+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Get Up To $345 for iPhone 4S Through Apple's Recycling Program

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Perhaps you can get a tad bit richer from recycling if you have a spare iPhone 4S to spare. Apple has begun offering users an opportunity to fork over their
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Get Up To $345 for iPhone 4S Through Apple's Recycling Program

Perhaps you can get a tad bit richer from recycling if you have a spare iPhone 4S to spare.

Apple has begun offering users an opportunity to fork over their iPhone 4S in return for upwards of $345 (paid through an Apple Gift Card). Although Apple has offered recycling opportunities before, this is the first time the company has put such a high bounty on the current generation model.

Perhaps this is because a new model is coming? Yep, we think so too.

Assuming your device is in good condition (that is, no water damage, unsightly scratches or dreaded cracks), the best you'll get for the white 64GB iPhone 4S is $345 from Apple. Amazon, on the other hand, is willing to pay more for the same thing - $500.

Apple says on its official website that devices in good condition will likely be resold or reconditioned. Damaged devices in need of substantial repair will most likely be recycled. Those that need to be recycled, Apple says, will be done so "responsibly."

Source: Apple

Banned
    Thanks

Rather go on ebay and flip it for 400-450 for my 16gb with a few cases apple giftcards are useless

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    Rather go on ebay and flip it for 400-450 for my 16gb with a few cases apple giftcards are useless
    Unless, it can be used towards the purchase of the new iPhone, that doesn't seem useless. $345 isn't enough though...but for those who want to take the simple, quick route...this would be a nice option.
    El Zurdo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Apple does not actually buy the phone. Apple has allowed a company called PowerOn to "recycle" the device via the Apple website in exchange for an Apple gift card.
    The estimate is provided by PowerON.
    They'll determine the actual value of your Apple Gift Card
    after they receive and evaluate your product.
    And here is a part of the actual Terms of Service for recycling through PowerOn:
    THIS IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND POWERON SERVICES, INC. (“POWERON”) STATING THE TERMS THAT GOVERN YOUR USE OF THIS POWERON PROGRAM. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS—TOGETHER WITH ALL UPDATES AND ADDITIONAL TERMS—COLLECTIVELY CONSTITUTE THE “AGREEMENT” BETWEEN YOU AND POWERON. TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS, CLICK “AGREE.” IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT CLICK “AGREE,” AND DO NOT USE THE SERVICE. YOU MUST ACCEPT AND ABIDE BY THESE TERMS AS PRESENTED TO YOU; CHANGES, ADDITIONS, OR DELETIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE, AND POWERON MAY REFUSE ACCESS TO THE POWERON SERVICE FOR NON-COMPLIANCE WITH ANY PART OF THIS AGREEMENT.

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE RESPONSIBLE REUSE AND RECYCLE SERVICE IS BETWEEN YOU AND POWERON ONLY, AND APPLE IS NOT LIABLE FOR AND DOES NOT WARRANT SUCH SERVICE.
    Last edited by Melech518; 08-29-2012 at 03:05 PM.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE RESPONSIBLE REUSE AND RECYCLE SERVICE IS BETWEEN YOU AND POWERON ONLY, AND APPLE IS NOT LIABLE FOR AND DOES NOT WARRANT SUCH SERVICE. :
    Lol...Sooo, WE are responsible...as well as POWERON, to "responsibly recycle" the iPhone....You gotta love reading the "fine print" sometimes! Nice job of covering all the bases though Apple!
    El Zurdo

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Do they even verify if you are the actual owner of the phone? Or can any Dirtbag that jacked someone on the NYC subway "recycle" their stolen wares? HEY SENATOR SCHUMER LETS SEE YOU GO AFTER THE LIKES OF APPLE THE SAME WAY YOU WENT AFTER THE TELCOS TO BLOCK STOLEN PHONES! Otherwise whats the point when all the crooks have to do is get their CASH FOR STOLEN GOODS DIRECTLY FROM APPLE! Sayin...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post
    Do they even verify if you are the actual owner of the phone? Or can any Dirtbag that jacked someone on the NYC subway "recycle" their stolen wares? HEY SENATOR SCHUMER LETS SEE YOU GO AFTER THE LIKES OF APPLE THE SAME WAY YOU WENT AFTER THE TELCOS TO BLOCK STOLEN PHONES! Otherwise whats the point when all the crooks have to do is get their CASH FOR STOLEN GOODS DIRECTLY FROM APPLE! Sayin...
    I dont know how much value a Apple Gift card is going to have for your typical crack feening crook...My guess is that they would sell the iPhone for actual cash...Just like the rest of us non crack feening people.
    El Zurdo

Thanks

Hmm not bad

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    That's my plan in a couple weeks so I can get the new iPhone 5

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post

Chances are they catalog device IDs and the like, so if yours is stolen it can be found in their database as recycled and then the law enforcement can handle it from there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why would apple start doing this now and never before?

Green Apple
    Thanks

what does this mean? to make much more people to buy its new products? anyway, it's not bad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LilyKing View Post
    what does this mean? to make much more people to buy its new products? anyway, it's not bad
    It means, beware!
    When they're done recycling phones, the bots are next.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Where can I find more info about amazon buying my phone?

Thanks

Hahahahahahahahahaaaa...!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    It means, beware!
    When they're done recycling phones, the bots are next.

Hmmm....sounds interesting of what Apple is offering...