Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is Google Wallet Ripping Off iOS 6 Passbook?

I'm about to all around leave MMi because all they say is other companies are stealing crapple ideas when really crapple is the one stealing the ideas here. Look at the facts. Google Wallet was out well before iOS 6, notifications like the ones in iOS 5+ were around in Androids for years, and much more. Everything crapple does is stolen. Get over yourself crapple f**boys and MMi. I'm seriously about done.

I got it. Apple travelled back in time to invent Passbook which is in a future iOS system not available to the general public yet and will sue Google next because it created Wallet after Passbook in the past which is now the future. Naiiilled it!

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,536 Times in 919 Posts

@szr
    I wasn't applying anything
    I was just stating that every company will always have a contender...those were just the 1st two names I could think of to do with phones
    So chill please

How on EARTH is Google ripping off Apple? Google Wallet came first and Passbook isn't even out yet! I'm deactivating my account for such a ridiculous headline

MMI writers are so ******* fail on so many levels. A little research maybe? Google Wallet has NFC. iOS6 just has Passbook, no way does that confirm it will use NFC. AND even if it does, it is behind since Google Wallet has been out for YEARS.

What a bunch of joke writers/reporters. And for any idiot that want's to come at me with "go to another site for news", well... I do. With actual real reporting with FACTS. I just happened to run into this because it's on the FRONT PAGE.

Ey, ey, I/Who cares? iTunes has been around longer than Google Wallet and Passbook. I think many of you are missing the point of Passbook. Passbook most likely at some point in the future will be applied to your iTunes account needing one active credit card. Why would Apple add a payment system for any type of credit card that isn't associated with iTunes? They will want to integrate it into their ecosystem. Why? Developers, developers, developers! Developers, developers!....Developers! They want your money just as bad as Apple. How do you pay for things in iTunes? With a credit card/gift card through iTunes. That is where Passbook is headed. It is not going to be a mobile wallet to hold all your credit card numbers (ladies and gentlemen who hold their purses).

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneMadness View Post
    MMI writers are so ******* fail on so many levels. A little research maybe? Google Wallet has NFC. iOS6 just has Passbook, no way does that confirm it will use NFC. AND even if it does, it is behind since Google Wallet has been out for YEARS.

What a bunch of joke writers/reporters. And for any idiot that want's to come at me with "go to another site for news", well... I do. With actual real reporting with FACTS. I just happened to run into this because it's on the FRONT PAGE.
    What site or sites do you recommend?
    Where can I go to get proven FACTS on the iPhone 5, its features and capabilities?

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    Developers, developers, developers! Developers, developers!....Developers!
    Who want your money just as bad as Steve Ballmer.

And Apple... doesn't want much. But they'd still like a slice. 30% isn't a lot.
    Last edited by raduga; 08-29-2012 at 01:24 PM.

I didn't read your link, but I agree with you. Other idiots, aside from this one now typing, will argue that "next logical step" means nothing and apple is the owner of a completely original idea.

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Google Checkout was available back in 2006, expanding that onto cellphone and into Google Wallet is logical next step.
    Google Checkout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    If anything Apple is the one stealing the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    What site or sites do you recommend?
    Where can I go to get proven FACTS on the iPhone 5, its features and capabilities?
    Nowhere...seeing as it hasn't been released yet...

Quote Originally Posted by funstuff234 View Post
    Are you shitting me? The news on this site just keeps pissing me off more and more every day. Google wallet has been around for over a year now, and there goal has always been to eliminate the goal to carry a wallet. They already support some gift cards/rewards programs from stores, and they plan to keep on expanding. Plus it uses NFC, something Apple doesn't seem to want to embrace. If anything, Passbook is a copy of Google wallet, not the other way around.
    The problem with this site is not their fault really. If you have been around from day one of this site (modmyiphone.com), you would know the best thing about this site was the help on how to jailbreak a iPhone. Jailbreaks back then could take you an hour to do and you really needed this site to help you do that. Now the jailbreaks are few and far between and are so easy they needed to do something else to keep interest. So reporting on every little rumor is what its become. They need traffic to get advertising money. People love to talk sh!t to each other because it's not face to face and you will never see them. So no consequnce. I call it internet muscles(spin off of beer muscles). So this site has become us(Apple) against them (Android) as of late.

I personally have never gotten the whole loyalty to one side or the other. I just like tech so I buy what ever suits by interest at the time. Till this day I have never went to the mailbox and received a royalty check from either for buying their products. So I just don't get it.

Anyway that's my spin.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1shuttle1 For This Useful Post:

caniac61906 (08-29-2012), Gamemaster77 (08-29-2012), szr (08-29-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    Ey, ey, I/Who cares? iTunes has been around longer than Google Wallet and Passbook. I think many of you are missing the point of Passbook. Passbook most likely at some point in the future will be applied to your iTunes account needing one active credit card. Why would Apple add a payment system for any type of credit card that isn't associated with iTunes? They will want to integrate it into their ecosystem. Why? Developers, developers, developers! Developers, developers!....Developers! They want your money just as bad as Apple. How do you pay for things in iTunes? With a credit card/gift card through iTunes. That is where Passbook is headed. It is not going to be a mobile wallet to hold all your credit card numbers (ladies and gentlemen who hold their purses).

So the point of your post is to say that Apple is headed in a direction where Google has already been, but because iTunes has been around for longer it must have been Apple's intention the whole time? BOOOOM........ Inception!! That is wanting to give credit to Apple pretty badly.

It will be APPLIED to you iTunes account? How? Integrate Passbook into their ecosystem in what fashion? You can already be charged for anything by an associated credit card. Developers already get your money through iTunes. I don't understand the logic of this post at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kraxik View Post
    wallet is a better name than passbook.

Passbook sounds like some pre-teen girls purse.

When someone "steals" from Apple = theft
    When Apple steals from some = innovation

I think it is time that Apple Inc joins Steve Jobs in hell. This company is corrupt.

Uhh... Do some homework you tools. Google Wallet has been out FOREVER. If anything this is another Shameless stealing by Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazmonic View Post
    I think its the way they are reporting it is the problem. Any real journalist would know that Google Wallet has been out for some time, but modmyi likes to get you guys all hot and bothered so these comment train keeps rolling. Its not Apples fault. It is modmyi with the dumbest of reporting.
    +1

i wish that one day google will be with apple not samsunge

Quote Originally Posted by LivesForJihad View Post
    When someone "steals" from Apple = theft
    When Apple steals from some = innovation

I think it is time that Apple Inc joins Steve Jobs in hell. This company is corrupt.
    Best statement this far. Apple fannies love to point finger at others but when apple steals something they are the best cuz they are improving it! Lol fannies are great! Makes me realize I'm not that dumb afterall.

Btw these MMI writers are hardcore apple d*ck riders. They know damn well Apple steals others ideas and claims them but they write like Apple is the victim.
    Last edited by Dark_Ninja; 08-29-2012 at 05:26 PM.

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

Same dull droid boys who said Samslung was innocent, wah wah wah......what poor losers, take your droid, turn it off, blow up your girlfriend, have your way and turn back on your phone 3 minutes later....maybe you'll feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by cgfusion View Post
    Same dull droid boys who said Samslung was innocent, wah wah wah......what poor losers, take your droid, turn it off, blow up your girlfriend, have your way and turn back on your phone 3 minutes later....maybe you'll feel better.
    I hate android and crapple but wanted Samsung to win because they were in the right to win. Not crapple.

Thanks everyone, for proving that droid fans are as dumb as apple fans
    and that I'm way smarter than all of you combined.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast