Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is Google Wallet Ripping Off iOS 6 Passbook?

I think there is something different about passbook vs. wallet. Something that Apple is all about is doing something and doing it right. From what I've heard, there has been nothing but bad experiences with Google Wallet. Not to mention all the maleware that has been attacking Android phones, it might be smarter to a device you can rely on a little more. Google has changed the wallet multiple times because it has never been a fully conceived idea. I'm hopeful Apple has another approach. My two cents.

Oh, and also. This is a pro Apple website is it not? Why are people surprised then to find articles written in Apples favor? Seems like...ya' know, it'd be a no brainer...

Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    I think there is something different about passbook vs. wallet. Something that Apple is all about is doing something and doing it right. From what I've heard, there has been nothing but bad experiences with Google Wallet. Not to mention all the maleware that has been attacking Android phones, it might be smarter to a device you can rely on a little more. Google has changed the wallet multiple times because it has never been a fully conceived idea. I'm hopeful Apple has another approach. My two cents.

Oh, and also. This is a pro Apple website is it not? Why are people surprised then to find articles written in Apples favor? Seems like...ya' know, it'd be a no brainer...
    +1 my man, also people who are saying they want to or are going to deactivate there accounts... Well honestly I bet MMI really doesn't really care, so go ahead and deactivate them, will help us all out

Interesting point.
    Something that Apple is all about is doing something and doing it right.
    vs
    Google has changed the wallet multiple times because it has never been a fully conceived idea. I'm hopeful Apple has another approach. My two cents.
    When Apple releases a "beta" they keep it on a short leash, usually time-limited and restricted to authorized developers or other insider-enthusiasts. They change things around quite frequently, but that's okay because people who use these features/products are given fair warning.

Google's concept of "beta" is somewhat unique in the industry.
    Products remain "beta" for years.... often throughout their entire lifespan. There's no sharp distinction between "testing" and "production". It's all production, it's all testing. They change things around frequently (or used to) which can be disconcerting for their users who may not understand that the products are still in early development.

One isn't necessarily better than the other, but the philosophies are vastly different.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to raduga For This Useful Post:

Breezer23 (08-30-2012)

Jesus comments on this site get more retarded everyday. Everyone knows google wallet came first you [...]. The point of the article is to articulate that Google is adding a NEW feature to wallet that is COMPARABLE to Passbook. The article does not give an answer one way or another, because the feature is not even released yet. I will never understand why it is so popular to [...] on a company that is successful.

Common sense does not prevail on the Internet...
    Last edited by Orby; 09-01-2012 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Language, please...

90 precent of comments here - see news post - read 3 sentences of the entire post - assume its another apple is better than everyone else..

HOLLY **** PEOPLE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!!! i mean really how many comments will say "google wallet came out before passbook"? NO [...] ****!! if you actually read the damn post you would realize that this has nothing to do with saying google wallet is a rip off of passbook, it is merely saying that they are ADDING a NEW feature to an EXISTING system that will allow you to store your airline tickets and other information like movie tickets and store cards in your google wallet.

they are just announcing this feature, and apple already announced it earlier this year. Passbook is not trying to be google wallet as far as i can tell. You cant store your credit card info, it simply is a way to store these other things that may clutter up your wallet and give them an easily accessible place, rather than going to each individual app and/or site..

good freaking lord people are ignorant here!!
    Last edited by Orby; 09-01-2012 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Language, please...

The title says "is google wallet ripping off of passport". What does that sound like ?

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    My AMC account already log in my movie tickets + how much I spent on snacks + my rewards.
    My United Miles card already log in my airline tickets + how many miles I flew + my rewards.
    All this already exist so how is Google stealing this already existing "passbook" idea?
    If anything "Passbook" is stealing Google Wallet epayment idea, I hope Apple do release Passbook so Google can add another bullet into its lawsuit against Apple.
    again, your ignorance on the whole issue shows through loud and clear.

iOS Passbook provides ONE PLACE for you to store all those tickets, rewards, purchases. No need for all these separate apps taking up your RAM and screen.

please. go troll elsewhere. we don't need your kind here.

