Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Adds Samsung Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note, and Others to Injunction Request

Quote Originally Posted by imnew2hu View Post
    If you spent every walking minute developing testing then selling the greatest widget the world has ever known and then Walmart decided to copy your idea change it just. A bit then throw there name on it and sell it as there's you would be mad as hell to. And well within your right to ask for sales to stop and to be compensated for your Loss.
    How old are you people that think theft of concept design and operation is alright?
    You mean like the "pull down notification screen" apple added in ios 5
    Last time I checked android had that feature for years

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jj2345 For This Useful Post:

NegativeBeef (09-02-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    You mean like the "pull down notification screen" apple added in ios 5
    Last time I checked android had that feature for years
    Along with custom ringtones and SMS/mms tones. How long did google have those before apple? Oh that's right, YEARS!

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark_Ninja For This Useful Post:

NegativeBeef (09-02-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by HomieG35 View Post
    Already looking at the S3 for my Nov update.

Apple bores me after 5 years.

Same here, not a knock on the iPhone. Have owned all but 4s. Just needed to try something else. Have had the Galaxy S3 for a month now and am still blown away. You will be very happy. Just give yourself a week to get used to the new UI. Android has apps that you have to jailbreak the iPhone to do. So many things can be done with this phone. With that being said we are getting iPad 3's at work next month and I'm am excited about that just as much. So not really bored with Apple completely, just the phones for now.

Quote Originally Posted by 1shuttle1 View Post
    Same here, not a knock on the iPhone. Have owned all but 4s. Just needed to try something else. Have had the Galaxy S3 for a month now and am still blown away. You will be very happy. Just give yourself a week to get used to the new UI. Android has apps that you have to jailbreak the iPhone to do. So many things can be done with this phone. With that being said we are getting iPad 3's at work next month and I'm am excited about that just as much. So not really bored with Apple completely, just the phones for now.

I have to totally agree . After having iphone every year up to the 4s... I decided to get an S3 and its pretty nice to be able to do what you want to your phone without having to jump through the jailbreak hoop.

If you spent every walking minute developing testing then selling the greatest widget the world has ever known
    Since none of that applies to Apple the rest of your post is completely irrelevant and off topic.

Thanks
    Why can't people understand that Apple and Samsung are businesses. Everybody argues about stealing this and that but nobody stops to think that what they are doing is exactly what companies do. They steal and undermine each other at every turn.

Quote Originally Posted by ceris7356 View Post
    Why can't people understand that Apple and Samsung are businesses. Everybody argues about stealing this and that but nobody stops to think that what they are doing is exactly what companies do. They steal and undermine each other at every turn.
    well all this time I have never heard anyone say " made/ make modifications to an existing product", you know, people/ companies do that, manufacturing,R&D, whatever.. I actually like both products,but legally, hey, I'm on apples side.first of all when you have someone who works on the board w/ you and suddenly, he quit, got fired,Quired,whatever, and he then starts a business based on confidential information that this person KNEW ABOUT PRIOR TO LEAVING, and his new business is skyROCKETING$$$$$$$$$$$$ um, yeah guys,Steve jobs hated android too,very much and I'm glad for him(r.i.p). Yeah, yeah, this lawsuit its not over but mainly in apples favor.the dude stole technology that apple made modifications too,( tweek), don't you think that you would be mad also if you worked your ARSE off on a project and I came and stole it from you? Hell2 da yeah... Look here, i had made modifications to an existing product some years back and those items were stolen from me and to this day these modifications that I made still exist, but I'm only a grain of sand compared to these big money companies, man...they are smooth Talking, and can basically end your career, "what could I do," I was green as a pool table then, eager, here is a guy(s) there was some help,(Steve jobs and friends who went to college, loved what he does, regardless of the "attitude" he wasn't paranoid, he just did not trust anyone, and had a hard time trusting certain people around certain things,I believe, only because I have had something stolen from me, that I understand, heck, we all hate when something is stolen from us, and furthermore as far as making modifications, everybody does it to something that we have in out everyday lives so please stop the ahh fughettaboutit, I'm outta here...

That's pretty funny and I love it

Holy run-on sentence, Batman!

I am getting sick of Apple these days. Looks like Apple wants to be a monopoly - which cannot last long...

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustlenny View Post
    All of you guys seem to forget that apple is damned to let history repeat itself. Remember when a little unknown guy bill gates wanted to just innocently "copy" apple. And how this "copying" of bill gates almost bankrupted apple?? Apple doesn't want this to happen again so they take every single precaution for this never to happen again. It has nothing to do with the money. It's about principle. Anyone can make a copy of the iPhone and sell it as their phone. But can you make something original and sell it as well as the iPhone did? That's the question to be answered.
    Lol, so LG should sue Apple? They did announce the Prada before Apple, and the phone was launched before the first iPhone was. I'm sorry, but Apple shouldn't have a patent on black rectangles. Whats next? Apple is going to go after tile manufacturers for creating black tile that's in a rectangle shape?

Already looking at the S3 for my Nov update.

Apple bores me after 5 years.
    Before this decision declaring apple must win a billion for inventing rounded corners and the color white-- pressing litigation against a phone vendor that has produced phones that are in some was vastly more advanced than the Apple iPhones... Both iOS and Android are based entirely upon open source Linux with an open source Java overly... Android(Google) keeps it open and free whilst Apple locks everything down controlling customers and developers and waging grossly abusive lawsuits against true competition because innovating is more expensive than deception and abusing the parent system. Apple discovered that technology and patent law is easy to confuse juries with. I am most angry because of the terrible effect these lawsuits have on free form innovation. Apple does not own hand gestures, start buttons or the bouncing effect long established in Java. It's all nonsense. I am typing this on my iPad but because of these actions I will not buy apple again unless they are promptly halted. Android is outdoing apple in innovation, freedom is outdoing controlled locked down idiocy. Whole nations are now rising up against this misuse of the patent system and saying the same as I.

Banned
    Thanks

If you spent every walking minute developing testing then selling the greatest widget the world has ever known and then Walmart decided to copy your idea change it just. A bit then throw there name on it and sell it as there's you would be mad as hell to. And well within your right to ask for sales to stop and to be compensated for your Loss.
    How old are you people that think theft of concept design and operation is alright?
    what are you talking about? "Apple's" pull down notification that Android stole?

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustlenny View Post
    All of you guys seem to forget that apple is damned to let history repeat itself. Remember when a little unknown guy bill gates wanted to just innocently "copy" apple. And how this "copying" of bill gates almost bankrupted apple?? Apple doesn't want this to happen again so they take every single precaution for this never to happen again. It has nothing to do with the money. It's about principle. Anyone can make a copy of the iPhone and sell it as their phone. But can you make something original and sell it as well as the iPhone did? That's the question to be answered.
    what's "ORIGINAL" about the iPhone? everything you see and do on an iDevice was already done by other companies long, long before most people ever heard of apple.

I hate how some apple fan boy always begin and end an argument with "....copied apple" apple did NOT invent nor were they the first to use;

smart phones
    tablets
    touch screen smart phones and tablets
    mobile phone apps
    app stores
    media players

and please dont say "but apple made them better" cause that's a ******** excuse I hear over and over. if its ok for apple to take existing ideas and technology and make it better, then why cant others do the same with apple's ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn@rd. View Post
    Well that's clearly your opinion, I have had almost all the phones and to me they feel and perform as only cell phones. With the I phone, it's different, you feel like you have your personal device and it's yours( j/b) your way, anything you want to do to the thing, you can, and I have never had a device that performs as well as the I phone. Samsung they make great phones, ahem, but to me it's just not that fun, it feels pre- programmed . As far as the lawsuit? I personally am riding with apple on the legality side of biz, Samsung was wrong for infringement
    spoken like a true iDiot. the fact that you have to Jailbreak speaks volumes AND contradicts everything you said. the iPhone is NOT yours, its a locked down walled in system and YOU have to abide by the rules and limitations apple imposes on you. with an iPhone is is anything but "your way, anything you want to do to the thing" as you put it.

most of what you can do with a Jailbroken iPhone any number of Android phones can do with stock Android. there are several KEY things you can do with stock Android that even a jailbroken iPhone cannot do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ninja View Post
    Ok I have said this many times here lately but it's not sinking in. Do you people who think apple invented everything and innovated everything have a clue about how apple actually operates? Of course you DON'T!

They like to steal others ideas, patent them, claim as their own, and sue anyone who is a threat to their MONEY! Apple is all about idea theft, if u think I'm wrong then by all means GOOGLE it . You fannies are so freakin blind, I feel bad for u. It's not that ur stupid, just ignorant.
    +1

Ive never met an iPhone user that knows where the iPhone name came from.....apple stole it.
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 09-03-2012 at 07:10 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

I love the way its backfiring on Apple. As they are the ones complaining the Galaxy devices are selling more. LOL Take that crApple.

WHY is it that Apple are attacking Samsung so hard where there are other phones that look more like an iPhone which arn't even touched? And what about all the other tablets?
    I think Apple see Samsung as the main contender and want to take them out instead of make a better device.
    I can see what crApple are doing. Make an inferior device then release an updated device with a new feature then repeat. Where Samsung just release a better device then wait for the industry to ask for something better then release that. IF crApple released the iPhone 4 instead of the crappy iPhone 1 they would've had the number one smartphone on the market for many years but instead they released the crap iPhone 1 and opened the door for something better to come along. Thats where the Samsung Galaxy devices came along and are a better device.

IF I was Apple I would STOP the stupid lawsuits and invest in what the public really want, a better device that kicks *** over every other device on the market. Make a device to good and wanted that nothing Samsung make come close. THATS the smart way. BUT do you think Apple are that smart? NOPE. They will waste money and just sue the competition and keep releasing inferior devices.

Whats the bet they want the Galaxy S3 off the shelves before the iPhone 5 gets released as the S3 is a better phone and Apple are just jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ninja View Post
    Ok I have said this many times here lately but it's not sinking in. Do you people who think apple invented everything and innovated everything have a clue about how apple actually operates? Of course you DON'T!

They like to steal others ideas, patent them, claim as their own, and sue anyone who is a threat to their MONEY! Apple is all about idea theft, if u think I'm wrong then by all means GOOGLE it . You fannies are so freakin blind, I feel bad for u. It's not that ur stupid, just ignorant.
    https://twitter.com/Anon_Central/sta.../photo/1/large
    I cant attach the photo as the way they've set up this site refuses me to so here is a link instead.

Apple steal the idea, patent it then sue others for using the original design.
    I think Apple are the ones that need to be sued. OR ALL their patents be scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    what are you talking about? "Apple's" pull down notification that Android stole?
    ???? Apple stole notifications from Android. Android has always had it from the start, Apple only had it since IOS4 so Apple stole that one.

Everything else you said I agree with. NOTHING Apple have done is new and invented from Apple. 99% of the iPhone features are either stolen or Apple brought the company that invented it. Siri was another company and is still really stupid. Go into the forums and have a look at my Siri post to prove how stupid Siri is.
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 09-03-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Wow I just hate how everyone says that the iPhone is the best phone because of the j/b remember Apple doesn't even support JB! If it wasn't for the Jb the iPhone would be so boring!

Holy run-on sentence, Batman!
    Lol

Won't happen. This would kill market competition. The Galaxy Nexus sold about 4 phones (I loved mine) so banning it won't disrupt competitive forces. Banning the SIII over such a tiny little feature (Universal Search? Who the hell cares?) will have a HUGE impact on the market and clearly give Apple a competitive advantage.... again, over a feature that is useful but most people probably don't use it.

There is nothing about the SIII that is copying other than the one infringing patent which they will issue a software update for. Universal search. Who the hell cares. It's useful but most will never notice it's gone.

Apple is scared, as they should be, Android 4.0+ finally gives a user experience that can rival iOS in terms of usability and smoothness.
    Last edited by Breezer23; 09-03-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Perfect reason everyone should dump apple. I have a while ago and to be honest my android phone and tablet blows away the iPhone and iPad.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to GrandMstrBud For This Useful Post:

jOnGarrett (09-03-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Breezer23 View Post
    The Galaxy Nexus sold about 4 phones (I loved mine)
    Where the hell did you get your information? The GNexus sold a lot more than 4 phones. I currently have one and i love it, works better FOR ME than the previously iphone i had. Running the ParanoidAndroid custom ROM and it's awesome! The ability to have a Hybrid of both a phone and table is amazing!

Last edited by Painkiller006; 09-03-2012 at 04:47 PM.
    from my rooted Droid DNA

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Breezer23 View Post
    Won't happen. This would kill market competition. The Galaxy Nexus sold about 4 phones (I loved mine) so banning it won't disrupt competitive forces. Banning the SIII over such a tiny little feature (Universal Search? Who the hell cares?) will have a HUGE impact on the market and clearly give Apple a competitive advantage.... again, over a feature that is useful but most people probably don't use it.

There is nothing about the SIII that is copying other than the one infringing patent which they will issue a software update for. Universal search. Who the hell cares. It's useful but most will never notice it's gone.

Apple is scared, as they should be, Android 4.0+ finally gives a user experience that can rival iOS in terms of usability and smoothness.

Android 2.3 gave us that experience also., 4.0+ is nice but there was absolutely nothing wrong with it when I had it on my GS2 and Galaxy Note.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Perfect reason everyone should dump apple. I have a while ago and to be honest my android phone and tablet blows away the iPhone and iPad.
    +1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast