Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Realistic Mockup of Fully-assembled Next-Gen iPhone Found at IFA 2012

Thanks

Default Realistic Mockup of Fully-assembled iPhone 5 Found at IFA 2012

A recently released video from this week’s IFA consumer electronics show claims to be the first video that has captured a fully assembled iPhone 5. A closer inspection of the footage points to one of the more realistic mockups to date instead. According to the folks at GSM Israel, they stumbled upon the device at the booth of a third party accessory maker during its normal tour of the IFA show floor in Berlin. The device in the video has all the specs mentioned in rumors and leaks previously.

The video can be found below:

The device has the two-tone silver and white handset with finely brushed aluminum edges and buttons, a larger 4-inch display screen, and what appears to be a fully-assembled mini Dock Connector and rear-facing camera module. The surface of the device produces reflections that are similar to those of synthetic material compared to the traditional iPhone Gorilla glass, suggesting it’s a just a well-crafted mockup based on leaked parts and schematics.

There were similar mockups of the second-generation iPad which mad the headlines back in January of 2012 when they were spotted at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. This was just weeks before Apple unveiled the curtain to the slimmer tablet. According to the analysis by the folks over at AppleInsider, a close up of the markings on the rear of the handset which read “Model NO. A1303” point towards a model number already used for the iPhone 3GS. The FCC ID of “BCGA1303A” was also the FCC ID for the iPhone 3GS. Nevertheless, the mockup in the video offers one of the best visual examples of what Apple’s next-generation iPhone is expected to look like when it’s debuted on September 12th.

You can find some images of the mockup device below as well:

Source: GSM-Israel via AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Looks fake

You guys should stop with the rumors, apple is about to announce the new iPhone in a week you guys will look like trolls at the end.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Looks fake
    Very observant.

Thanks

if they use the same design as iphone 4 it is going to really suck.

Quote Originally Posted by msb2011 View Post
    if they use the same design as iphone 4 it is going to really suck.
    Lol. Tons of people will freak out but still buy the device including myself. It would be nice to have a larger screen but if that is suppose to be the new iPhone why couldn't it be powered on. leads me to believe its just the housing mock up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MXCO View Post
    You guys should stop with the rumors, apple is about to announce the new iPhone in a week you guys will look like trolls at the end.
    I agree.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fredHD's Avatar
    Thanks

Just 11 days left before they announce it. If it looks like that I'll still buy it, I don't think Apple will have major design changes until they can use the liquid metal more efficiently, once they do we might see a tear drop shape iPhone.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 723 Posts

So they say in the video that the manufacturer asked them not to power up the device? Lead me to believe totally fake or as someone above said just a shell mock up. Plus what kind of manufacturer would give someone a new unannounced device knowing there going to shoot a video of the device. Totally makes no sense!

Yeah who knows. If I'm a business and told me not to power it on. I'm gonna power it on lol. Off camera or not. Who knows Tim cook is in charge and making changes. No one knew about the Mac refresh line and Tim blew me away with that. I believe he will amaze us this time. Have they ever let us down? Don't matter what it looks like I'm a sheep and will still buy it because I love the user friendly UI interface and the fact its a great product overall.

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Lol. Tons of people will freak out but still buy the device including myself. It would be nice to have a larger screen but if that is suppose to be the new iPhone why couldn't it be powered on. leads me to believe its just the housing mock up.
    did you even read the article? lol. it clearly stares its a mockup.

Really, apple? Really?! I hope this is as fake and phoney as it seems because that would just be incredibly lazy, man. So far not impressed.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    If the next iPhone isn't better than that, time for a change...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

copied from the comments on this video, making sense for me! make sure to look at the back of your device the last thing is IC and not ID which makes it obviously fake
    reasons I Think its fake
    1. iPhone font is wrong
    2. the writing under iPhone previous iPhones say "model" and not "model NO"
    3. the writing under iPhone previous models have a ":" after "ID" and not just "."
    4. the writing under iPhone previous models have a format of MODEL ID IC this has MODEL ID ID
    5. the writing under iPhone has inconsistent spacing compared to previous iPhones
    6. the mute switch does not have the orange strip indicating mute
    but this is just an OPINION, can be very wrong
    irfaanfaki 16 minutes ago

Seems like Apple is really sticking with the ugly two tone back...If I get this phone I will change the back for sure and I'm sure it will not come at a small cost either. Might skip this phone altogether.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    will be funny if apple release with different name....

Hopefully there are some people here who remember last years mock up and realize this is all here-say

I still can't view the link through here.

If the new iPhone really is just the same design but elongated and w/o LTE or NFC I will probably go for an Android. Been messing with those, not a bad piece of software, hardware wise I hate the fragmentation but there are always great phones available.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast