Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Seeking Sales Ban of Eight Samsung Devices In Lieue of Verdict

Default Apple Seeking Sales Ban of Eight Samsung Devices In Lieue of Verdict

Apple, not satisfied with the $1.05 billion dollars in damages, asked a U.S. court to ban the sale of eight Samsung devices Monday.

In the filing with the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California Apple asked for preliminary injunctions against seven different Galaxy branded Samsung smartphones in addition to the Droid Charge. Apple is requesting the preliminary injunction pending a final injunction.

Apple’s request is based off of last Friday's verdict that Samsung had infringed on numerous Apple patents. The infringing phones in question are as follows: Galaxy S 4G, Galaxy S2 AT&T, Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Galaxy S2 T-Mobile, Galaxy S2 Epic 4G, Galaxy S Showcase, Galaxy Prevail and Droid Charge. Notably the Samsung Galaxy S III is absent from the list. Expect Apple to rectify that in the near future with yet another lawsuit.

Samsung asked the courts to lift one preliminary injunction already in place prohibiting the sale of the Galaxy Tab 10.1, which Judge Lucy Koh granted per Apple’s request in June. Samsung’s request isn’t surprising considering the lone patent the jury decided Samsung didn’t violate involved Apple’s iPad.

If Apple is granted the requested preliminary injunctions Samsung will undoubtedly speed up the appeals process to prevent further damage to their devices in the retail environment as well as the company’s share price in the marketplace.

Source: PC World
    Last edited by blkcadi; 08-28-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Apple's taking over... Kind of reminds me of Cyberdyne in the Terminator movies Lol...

The Droid Charge should have been banned from ever being sold - what a turd that thing was. Are any of these devices in production anymore? lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

So a slider phone was a copy of the iPhone as well... It seems like this lawsuit should be against google when we are talking about OS icons, isn't that controlled by Android the OS? These aren't even the latest phones so this doesn't seem to do much to current/future profits. So stupid...

Apple needs Samsung still though...sure there are others who could make parts, but Apple relies on others including Samsung to make iPhones.
    Samsung, Apple Won't Want to Damage Parts Deal - Asia Business News - CNBC

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
    So a slider phone was a copy of the iPhone as well... It seems like this lawsuit should be against google when we are talking about OS icons, isn't that controlled by Android the OS? These aren't even the latest phones so this doesn't seem to do much to current/future profits. So stupid...

Apple needs Samsung still though...sure there are others who could make parts, but Apple relies on others including Samsung to make iPhones.
    Samsung, Apple Won't Want to Damage Parts Deal - Asia Business News - CNBC
    No, the icons are from Samsung's Touchwiz, not android.

Idk why apple is erradicating the competition how long will it go on? I wish someone just invented a bad *** phone that just killed the iphone and was nothing like it so they can stop their lawsuits i love the iphone i dont appreciate apple trying to be the only choice in phones though

I'm starting to really hate Apple, their greed has no boundaries

Apple needs to quit being a little *****. Think I'll buy an S3 now just to feel like sticking it to em lol

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

GO! Apple

Apple needs to stop being a little *****.

Quote Originally Posted by HomieG35 View Post
    Apple needs to stop being a little *****.
    Then buy an S3 and leave us alone ! We don't need people hating on Apple ! De-activate your account as well

And guys, why wasn't the S3 included in the list of devices that infringed Apple patents in court ?
    Last edited by Serge96; 08-28-2012 at 04:22 AM.

I think Bell should sue Apple for using its patented telephone idea lol. And the Apple logo was stolen from an orchard somewhere.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

How on Earth can some of you call Apple greedy for defending themselves and the late Steve Jobs?! They are trying to protect what is rightfully theirs. It's not about the money, you really think 1 billion is ANYTHING to Apple? If someone stole from you, would you not want to crush them? And make them pay for stealing from you?? I know I would, it's human.

For all of you saying Apple is fulfilling "the terminator prophecy", the most logical thing for Apple to do would be stopping this un-ending war, and leave their pride, and other human emotions at the door. But that's not the case. Apple continues to fight, over a matter of principle, not to "eradicate" others. If you want to call anyone Cyberdyne, let it be Samsung...they are the ones making a mass amount of clones, "droids", and simply not adhering to the laws put in place by humans.
    El Zurdo

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    How on Earth can some of you call Apple greedy for defending themselves and the late Steve Jobs?! They are trying to protect what is rightfully theirs. It's not about the money, you really think 1 billion is ANYTHING to Apple? If someone stole from you, would you not want to crush them? And make them pay for stealing from you?? I know I would, it's human.

For all of you saying Apple is fulfilling "the terminator prophecy", the most logical thing for Apple to do would be stopping this un-ending war, and leave their pride, and other human emotions at the door. But that's not the case. Apple continues to fight, over a matter of principle, not to "eradicate" others. If you want to call anyone Cyberdyne, let it be Samsung...they are the ones making a mass amount of clones, "droids", and simply not adhering to the laws put in place by humans.
    +1

I dont care if they copy off each other a little all i want is a good looking phone with specs, i mean im still happy with my iphone 4 its a little laggy but that because i got so much crap on it lol
    If jailbreaking didnt exsit on the phone alot less people would by it tbh

This is steve jobs talking about stealing
    “Picasso had a saying - 'good artists copy, great artists steal' - and we have always been shameless about stealing great ideas.”
    ― Walter Isaacson, Steve Jobs

The Bible
    Thou shall not steal is one of the Ten Commandments,[1] of the Torah (the Pentateuch), which are widely understood as moral imperatives by legal scholars, Jewish scholars, Catholic scholars, and Post-Reformation scholars

Anyway i guess my point is Samsung needs to become a better artist, i applaud them for challenging apple though, while all the others stood on the sidelines. I cant wait to support some guy who decides to challenge apple for using their tweaks in a software update. im sure you people can name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Serge96 View Post
    Then buy an S3 and leave us alone ! We don't need people hating on Apple ! De-activate your account as well

And guys, why wasn't the S3 included in the list of devices that infringed Apple patents in court ?
    Who exactly are you again? I really don't care but just wanted to be introduced to the guy I tell to go f-off!

Are you really that big of a twat that you feel you can tell people what to do?

Apple needs to get over it and move on. Their **** attitude is really starting to remind me of douche bags like Serge96.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GooseG's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YourRegrets View Post
    I cant wait to support some guy who decides to challenge apple for using their tweaks in a software update. im sure you people can name a few.
    Tweak makers can't sue apple for that. Apple owns the original software and can do whatever they want.

Industries copy each other all the time, this is nothing new. You guys need to remember that if it was up to Apple, this forum will probably not even exist, Remember modmyiphone.com? Remember Apple trying to make jailbreaking illegal? Just because they make good hardware doesn't mean there a good company.

Yes, Apple could care less about 1b dollars. They want phones like the S3 off the market ASAP. Things like this is why people hate Apple, they are control freaks.

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    Who exactly are you again? I really don't care but just wanted to be introduced to the guy I tell to go f-off!

Are you really that big of a twat that you feel you can tell people what to do?

Apple needs to get over it and move on. Their **** attitude is really starting to remind me of douche bags like Serge96.
    Oh really ? When you spend months trying to come up with a cool product that appeals to everyone, and then BAM someone copies it and takes all the credits. Yeah you're right ! Apple shouldnt defend itself ! It should let Samesung alone. Says the guy whose username can't be pronounced.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast