 mockups currently being sold for $5. With little left to the imagination the manufacturers apparently are cornering the iPhone 5 novelty market on Taobao which is a Chinese cross between Ebay and Amazon. The quality appears surprisingly impressive, and their are multiple color-ways not traditionally offerred by Apple available.

The purpose of these non-functioning soulless iPhone 5 shells isn’t quite clear, but accessory manufacturers anxious to get a head start on developing iPhone 5 cases might find them useful. Or perhaps gas station owners and flea-market junk-peddlers will make key-chains or weigh them down and make paperweights.

Unless every leak has been wrong and Apple is actively trying to prevent anyone from knowing what the iPhone 5 will look-like through some elaborate global subterfuge, the iPhone 5’s design is already known. But, for those who want to see and feel what the device is like in the palm of their hand $5 isn’t a steep price to pay.

Heck, you’ll probably be able to prank everyone you know into thinking you have an actual iPhone 5.

Source: Gizmodo, MIC Gadget

iPhone? More like MyPhone ferris419's Avatar
    Thanks

Lmao it's gonna be funny when this isn't even what the iPhone "5" looks like

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ferris419 View Post
    LMAO! I was thinking the same thing.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tha1youshouldfear View Post
    LMAO! I was thinking the same thing.
    We all were! Haha

Thanks

I wish I live china I could get an iPhone -.- hahaha sike.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I really hope you are right, that thing is ugly
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

Two tone is ugly.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Two tone is ugly.

I hope the iPhone does actually look like the pics we've been seeing for awhile now so I can do this to all of you
    Last edited by blkcadi; 09-03-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Two tone is ugly.
    not always.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 09-03-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Thanks

Yeah I agree with jimmy but mockups always look like crap so I'm sure it's going to be much more polished.

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    So is your mother.

I hope the iPhone does actually look like the pics we've been seeing for awhile now so I can do this to all of you

Really ..?

Thanks

Think this time around im going to go with an S3. Ive had every iPhone that has been released but, after seeing all the pics of the new phone really it disappoint me. I feel like apple is trying to play catch up with Android powered phones. Dont get me wrong i love Apple products. I have an iphone, iMac and the new iPad as well but i wouldnt mind trying out the S3. Im going to hold off until the 12th and see if that truly is the phone then ill make my decision. iOS 6 isnt that impressive over iOS 5. Should have been iOS 5.5. Most of the features we can already get with the jb except for 3d maps, passbook and a few minor things. I got to use an S3 this weekend and i was very impressed. Pretty smooth OS, loved the widgets and the tons of customization you can do. However, i didnt like the cheap plastic back cover, phone isnt as bright as the iphone(brightness wise), not too fund of the icons and the camera quality isnt superb. Other than that, its a great phone. We'll see what Tim Cook has for us in 9 days!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,838 Times in 876 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    Think this time around im going to go with an S3. Ive had every iPhone that has been released but, after seeing all the pics of the new phone really it disappoint me. I feel like apple is trying to play catch up with Android powered phones. Dont get me wrong i love Apple products. I have an iphone, iMac and the new iPad as well but i wouldnt mind trying out the S3. Im going to hold off until the 12th and see if that truly is the phone then ill make my decision. iOS 6 isnt that impressive over iOS 5. Should have been iOS 5.5. Most of the features we can already get with the jb except for 3d maps, passbook and a few minor things. I got to use an S3 this weekend and i was very impressed. Pretty smooth OS, loved the widgets and the tons of customization you can do. However, i didnt like the cheap plastic back cover, phone isnt as bright as the iphone(brightness wise), not too fund of the icons and the camera quality isnt superb. Other than that, its a great phone. We'll see what Tim Cook has for us in 9 days!
    Tried out a galaxy s3 for 2 weeks after feeling the same way about the rumored new design. I've sense traded it back for an iPhone. You don't realize how awesome iOS is till its gone and your phone doesn't communicate with your other apple products that well

iPhone? More like MyPhone itsjustlenny's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Tried out a galaxy s3 for 2 weeks after feeling the same way about the rumored new design. I've sense traded it back for an iPhone. You don't realize how awesome iOS is till its gone and your phone doesn't communicate with your other apple products that well
    This is the dilemma I'm having. I have iPad iMac and iPhone. But I'm bored of the iPhone and waiting to see what they come up with in a couple of weeks. If I'm not too impressed I wanted to try out the s3. But I love how photo stream works with my iMac. Decisions decisions.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustlenny View Post
    This is the dilemma I'm having. I have iPad iMac and iPhone. But I'm bored of the iPhone and waiting to see what they come up with in a couple of weeks. If I'm not too impressed I wanted to try out the s3. But I love how photo stream works with my iMac. Decisions decisions.
    I have an iPhone 4S and a galaxy SIII, I use my 4S everyday since Ivr had it. While my sIII sits in its box, I personally don't think the SIII is that nice, just my opinion though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

Exactly!!! They don't even know for a fact that September 12th is the day it will be announced... Apple has said absolutely NOTHING!!! lol

Yup! That's the reason why I'm gonna stick with Apple...

Thanks

My guess:

there no new "iPhone" coming.
    No new "iPad" or "iPod" either.

Tim Cook will sit on the sidelines, while a hologram takes center stage
    and Steve Jobs announces the iBlobTV - a comprehensive personal entertainment and communication system.

Critics will complain that the iBlob requires you to stay immobile (defeating the point of most of the old products) but Steve's unassailable logic will convince most people to buy in anyway. The argument that Steve Jobs is dead, and his hologram is powerless.... well, you try arguing with him!

Esp. since iOS 6.0 will only run on the iBlob, forcing everyone to upgrade...

Thanks

What is really going to be funny is if it is Apple who's actually behind that. Ha!

Think about it: it's an even better stunt than the oops-lost-iPhone-prototype-in-a-bar. AND at $5 a piece, it is a very nice revenue for a single dose of K-Jelly. This is Operation iFinger.

That would be just brilliant! Stranger things have happened…
    One’s never alone with a rubber duck.

Thanks

well i see what your saying and i feel the same way but i want to have something different this time around. I mean if i get rid of my iPhone i will still have my iPad running iOS 6. Ill also have my iMac. One thing i would miss is the easy syncing of music, podcasts etc with all devices if i end up ditching the new iphone. Only time will tell when i see it on the 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    I have an iPhone 4S and a galaxy SIII, I use my 4S everyday since Ivr had it. While my sIII sits in its box, I personally don't think the SIII is that nice, just my opinion though.
    I agree with your statement on the cheap plastic back cover. Other than that the phone is pretty good.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    That's 100% Total BS. iPhone or not, if you own a s3 then you can appreciate it's technology and smart features. if you still have that s3 I'll buy it from you right now. I ain't even playing.