Google wallet is ripping off apple passbook!!!! Thats what the apple fanboys think because apple invented everything ... and their products LOOKS amazing regardless of hardware performance compared to android devices coz all the apple fanboys could only care about looks!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Glocknine For This Useful Post:

jOnGarrett (08-30-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ninja View Post
    The title says "is google wallet ripping off of passport". What does that sound like ?
    Sounds like it would interest me to read how they are. And then when you read it you realize that Google wallet is ripping off passbook by ADDING the same features lol

Quote Originally Posted by Glocknine View Post
    Google wallet is ripping off apple passbook!!!! Thats what the apple fanboys think because apple invented everything ... and their products LOOKS amazing regardless of hardware performance compared to android devices coz all the apple fanboys could only care about looks!
    I'm actually writing this from a galaxy s3. And you know what I don't think this out performs an iphone I'm any way.

Also sense when is looks not a factor in someone liking something? When you buy a care or other product you go off looks more than performance. If an ugly car was faster than a good looking car I would rather get the car that looked better
    Last edited by subywrex; 08-30-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    90 precent of comments here - see news post - read 3 sentences of the entire post - assume its another apple is better than everyone else..

HOLLY **** PEOPLE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!!! i mean really how many comments will say "google wallet came out before passbook"? NO [...] ****!! if you actually read the damn post you would realize that this has nothing to do with saying google wallet is a rip off of passbook, it is merely saying that they are ADDING a NEW feature to an EXISTING system that will allow you to store your airline tickets and other information like movie tickets and store cards in your google wallet.

they are just announcing this feature, and apple already announced it earlier this year. Passbook is not trying to be google wallet as far as i can tell. You cant store your credit card info, it simply is a way to store these other things that may clutter up your wallet and give them an easily accessible place, rather than going to each individual app and/or site..

good freaking lord people are ignorant here!!
    Google wallet already stores movie tickets and store cards(etc.), maybe you should learn to Google . Its almost like the fanboys think that if they are more intense with their ignorance that they will be the victor. Using more exclamation points does not make you right. BTW, who is Holly?
    Last edited by Orby; 09-01-2012 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Language in the quote.

Banned
    Thanks

Google Checkout was available back in 2006, expanding that onto cellphone and into Google Wallet is logical next step.
    Google Checkout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    If anything Apple is the one stealing the idea.
    Of course its apple who stole the idea, it always is. Seems everybody always knows of and or used various apps, technologies etc etc except apple fan boys.

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    What site or sites do you recommend?
    Where can I go to get proven FACTS on the iPhone 5, its features and capabilities?
    Who said anything about FACTS on the iPhone 5? Don't pretend like you can't read.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by BIMPtacular View Post
    Google wallet already stores movie tickets and store cards(etc.), maybe you should learn to Google . Its almost like the fanboys think that if they are more intense with their ignorance that they will be the victor. Using more exclamation points does not make you right. BTW, who is Holly?
    excuse me, but i've been using wallet since it was introduced years ago. it did not store loyalty cards, movie tickets, airline boarding passes, etc. when it first started out. google is adding those features, but it can not do all of them now. for the record, neither can passbook because it's not available yet, but google started adding many of these capabilities soon after apple announced them.

and BOTH of them were beaten by dozens of apps that do the same things but never became popular because they didn't have a large company behind them. so neither apple nor google can claim patents and sue each other on these. plenty of prior art.

Quote Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
    excuse me, but i've been using wallet since it was introduced years ago. it did not store loyalty cards, movie tickets, airline boarding passes, etc. when it first started out. google is adding those features, but it can not do all of them now. for the record, neither can passbook because it's not available yet, but google started adding many of these capabilities soon after apple announced them.

and BOTH of them were beaten by dozens of apps that do the same things but never became popular because they didn't have a large company behind them. so neither apple nor google can claim patents and sue each other on these. plenty of prior art.
    Please don't put words in my mouth or insinuate that I said something that I didn't, as I don't know where your fingers have been. Everything I stated is true and I never said anything about airline boarding passes. Google has been constantly adding functionality since BEFORE passbook was ever mentioned. Honestly who flies so much that they need their phone to carry their boarding pass anyway?

For people that are obviously obsessed with the outward appearance of their mobile device you sure don't take pride in the way you present yourself. Please at least attempt to use proper grammar and spelling. It doesn't hurt at all, and if you can't spell something take the time to look it up. Learning is fun and your opinion will be respected more by others if you seem to respect it enough to present it properly. Just some friendly advice.

So my entire rant on people arguing a point that isn't even apart of the article is incorrect?

My statement was to all who kept repeating the fact that google wallet was out before passbook. No where in the article did it say that google wallet is a rip off of passbook, it said google wallet Is ripping off passbook now with additional features that apple announced earlier this year.

I could care less who copies who as long as I have a device that suits my needs.

From the quotes announcement from google it appears that they are just introducing these features and they have not been apart of wallet till recently.

If your feel like critiquing people why dot you critique all the ignorant comments about google wallet being out for years. When google wallet came out is completely irrelevant to this article.

Please don't put words in my mouth or insinuate that I said something that I didn't, as I don't know where your fingers have been. Everything I stated is true and I never said anything about airline boarding passes. Google has been constantly adding functionality since BEFORE passbook was ever mentioned. Honestly who flies so much that they need their phone to carry their boarding pass anyway?

For people that are obviously obsessed with the outward appearance of their mobile device you sure don't take pride in the way you present yourself. Please at least attempt to use proper grammar and spelling. It doesn't hurt at all, and if you can't spell something take the time to look it up. Learning is fun and your opinion will be respected more by others if you seem to respect it enough to present it properly. Just some friendly advice.
    Your right anyone who likes a product because of its appearance is a complete idiot.

Lol and let me guess everyone that owns an iPhone only owns one because of its looks huh?

Has nothing to do with the fact they may just like iOS better than android. I like how you just make the judgement that everyone that like an iPhone or uses one is shallow, and incapable of having an opinion of what works better for them.
    Last edited by subywrex; 08-30-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Plenty of people. You obviously don't have a job that requires you to take 150-200 flights a year but some people do.

That's funny, your grammar is perfectly acceptable but with all of your double talk I find myself respecting your opinion less and less.

You can't say google wallet already has those features, name a few of them and add an et cetera, then claim I never mentioned that specific feature. Own up to your own words.
    Last edited by blwallace5; 08-30-2012 at 03:38 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Your right anyone who likes a product because of its appearance is a complete idiot.

WTF man, I like the appearance of the IPhone and so does everyone else that has one!
    Do you think anyone would buy a phone if they didn't like the look of it?

I am a tattoo artist and the iPhone is the perfect size and shows off my work nicely. The Android would work just as well for me as well, just can't stand the look of them! (too big)

Oh yea, I still carry a wallet and always will!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    When Apple releases a "beta" they keep it on a short leash, usually time-limited and restricted to authorized developers or other insider-enthusiasts. They change things around quite frequently, but that's okay because people who use these features/products are given fair warning.
    Guess what Apple's Siri was released on iPhone 4S in beta to anyone who wants to buy iPhone 4S.
    No warning was given, it was sold on commercials as if it was a complete product.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyrocket View Post

WTF man, I like the appearance of the IPhone and so does everyone else that has one!
    Do you think anyone would buy a phone if they didn't like the look of it?

I am a tattoo artist and the iPhone is the perfect size and shows off my work nicely. The Android would work just as well for me as well, just can't stand the look of them! (too big)

Oh yea, I still carry a wallet and always will!

I was being sarcastic as all these [...] just keep saying people only get and iPhone cause it's looks lol

Guess what Apple's Siri was released on iPhone 4S in beta to anyone who wants to buy iPhone 4S.
    No warning was given, it was sold on commercials as if it was a complete product.
    Technology is never complete. If it was we wouldn't have new releases of anything. For what Siri was. Advertised it does perfectly
    Last edited by Orby; 09-01-2012 at 01:23 AM.

There are plenty of people who travel frequently for work, just because you're not one of them don't think they don't exist. I rack up over 250k miles a year in travel and love the fact that all I need to do is flash my phone to board a plane. No worrying about printing out boarding passes, waiting in longer lines, etc.

Sad you have to make personal attacks me on grammar and spelling, just goes to show that you have nothing substantial to say on the real topic, Google Wallet. So enjoy going out on the Internet and playing Grammar Police, it's probably the only place you'll win.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast