+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Seeking Sales Ban of Eight Samsung Devices In Lieue of Verdict

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
To rkswat - If some one steals from you which the court agrees how can you accuse Apple of being a douche bag? Needless to say we all know what
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

To rkswat - If some one steals from you which the court agrees how can you accuse Apple of being a douche bag? Needless to say we all know what you are. I cannot understand why our fellow Americans support an oversea conglomerate, a company whose Chairman just got out of jail several years ago for bribing the nation's President.

Green Apple
    Thanks

this is sick!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    How on Earth can some of you call Apple greedy for defending themselves and the late Steve Jobs?! They are trying to protect what is rightfully theirs. It's not about the money, you really think 1 billion is ANYTHING to Apple? If someone stole from you, would you not want to crush them? And make them pay for stealing from you?? I know I would, it's human.

For all of you saying Apple is fulfilling "the terminator prophecy", the most logical thing for Apple to do would be stopping this un-ending war, and leave their pride, and other human emotions at the door. But that's not the case. Apple continues to fight, over a matter of principle, not to "eradicate" others. If you want to call anyone Cyberdyne, let it be Samsung...they are the ones making a mass amount of clones, "droids", and simply not adhering to the laws put in place by humans.
    Rightfull theirs? Was apple the first one to create a touch screen phone? Were they the first one to create a rectangular phone with rounded corners and a touch screen? Because I distinctly remember my T-Mobile wing was rectangular with rounded corners and had a touch screen. Was it as good and responsive as the iPhone? No, but that's what technology advancement does. It takes something that already exists and further enhances it. But apple decides to stop any of that by taking advantage of a broken system. You look at patent D '087 and tell me how the Droid Charge infringes on it. Because the phone looks nothing like an iPhone, yet it still infringed on the iPhone design patent.

But you're right, the iPhone would've never had multi tasking, drop down notifications, weather widgets, copy & paste, camera option from lock screen, wireless syncs, split tablet keyboard, OTA updates, etc..if apple would've never invented them so Android can steal these ideas.

Thanks

Im all for product protection and all that..I just don't need to see court drama every time i go to modmyi. I mean i could watch Judge Judy for this BS. These stories should be links(if you want to read them) and nothing more. 90% of the articles are court related...BOOOOO!

Livin the iPhone Life Dark_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha kills me how people just leave out the fact that apple stole the iPhone design. You people need to get a clue on apples history. They have been stealing other company's ideas since they started but oh I guess that don't matter does it? Apple has infringed on so many patents it's rediculous. Do I really care?no Cuz I do like my iPhone and iMac, and iPad 3, and iPod lol. But nonetheless apple was built on thievery, you folks are just blind or ignorant I guess. Btw ignorant does not mean stupid, means has no knowledge of something.

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This smells like monopoly to me... I will not directly defend or accuse but at some point you have to stop and ask your self if there is any possible way that Apple invented iPhone from zero... short answer, No. They them selves took some of the past mobile ideas, prettied them up and bam we have an iPhone. There is one difference between then and now; Most of what they prettied wasn't patented. Apple realizes this patents the crap out of everything and the society/courts accept this.

Yes it is very true, some of Samsung phones resemble iPhones but iPhone resembled a few mobile devices when it came out as well. But as I said not one was thinking patents back then otherwise we wouldn't have an iPhone now. No one has stolen nothing from anyone here but our court system.
    Hit the thanks button if I helped in any way

Livin the iPhone Life Dark_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Btw what all has apple stole from google? Most of the things that make the iPhone worth using.

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattme11 View Post
    I dont care if they copy off each other a little all i want is a good looking phone with specs, i mean im still happy with my iphone 4 its a little laggy but that because i got so much crap on it lol
    If jailbreaking didnt exsit on the phone alot less people would by it tbh
    Wrong, jailbreakers and hackers only add up to maybe 1% of users. If a jailbreak did not exist, Apple would still be fine. If you were to leave, there would be 2000 people ready to take your place.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Serge96 View Post
    Oh really ? When you spend months trying to come up with a cool product that appeals to everyone, and then BAM someone copies it and takes all the credits. Yeah you're right ! Apple shouldnt defend itself ! It should let Samesung alone. Says the guy whose username can't be pronounced.
    My statement directed at you had nothing to do with apple/sammy battle but every thing to do with you telling someone to go away, buy an S3, delete their account. Apple is a douche too but at least they backing of billions..... where does that leave you without the billions?

Banned
    Thanks

Apple really need to GROW UP!
    They already won the court case and are gettting 1 billion dollars. HOW do you think Samsung will get that money if they have no items to sell?
    I say BOYCOTT Apple as they suck as a company and their devices arn't that good as there are better devices out there but it looks like not for too much longer.

How about we make a day worldwide where we buy NOTHING from Apple and buy something from Samsung instead. Make it an anonymous protest against Apple for being a little b1tch and not playing fair.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

"lieu" is misspelled.

As for Apple going after sales bans - hardly a shocker there. I've owned iphones for years now, and shenanigans like these make me seriously consider switching to an S3

Green Apple
    Thanks

One day all of this is going to come back and bite Apple in the bum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    My statement directed at you had nothing to do with apple/sammy battle but every thing to do with you telling someone to go away, buy an S3, delete their account. Apple is a douche too but at least they backing of billions..... where does that leave you without the billions?
    And i'm the douche. HAHA. I believe you don't have a mirror in your house.

Green Apple
    Thanks

One day in the fullness of time all this will come back and bite Apple on the bum

Thanks

What i was saying is thay the patents apple is suing for are not of a technological breakthrough which means they are suing to be the only choice in smart phones with touch screens since samsung is competing with them greatly they sue them. You dont see tv companys suing each other over similarities because its ridiculous and this is what this is becoming...i love the iphone but if there wasnt a similar product what would we do? Buy an iphone and THAT is what apple wants u think they care about the shape of another device? Or similar features? They are trying to cut our choices so that more people buy iphones or ipads instead of a competing product
    Last edited by Mrinfame; 08-28-2012 at 11:44 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrrtps View Post
    this is sick!!!!
    Take em for all you can Apple do not let the bastards win stealing from someones patten is a crime. Steve is looking down on his company with a great big smile!

Thanks

Got them hurt now go in for the kill.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Serge96 View Post
    Then buy an S3 and leave us alone ! We don't need people hating on Apple ! De-activate your account as well

And guys, why wasn't the S3 included in the list of devices that infringed Apple patents in court ?
    Shut up. Apple isn't going to give you some of that billion dollars money. Just be happy with you phone you retard.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    Take em for all you can Apple do not let the bastards win stealing from someones patten is a crime. Steve is looking down on his company with a great big smile!

You mean looking up.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
    So a slider phone was a copy of the iPhone as well... It seems like this lawsuit should be against google when we are talking about OS icons, isn't that controlled by Android the OS? These aren't even the latest phones so this doesn't seem to do much to current/future profits. So stupid...

Apple needs Samsung still though...sure there are others who could make parts, but Apple relies on others including Samsung to make iPhones.
    Samsung, Apple Won't Want to Damage Parts Deal - Asia Business News - CNBC
    ..oh because the media even knows what they are talking about. This isn't conspiracy media just chooses sides based on the views and attention they will get.

Btw at times like these Samsung needs apple one of their biggest clients just as much as apple maybe even more.