Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile to Focus on Attracting Unlocked iPhone Customers

Thanks

Default T-Mobile to Focus on Attracting Unlocked iPhone Customers

A recent report surfaced this morning about T-Mobile sending a memo to its sales staff that encourages them to sell against Appleís iPhone beginning September 21 (when it is expected to hit the store shelves). The memo that was sent out confirmed that the carrier for the next-generation iPhone due out next month. The folks over at TmoNews followed up with a new flyer regarding T-Mobile aiming to show customers how much they will save if they ditch AT&T and bring their unlocked iPhone to T-Mobile. The wireless carrier is promising customers that they can save up to $1,500 over two years if they switch.

As of right now, T-Mobileís single line offering seems quite attractive, as users can get truly unlimited data, text, and minutes for only $75. It seems like a great plan unless you consider that T-Mobileís network isnít fully configured to provide 3G speeds. The wireless carrier made a recent push to the iPhone compatible 1900MHz 3G network (and 4G at WWDC), but it hasnít been confirmed how well the company is doing regarding the matter. Until the 3G network is fully compatible, EDGE 2.5G is as fast as most users will get access to.

T-Mobile hasnít been able to sign up as an official iPhone carrier which is why the company continues to stride to welcome unlocked iPhone users. Reportedly, 1 million iPhone users are on T-Mobileís network despite the carrier not officially selling the iPhone. Considering the amount of money one might save, it may not be a bad idea to switch over to T-Mobile if you happen to be in a low-speed area. If you feel comfortable ditching 4G LTE (which is rumored to be supported with the next-gen iPhone), the move might be something to look into.

Source: TmoNews (1) (2)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Plus that to buy an unlocked iPhone unless you get one with low baseband or gevey witch is not to bad to buy I'd just stick with sprint same thing pretty much .just no need to unlock .

Let's face it, T-mobile is dying and no matter what offer, or how many commercials with the t-mobile girl we see the company is hanging by a tread.

How are they dying? They are actually making money from iPhone's, unlike sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    Let's face it, T-mobile is dying and no matter what offer, or how many commercials with the t-mobile girl we see the company is hanging by a tread.
    Looks to me they are making money! They have over a million iPhone users but pay apple nothing!! Where as most networks are paying apple to have the iPhone!

I think T-Mobile finally realized that unlocking or switching to unauthorized carriers is profitable and 100% legal. Good on them

t-Mobile sucks, we moved to a low coverage area and they want to charge us $200 per line to cancel!

We didn't even get any phones when we signed up with them. They tell us they want us to spend hundreds more for phones that will use our wifi, NOT!

Looks like we'll be taking t-Mobile to court as a contract is invalid if only one party benefits from the contract!
    Last edited by kyphur; 08-29-2012 at 09:10 AM.

Who actually wants an unlocked iPhone it's useless I say it from experience iPhone 3G 3GS iPhone 4 all unlocked I have experienced all of that for tmobile working under E they suck bad really bad I'm feed up with that I'm leaving tmobile.

Thanks

I bought a factory unlocked iPhone 2 years ago and had Tmo. I contacted customer support and advised i had a new iPhone. The lady told me that Tmo has an iPhone plan an i'd be fine win win :]

Huh? How is this a good deal compared to Straight Talk? You can take your locked phone to them and it's $45.99 per month for unlimited everything.

will straight talk except iphones? I thought you could only use their phones.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah Straight Talk is the best for a plan and the iphone does NOT need to be unlocked! Of course Apple offers free unlocking now of your iphone if you are not under contract. OR if you do NOT want a data plan just get a sim (free) from PURETALKUSA.com also works on locked ATT iphones. Plans as low as $10 if you only need a couple hundred minutes!

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    How is T-mobile dying? Is this just YOU'RE opinion with no facts to back that up?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

Go to straighttalk's website and you can see their plans for iphones. All you do is buy a sim from them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
    Huh? How is this a good deal compared to Straight Talk? You can take your locked phone to them and it's $45.99 per month for unlimited everything.
    I don't know where you're located but in Chicago, straight talk is horrible!
    No signal hardly ever! Useless to me.

if iphone5 is unlocked and t-mobile has the nano chips, then i would consider this.. not to big on the 4G yet, but with unlimited data on 3G, who should complain!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n0id View Post
    if iphone5 is unlocked and t-mobile has the nano chips, then i would consider this.. not to big on the 4G yet, but with unlimited data on 3G, who should complain!
    No 3G on T-mobile,Only Edge (2g) for now.

I want T Mobile to rot in hell after what they did to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eonhpi View Post
    Plus that to buy an unlocked iPhone unless you get one with low baseband or gevey witch is not to bad to buy I'd just stick with sprint same thing pretty much .just no need to unlock .
    you do realize that apple will sell you an iphone that is unlocked right from the start? without any carrier. it's more expensive, sure, but you can buy one free and clear of any obligations. just go to store.apple.com.

meh i been w/ tmo sicne voicestream and had the first gen iphone w/ them when it was out... honestly never lived beyond edge speeds, but i live in nyc so i get good service regardless cept spotty data sometimes when surrounded by buildings. and im still on the grandfathered tzone unlimited data plan for 8/month

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast