+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'LabelEnhancer' Gives You the Ability to Change App Label Color and Font

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Customization is a big factor of jailbreaking and what better way to add some customization than to change the colors and fonts of your application labels? A new free jailbreak
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'LabelEnhancer' Gives You the Ability to Change App Label Color and Font

Customization is a big factor of jailbreaking and what better way to add some customization than to change the colors and fonts of your application labels? A new free jailbreak tweak called LabelEnhancer by iOS developer Fllorent0D is now available with tons of options for changing the color, shadow color, and font of your application icon labels. With the perfect combination of color choices, font choices, and wallpaper choice, you could have one rockin’ iPhone.

Above are two examples of what I found to be pleasant-looking in color and font choice, but there are actually a ton of choices to choose from. All choices can be picked from the LabelEnhancer preferences pane that is located in the Settings application after you install the tweak from Cydia. The preferences pane is pretty lengthy, but we’ll show it to you anyways:

First and foremost is the ability to enable and disable the tweak on demand. Under this, the preferences pane is divided into sections.

The Labels Color Section

The Labels Color section is the section of the preferences pane that controls what color the labels will appear as. The developer gives you three choices – the ability to choose from a list of predefined colors, the ability to use RGB sliders, or the ability to let the tweak choose random colors. The pre-defined colors are a limiting way to choose your color, but you can guarantee the color you want. The RGB sliders offer you a much more infinite choice of colors than the predefined colors do, however you won’t be able to see what your color choice is until you respring each time. The RGB sliders include an alpha slider, which adjusts the transparency of the application labels.

The random color option will show each label as a different color. If you choose picking from a list of predefined colors, you have all of the following color choices:
    • black
    • dark gray
    • light gray
    • white
    • gray
    • red
    • green
    • blue
    • cyan
    • yellow
    • magenta
    • orange
    • purple
    • brown
    • no labels (consider this invisible, not really a color, but it hides the labels altogether)

The Shadows Color Section

Under the Shadows Color section, you will be selecting a color for the shadow of the application icon labels. Sometimes hard to see, this shadow adds depth to the home screen. Just like the Labels Color section, you can choose between picking from a list of pre-defined colors, using RGB and alpha sliders, and using the random color function. All of these options are exactly the same as those from the Labels Color section and they list of colors you can choose from are the same too.

The Rest of the Options

Once you’re done fiddling with the colors, the tweak also gives you the ability to change the font of the application icon labels and the size of the application icon labels. There are a ton of fonts to choose from and the label size is chosen with a slider – the further left you are, the smaller the labels will be and the further right you are, the larger the labels will be. After you have finished picking all your options, tapping on the “Respring to apply changes” button is necessary to save your options and have them take effect.

For all this customization in one, free jailbreak tweak, I can’t help but recommend it to anyone that enjoys customizing the look of his or her home screen. Between the choice of 15 pre-defined colors and 70 fonts, it has a lot to offer. It doesn’t appear to slow down the home screen at all and it does a good job of looking good when paired with a nice wallpaper. Check it out!

Name: LabelEnhancer
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: Fllorent0D
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Thanks
    Wow sweet I must get it now

iPhone? More like MyPhone KBI2113's Avatar
    Thanks

Grabbed. Will check it out.

Thanks
    It's not working at all for me

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Modding life View Post
    You enabled the tweak right? Try disabling it and enabling it again. Then use the respring button at the bottom of the settings page to save your settings.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    You enabled the tweak right? Try disabling it and enabling it again. Then use the respring button at the bottom of the settings page to save your settings.
    Yes I did all of above but its not working at all

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Modding life View Post
    Yes I did all of above but its not working at all
    Try disabling other tweaks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

No gradients or reflections? I'll stick to the info.plist for now. Fingers crossed for an update though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What about iColorizeLabel it was defiantly first!... not nice

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am the DEV of iColorizeLabel.
    nice tweak though, but i think my tweak has a lot more function such as the live color mode.
    But again nice tweak though.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by Arik Shainer; 09-01-2012 at 03:19 AM.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Springtomize does this too...

Thanks

these tweaks are getting redundant. Springtomize does a ton of the little "tweaks" that are getting posted here on the reg. C'mon MMI....

Thanks

You guys wanted a larger screen, that's what the iPhone 5 is going to look like

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arik Shainer View Post
    I am the DEV of iColorizeLabel.
    nice tweak though, but i think my tweak has a lot more function such as the live color mode.
    But again nice tweak though.
    Good luck!
    Thanks

I'm agree IcolorizeLabel is the same ... But mine is more complete... You can't choose a simple color ? Only RGB ... It s a bit hard to the lazy person... I don't know but the LiveColorMode is a bit to ChrismasTree ...

Thanks

Sorry but like other free apps is not working .

Thanks

Still not working.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Yeah it maybe easy, but it still doesnt work........??

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

This is not working for me as well

Thanks

Just now tried the above tweaks on my iPhone....It works but with some exception...The Predifined and RGB Colors Settings does not work at all....Hoping the developer would Fix this...