+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Screen Snag at Sharp As New iPhone Supply Shortage is Feared

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy Hahaha +1 No it's because android phones come out every other week, with little to no change between them. The ONLY one with noticeable change from
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Jj2345's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Hahaha +1

No it's because android phones come out every other week, with little to no change between them. The ONLY one with noticeable change from the rest is the galaxy SIII, apple has record sales BECAUSE they do not produce a ton of phones, unlike android. Which is funny, android only has, what? Maybe 10-12% of the market share over apple. And apple has 5 phones while android has what? 500+? Just goes to show quality > quantity
    I'd have to agree with you on that one,I don't know why android feels the need for so many damn phones,but an iPhone has to be jailbroken in order to stand a chance with android OS

Green Apple
    Thanks

Android isn't Hardware just software. Handset makers like Samsung,LG,Sony,Htc...ect...decide on releasing phones on different price tiers. It's called choice. They combined may release 30 a year. It's when they are branded that confuses the less informed. Say their are 7 makers on 4 different services all phones branded differently. We will assume half have an international version. That is 135 different phones. Each company really only averages about 5 models a year. Hot hard to understand.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    I'd have to agree with you on that one,I don't know why android feels the need for so many damn phones,but an iPhone has to be jailbroken in order to stand a chance with android OS
    See I would agree with you on that, but most people who buy a phone aren't into customization. Such as us and the us in the jailbreak community and tweaking community on android. If you look at the amount of people that leave iOS stock compared to How many people are jailbroken. Its like every 1/10 (estimated figure). So as I would agree iOS needs to be jailbroken to be better than android jellybean (I think the rest are too laggy, including Ice Cream Sandwich) most of the people who own an iOS device think its very nice stock.

Green Apple
    Thanks

At least I thought it wasn't hard.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oddphone20 View Post
    Android isn't Hardware just software. Handset makers like Samsung,LG,Sony,Htc...ect...decide on releasing phones on different price tiers. It's called choice. They combined may release 30 a year. It's when they are branded that confuses the less informed. Say their are 7 makers on 4 different services all phones branded differently. We will assume half have an international version. That is 135 different phones. Each company really only averages about 5 models a year. Hot hard to understand.
    It's maybe 5 models a piece for the flagship phones (one X, SIII, Nexus, I could go on and on) but you have I include all the basic smart phones with crappy hardware they give away for free. It's a lot more

Thanks

Another Apple's Marketing Gimmicks...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    so the customer has a CHOICE to pick from the type of phone THEY want. Oh wait.. Apple lets you decide if you want black or white....

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Hahaha +1

No it's because android phones come out every other week, with little to no change between them. The ONLY one with noticeable change from the rest is the galaxy SIII, apple has record sales BECAUSE they do not produce a ton of phones, unlike android. Which is funny, android only has, what? Maybe 10-12% of the market share over apple. And apple has 5 phones while android has what? 500+? Just goes to show quality > quantity
    And Iphone releases always have such a noticeable change.....
    Last edited by jasvncnt10; 09-04-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jasvncnt10 View Post
    so the customer has a CHOICE to pick from the type of phone THEY want. Oh wait.. Apple lets you decide if you want black or white....

And Iphone releases always have such a noticeable change.....
    iPhone 3G/3GS and iPhone 4/4S look the same...? And look at the new iPhone 5 let's call it because it will be called the iPhone 5 . Apple just sent out invites for the sept12th event. They have a 5 in the shadow of the 12, anyways that's besides the point, 2 tone back? Way different from the iPhone 4S/4 and 3GS/3, not every iPhone looks different but theres now going to be 3 completely different models, the only android phone I think that does look the same (meaning plastic back with a few pressure sensitive buttons on the bottom) is the SIII and even that is close.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12