+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Adds Samsung Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note, and Others to Injunction Request

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Adds Samsung Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note, and Others to Injunction Request

Apple recently added the Samsung Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet, and the Galaxy S II in its various forms to complaint filed against Samsung in February.

The February case is separate from Apple’s recent victory in another case which resulted in a jury awarding Apple $1.05 billion in damages from Samsung. However, the February case has resulted in a ban on the sale of the Galaxy Nexus phones in the U.S., but that injunction is currently pending appeal. The amended complaint, filed Friday, is seeking a similar ban against the sale of the Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note Tablet, and the Galaxy S II phones.

Speculation regarding Apple’s intentions toward Samsung’s flagship phone the Galaxy S III has run rampant since the conclusion of Apple v. Samsung earlier this month. The inclusion of the Galaxy S III as well as the other devices make it obvious Apple’s intends to go for the jugular, attempting to cut off sales of Samsung’s most popular smartphone.

However, the threat of a ban on Samsung’s popular device have apparently had an adverse effect, at least in Apple’s eyes, as the Galaxy S III is apparently flying off shelves. A U.S. survey conducted by Global Equities Research found that retailers like Costco, as well as T-Mobile and AT&T stores reported selling out of the device at more than one location.

Source: PC World

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

WOOW SERIOUSLY

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Good luck apple, the judge won't even hear your case until december by then the appeal by Samsung will be overturned and all will be right.

Green Apple
    Thanks

First, I am not a fanboy, I am a tech geek. I chose Apple because of the jailbreak and huge app store. With that said Apple should just let Samsung do their thing. Apple also needs to evolve faster to keep up, not punish their competition for doing so. Stopping Samsung with legality will only bite Apple in the long run. This whole thing is starting to put a bad taste in my mouth regarding Apple, that said, I will still use Apple devices because of what they offer ME.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeliPilot For This Useful Post:

Breezer23 (09-03-2012), znbl (09-02-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Of course they did. I mean look how good the s3 is selling.

Thanks

and yet still no NFC being utilized natively, no real 4G speeds etc. Would like to see all companies focus more on innovation and less on court cases. These battles are not bringing better tech..they are taking away from it. MS has taken the time to focus on innovation as with the Surface that is coming out soon. No i won't buy one but it was nice to see a company bring something new/different to the tablet world(MS has not been sidetracked with court cases) I just don't see how you can sue someone over a basic design. What else are these tablets and phone supposed to look like?? haha..I mean there will always be a leader and there will always be a follower..guess the follower should ask permission or pay the leader before hand? Guess so..haha.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

all this fighting, makes us consumer suffer. its all about business... if iPhone 5 doesnt satisfy me then im going for SIII.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HeliPilot View Post
    First, I am not a fanboy, I am a tech geek. I chose Apple because of the jailbreak and huge app store. With that said Apple should just let Samsung do their thing. Apple also needs to evolve faster to keep up, not punish their competition for doing so. Stopping Samsung with legality will only bite Apple in the long run. This whole thing is starting to put a bad taste in my mouth regarding Apple, that said, I will still use Apple devices because of what they offer ME.
    hmmm, interesting... Well said..

H

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HeliPilot View Post
    1+

Thanks

Bull. Will seriously be shopping around for something non apple. So tired of these biz practices

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Apple is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoUniversity View Post
    Of course they did. I mean look how good the s3 is selling.
    If you spent every walking minute developing testing then selling the greatest widget the world has ever known and then Walmart decided to copy your idea change it just. A bit then throw there name on it and sell it as there's you would be mad as hell to. And well within your right to ask for sales to stop and to be compensated for your Loss.
    How old are you people that think theft of concept design and operation is alright?

iPhone? More like MyPhone itsjustlenny's Avatar
    Thanks

All of you guys seem to forget that apple is damned to let history repeat itself. Remember when a little unknown guy bill gates wanted to just innocently "copy" apple. And how this "copying" of bill gates almost bankrupted apple?? Apple doesn't want this to happen again so they take every single precaution for this never to happen again. It has nothing to do with the money. It's about principle. Anyone can make a copy of the iPhone and sell it as their phone. But can you make something original and sell it as well as the iPhone did? That's the question to be answered.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Usually I side apple but seriously... Samsung has finally made an actual product I call competition before when apple was suing them I could care less because the products they were taking off the line were nobodies.. Samsung deserved to get a lesson and they have this however is crossing the line and I know for a fact it won't go through. If apple only got less than half they asked for on a previous case they will just deny the lawsuit.

Oh and another thing if this does go through it will have been well past the gs3's prime time. And Samsung will of course have released another 100 phones

Thanks

[QUOTE=look, first of all I am never an idiot, I only know from what I hear and see, ( a realist), sorry to offend anyone but the name calling from afar? Nah, I don't do that, keep that to yourself. It's funny how people take sides on a products that don't give a flying fock about us. With that said look at my avatar, HAL 9000 I'm going back into my HAL mode. "Hal speaking,"sorry Dave, I can't do that"enough of this humanoid shyt,people arguing over electronic devices,and the friggin thing is preparing itself to kill us all! "sky net ". Well enough of this crap, " I'm out.
    Last edited by Kenn@rd.; 09-03-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imnew2hu View Post
    If you spent every walking minute developing testing then selling the greatest widget the world has ever known and then Walmart decided to copy your idea change it just. A bit then throw there name on it and sell it as there's you would be mad as hell to. And well within your right to ask for sales to stop and to be compensated for your Loss.
    How old are you people that think theft of concept design and operation is alright?
    get out of the cave you need sunlight badly! Your way way of thinking is just like Apple. MONOPOLY

Green Apple
    Thanks

What about the car? Someone developed it, studied it, designed it..... Etc.
    What about the cell phone? They all look alike, should companies all sue one each other?
    What about laptops, they all look alike by 95%, why did Apple not sue Asus? This one i agree looks 99% like the macbook air, but the difference is that Asus is not real threat to Apple, but Samsung is! Samsung may use apple ideas but they inovate:

Please see video here from steve jobs in regards to his view on samsung stealing great ideas

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0DUg63lqU

The you have the response on where Apple ideas come from!

iPhone? More like MyPhone kyphur's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustlenny View Post
    Remember when a little unknown guy bill gates wanted to just innocently "copy" apple. And how this "copying" of bill gates almost bankrupted apple?
    Wow, that's incredible revisionist history...

MS-DOS was what lined Bill Gates pockets and built the Microsoft empire. To say that Gates copied Apple and almost ost killed them in the 90s in cearly innaccurate.

Both Windows and Mac OS have thier roots in PARC and the GUI Xerox developed there more than a decade before either was released. The move from text to graphical UI was just the natural progression needed for PCs (of any brand) to get the acceptance the currently have.

What nearly killed Apple was that Windows was built for open architecture while Apple insisted on running only closed architecture. How lonq was it before you could buy 3rd party hardware for you Apple computer? Sadly Apple seems to be returning to this model as the new MacBookPro models apparently have the memory and harddrives soldered in!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to kyphur For This Useful Post:

znbl (09-02-2012)

Thanks

Already looking at the S3 for my Nov update.

Apple bores me after 5 years.

Thanks

+1

Livin the iPhone Life Dark_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok I have said this many times here lately but it's not sinking in. Do you people who think apple invented everything and innovated everything have a clue about how apple actually operates? Of course you DON'T!

They like to steal others ideas, patent them, claim as their own, and sue anyone who is a threat to their MONEY! Apple is all about idea theft, if u think I'm wrong then by all means GOOGLE it . You fannies are so freakin blind, I feel bad for u. It's not that ur stupid, just ignorant.

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark_Ninja For This Useful Post:

znbl (09-02-2012)