Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook Reportedly Outlaws iPhones at Work

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Facebook Reportedly Outlaws iPhones at Work

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg sounds more like a sheriff in the wild west these days. According to new reports coming to light from inside of the company, Facebook is cracking down on employees who bring iPhones to work.

Despite what this reality suggests, Mark Zuckerberg doesn't hate the iPhone (as we all know, he idolizes late Apple chief Steve Jobs). But Zuck does, apparently, hate how the iPhone's influence is taking his team's focus off of Android.

Just last week, Facebook finally rolled out its long-awaited refreshed iOS app, which dramatically improved upon the atrociously slow, crash-happy iOS app it had kept on the market for far too long. Now, Zuckerberg says, it's time for Android to get Facebook's full attention.

Facebook is on a mission to improve its Android app, going so far as to order employees to leave their iPhones at home and use the rival platform to get more familiar with it. Business Insider reports Facebook is taking this approach, citing as sources ex-Facebook employees and people familiar with the goings-on inside the Menlo Park company.
    "In order to test our mobile products employees need access to specific devices to test on different platforms (iOS, Android)," a representative of Facebook said. "This is obviously different from testing on the Web (where it doesn't matter what kind computer you have)."

As of this writing, it isn't clear when the Android Facebook app will be updated to the extent of last week's Facebook iOS app.

Sources: Business Insider, LA Times

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

iOS gets all the goodies first Nice to see that the Facebook people love iPhones lol.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

So employees who own an iPhone should leave it at home and buy an Android phone ? O.o

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,536 Times in 919 Posts

I'd tell zuckerburg to do one

Dudes a thief anyway ... Steals his roommates idea and makes billions. Yea he's a lot like Steve jobs in that aspect.

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

Default iOS
    That would explain why the iPhone Facebook app sucks, they can't even test the software before they ship it.

Quote Originally Posted by Serge96 View Post
    So employees who own an iPhone should leave it at home and buy an Android phone ? O.o
    Well for one facebook is probably paying for those android phones. Second they will get top quality androids for free because they need to get familiar with the most popular platforms like the droid razors etc. Third facebook probably pays these people so much they will be happy with temporary changes

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ninja View Post
    Dudes a thief anyway ... Steals his roommates idea and makes billions. Yea he's a lot like Steve jobs in that aspect.
    +1

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,980 Times in 6,537 Posts

He didn't steal from his roommates.

And they got paid in the end.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

He should actually look at the iPhone app that his developers have created. It SUCKS !!! Facebook just doesn't do mobile well at all.

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    iOS gets all the goodies first Nice to see that the Facebook people love iPhones lol.
    Yes! iOS gets it all first. Like SMS, copy & paste & multitasking.... Oh wait.... NOT!.... You obviously haven't owned an iPhone for very long.

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Yes! iOS gets it all first. Like SMS, copy & paste & multitasking.... Oh wait.... NOT!.... You obviously haven't owned an iPhone for very long.
    Think he meant apps!! The iPhone does get better apps first, although does sometimes get missed cause of apples over controlling lock down

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Errr...didn't think he wrote an offensive comment.
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

He seems like a feminine hygiene product and the bag it came in if he's doing that.

Like....Samsung.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ferris419's Avatar
    Thanks

thats funny they have to be forced to use an android device....... who gives a **** about facebook anyway>?

Thanks

I'd bring it to work anyway. Your job cannot tell you what phone brand to bring..BS.

Should anyone be surprised? I mean, you develop multi-platform apps, you might as well be familiar with the devices your writing code for. iOS and Android are two totally different operating systems, that function way differently from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I'd bring it to work anyway. Your job cannot tell you what phone brand to bring..BS.
    In corporate companies you must have more than 1 phone, I my my personal phone 4s and my company provided me galaxy s3 on the same network on my iphone and another gs3 on different network, so far gs3 is the best phone ive ever had

LOL at some of these comments. I'm sure their employer or Google/Samsung or any other company that makes phones for the AVOID OS....I mean ANDROID, would be providing the devices to these employees. Besides, with the exception of a few things, you can basically do the same thing on an iPhone w/ an ANDROID product. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A FEW THINGS.

And I wouldn't really call it forced. Its their job to create and maintain their product. Makes sense to familiarize yourself w/ a device that you are creating an app for.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast