Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is Google Wallet Ripping Off iOS 6 Passbook?

Quote Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
    There are plenty of people who travel frequently for work, just because you're not one of them don't think they don't exist. I rack up over 250k miles a year in travel and love the fact that all I need to do is flash my phone to board a plane. No worrying about printing out boarding passes, waiting in longer lines, etc.

Sad you have to make personal attacks me on grammar and spelling, just goes to show that you have nothing substantial to say on the real topic, Google Wallet. So enjoy going out on the Internet and playing Grammar Police, it's probably the only place you'll win.
    I didn't say that those people don't exist, but in my opinion(and only my opinion) Wallet exists to replace your actual wallet. I do realize that some people fly a lot for business, and if that is you then you are probably the exception and not the rule. It is pretty obvious that Google has been approaching Wallet by adding the tasks that people would most commonly use it for first, and the most common tasks for most people are storing credit cards, coupons, store member cards, and things of that nature. These types of services have a natural evolution to move forward and add more niche features, like boarding passes perhaps. I do think that Apple tends to announce things, quite strategically, that other companies are already working towards and people want to think that Apple is being ripped off.

As for personal attacks I didn't know that I made any. I like to urge myself and others to use good grammar, especially when trying to prove a point. It is not meant to be mean or an attack. I have said plenty about my opinion, and just my opinion, of this topic like everyone else has. I apologize if I caused anyone harm as that is never my intention. I also never said that anyone was an idiot for liking the outward appearance of their phones.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dannyrocket View Post
    Your right anyone who likes a product because of its appearance is a complete idiot.

WTF man, I like the appearance of the IPhone and so does everyone else that has one!
    Do you think anyone would buy a phone if they didn't like the look of it?

I am a tattoo artist and the iPhone is the perfect size and shows off my work nicely. The Android would work just as well for me as well, just can't stand the look of them! (too big)

Oh yea, I still carry a wallet and always will!

so basically you dont buy a phone for its capabilities or its feature set--you buy one because its pretty to look at. lmfao.

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    so basically you dont buy a phone for its capabilities or its feature set--you buy one because its pretty to look at. lmfao.
    im sorry didnt realize the iphone was an incapable phone? as a matter of fact its more of a functional phone than android.. Well atleast this is my opinion after using one for a few weeks.

the iphone does not lack performance more ability. so not sure what your point is

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    im sorry didnt realize the iphone was an incapable phone? as a matter of fact its more of a functional phone than android.. Well atleast this is my opinion after using one for a few weeks.

the iphone does not lack performance more ability. so not sure what your point is
    more functional than an Android phone? you're either joking, lying or simply don't know what you're talking about--try composing an email then add an attachment to it....oops, you cant.

try uploading photo from your gallery to Facebook...oops, cant do that either.

try downloading or saving a file from a website then accessing that file....nope, cant do that.

trying replacing a stock iOS app with one of YOUR choice, one that does what you want/need it to do....sorry, not on an iDevice.

what do you do with an iPhone when you run out of space? Answer: DELETE some of your data. no need to use cloud storage because you cant add content to an iDevice independent of iTunes or some 3rd party clone.

oh, and my all time favorite....turn on your bluetooth and see if your iPhone can detect other devices including other iDevices...EPIC FAIL.

and yes, I do have iDevices in my home, they collect dust or my Son plays with them.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG....you can comprehend huh? LMFAO

Great rebuttal genius. LMFAO

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Who cares who was first? We all know Apple will perfect it for the average consumer. Why do you think Apple is leading the race? They improve on old technology where others have failed. Google is a redneck version of Apple. They just can't seem to "get it right" the first time.

more functional than an Android phone? you're either joking, lying or simply don't know what you're talking about--try composing an email then add an attachment to it....oops, you cant.

try uploading photo from your gallery to Facebook...oops, cant do that either.

try downloading or saving a file from a website then accessing that file....nope, cant do that.

trying replacing a stock iOS app with one of YOUR choice, one that does what you want/need it to do....sorry, not on an iDevice.

what do you do with an iPhone when you run out of space? Answer: DELETE some of your data. no need to use cloud storage because you cant add content to an iDevice independent of iTunes or some 3rd party clone.

oh, and my all time favorite....turn on your bluetooth and see if your iPhone can detect other devices including other iDevices...EPIC FAIL.

and yes, I do have iDevices in my home, they collect dust or my Son plays with them.
    Please re read. I said more of a functional phone. And btw I'm not jail broken and can upload to Facebook from camera roll and insert images in the email app. Please get your facts right.

My statement was my opinion. I've been using an android for a few weeks and IMHO is far less useful as a phone and basic task manager than android.

I have 0 need to download anything from safari so I could care less about that, as far as storage. Everything I use is stored in the cloud (I don't like wires) so never run out of space.

Again this is my opinion and in no way said it was everyone else's

Quote Originally Posted by snap1500 View Post
    An e-wallet isn't something new or unique. Everyone thought of it and wants it made (including consumers). It's like making telephone calls without wires. It was just a matter of time before someone made it happen. If apple or google made it happen first, doesn't really mean anything...Something like a pinch to zoom or bounce back, now that's something.
    yes, i do agree this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234