Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redesigned Headphones to Ship With Every Next-gen iPhone?

Default Redesigned Headphones to Ship With Every Next-gen iPhone?

Everyone has been uneasy about the next generation iPhone, expecting nothing other than a completely redesigned iPhone case with new hardware. Everyone may get that wish, but also a little more than he or she had in mind.

So far we can expect to see a redesigned next generation iPhone and a redesigned 8-9 pin sync-cable, but a new video has surfaced today on the Vietnamese news site Tinhte.vn that appears to show a pair of redesigned Apple headphones. If these are the real deal, it is likely that they will be shipping with each next-generation iPhone unit instead of the headphones that we've gotten used to for over five years, which are both despised and enjoyed by many people everywhere.

These redesigned headphones appear to have a much more closed case than the previous headphones and a strange forward-shooting design with holes in front apart from the small opening that would be placed into the ear for sound. The previous headphones were literally just an open circle speaker that was placed into the ear without any strange design. Below is a side-by-side comparison picture by the same Web site with the discovery, followed by Apple's signature that says "assembled in Vietnam" instead of the common 'assembled in China' that we see on most of Apple's products.

Taking a moment to let the design of these headphones sink in, they look too good to be any mock-up. The machined build quality of the plastic and rubber, the color and font of the label on the wire, and what appears to be a perfect color match of the plastic all add up to show what appears to be a legitimate design by Apple.

Apple’s headphones definitely have a record of below-par sound quality compared to some popular aftermarket headphones, however it’s likely that this rumored redesign will not only look different, but also perform different. Apple currently offers two kinds of headphones – the normal kind you get with every iOS device and a higher quality in-ear version. Perhaps this redesign helps combine the two to bring the best of both worlds.

With Apple having such a large footprint in the music industry with iTunes, it would only make sense for them to invest a little research in better sound quality for their top-of-the-line products, right? Check out the full video by Tinhte.vn below:

Sources: Tinhte.vn via MacRumors

Wow, good thing we all own better headphones then apple gives out, these will go right back in the box and sit there.

I'm normally into the stock headphones, but these yeesh!
    I'm curious how they work if they work well everyone can send them to me!

I'm quite attached to my in the ear headphones.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,194 Times in 6,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iRockADI View Post
    Mmmm, like it!
    Me too, make sense. Totally redesigned iPhone, new dock connector, new headphone jack placement, why not new headphones. Nice.

Thanks

^^I still have 2 or 3 pair(brand new) from iPhone and iTouch purchases haha!

Maybe now the stock Apple headphones will do more than gather dust.

Ever stop and wonder why people are so into headphones these days?(Skullcandy, beats, etc.) Its because iPods are so popular. And while they are extremely popular, they come incomplete and everyone knows it. Apples headphones are easily surpassed in sound quality and durability by almost any 'ol pair of $20 earbuds.

It's about time they wizened up and stopped printing money for their competitors. If true, this is a good move. Long overdue, but still. A good move.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Agree with y'all everything new bring it on apple. And I got a draw full of them headphones lol.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Totally redesigned iPhone.
    HAHAHAHA!! That made me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    ^^I still have 2 or 3 pair(brand new) from iPhone and iTouch purchases haha!
    Wanna send me a pair? With mic?

I can't stand the current stock headphones I only deal with them for the voice technology. I hope they redesign them..

Btw guys if these are the next gen quit judging it by its cover apple will obviously make it quality., it's not just luck that they own A hugemarket

Thank god for my Sennheisers and Shure headphones. I guess I'll continue to give brand new Apple earphones to friends.

Yet another ugly design by crapple. They are falling apart without Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    HAHAHAHA!! That made me laugh
    It made me laugh too
    Last edited by PokemonDesigner; 09-02-2012 at 01:46 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I love the stock headphones. But they break easily, and I'm too dirty of a boy to have white headphones, they get dirty fast.

Am I the only one who loves the apple ear buds? I really hate the in-ear ones because it transfer any noise from the cables and my own breathing! Plus, I've found the ear buds sound better then other buds on the market. Nothing beats the in-ear sound but I don't like the feeling of plugged ears all the time.

They look like mini hair-dryers...Looks like the most redesigned part we will see with the new iPhone, the bloody headphones????

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

I wanted to see him try putting them into his ears, I don't quite get how they fit/feel. I guess we'll have to wait and see

If they don't occlude the ear canal they are not going to have very good bass. Why not just include the in ear phones that they sell for $79 dollars. Can't cost apple more then 10 bucks a set to mass produce those and they sound a way better then the ones they have now. The Galaxy 3 comes with headphones that are the equivalent to the 79 dollar ones Apples sells and they sound pretty damn good. If they can do it, why not Apple.

FYI: these are earphones, not headphones.

An i the only one concerned with the fact that VIETNAM is the new manufacturer? The only worse country they could have chosen is N Korea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast