+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Shares Down 7 Percent After Verdict, Possible Sales Ban Still Looming

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
A Jury may have awarded Apple $1 billion in damages, but the market is already piling on in the first day of trading after the decision. Samsung shares are down
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Samsung Shares Down 7 Percent After Verdict, Possible Sales Ban Still Looming

A Jury may have awarded Apple $1 billion in damages, but the market is already piling on in the first day of trading after the decision.

Samsung shares are down seven percent marking the largest single-day decline in just under five years for the company. While Samsung likely expected to take a hit, this is only the first day after the decision, and the appeals process hasn’t even started. Not to mention a possible sales ban still looms over the case which could further punish the company’s stock.

"An adjustment in the next few days is unavoidable as the damage amount was much bigger than market expectations, and there are further uncertainties, such as the possibility of a sales ban." — John Park, from Daishin Securities.
    Even if the appeals process fails and Samsung puts the case behind them the Galaxy S 3 phone could still be targeted by Apple in a future suit. If Apple could successfully win a sales ban on Samsung’s flagship phone, the damage could be increasingly severe.

However, Apple should think twice before crippling one of their largest and most reliable component suppliers.

Source: BBC

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This won't hurt how well they supply apple.. If anything it will cause them to supply apple better because of the need for money.

Also Samsung should think twice before trying to sue one of their biggest clients. And should also think twice about knowingly infringing patents

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    This won't hurt how well they supply apple.. If anything it will cause them to supply apple better because of the need for money.

Also Samsung should think twice before trying to sue one of their biggest clients. And should also think twice about knowingly infringing patents
    I thought Apple sued Samsung first, then Samsung sued Apple...

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

What I want to happen us for google to take over Samsung and send Apple a bug *** middle finger.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,056 Times in 1,696 Posts

I'm hoping to see the S3 fall to $ 99 before the 5 hits. I'm sure they don't want to get stuck with hundreds of thousands of unsold units so dumping them now makes sense to me.
    Last edited by Just Dummy; 08-27-2012 at 01:02 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    I'm hoping to see the S3 fall to $ 99 before the 5 hits. I'm sure they don't want to get stuck with hundreds of thousands of unsold units so dumping them now makes sense to me.
    I'm highly doubting that one. It would be nice though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It maybe impossible that this thing will happen. But who knows? All of us will be happy.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Um... Apple sued Samsung first. Hey, if you can't beat them, sue THEM!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So true! Now this is actually obvious (unlike apple designs) but the Brits don't seem to understand that yet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoReaper View Post
    So true! Now this is actually obvious (unlike apple designs) but the Brits don't seem to understand that yet.
    Please correct your self on that! I am Scottish and I see that Samsung not only copied apple but done so purely to sell phones cause apple came up with a simple reliable phone that changed market rules! And Samsung ain't stupid apple is one of their biggest customers and divisions that supply apple will continue to do so! That won't stop Samsung continue to over turn this judgment though! And going by the memo they sent staff today they seem to be still crying!

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Um... Apple sued Samsung first. Hey, if you can't beat them, sue THEM!!
    I fixed your post for you...
    "Um... Apple sued Samsung first. Hey, if they copy all your designs, sue THEM!!"
    Last edited by luvmytj; 08-27-2012 at 07:24 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    I fixed your post for you...
    "Um... Apple sued Samsung first. Hey, if they copy all your designs, sue THEM!!"
    Do you hear of companies suing each other like this when it comes to TVs? DVD players? PCs? Watches? All these items have many similarities and there's only so many ways you can design them. At this point Samsung marketshare is bigger than apples, and apple is simply trying to stop them at all cost. I own the iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4s & soon the 5. Just because I like apples "mobile" devices doesn't mean I have to like them as a company. The reason Apple has given us what we want on our phones, is because of companies like Samsung. If it wasn't for competition we would still be waiting for SMS or copy & paste on the iPhone. Stop being such fanboys.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you hear of companies suing each other like this when it comes to TVs? DVD players? PCs? Watches? All these items have many similarities and there's only so many ways you can design them. At this point Samsung marketshare is bigger than apples, and apple is simply trying to stop them at all cost. I own the iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4s & soon the 5. Just because I like apples "mobile" devices doesn't mean I have to like them as a company. The reason Apple has given us what we want on our phones, is because of companies like Samsung. If it wasn't for competition we would still be waiting for SMS or copy & paste on the iPhone. Stop being such fanboys.
    Yes, yes I do.

Thanks

1 Billion + would hurt anyone or business. That's a no brainer..not to mention its not over. I'd like to see some priced drops also..get your profit with volume. Guess we shall see.

Thanks

You hit the cherry bro! 99% of apple fanboys would never have a thought of that! They love to ride on the hate fad, I as well owned ipod, 3g/s ip4/s ipad 1&2 but I dont like apple as a company! I owned galaxy 10.1 too and galaxy s2, lately just bought a galaxy s3 and man s3 can slap iphone 4s all day long!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

High hopes? The Samsung Galaxy S3 is not going to drop in price. The iOS platform is lame and outdated. Apple products should drop down a few hundred dollars instead.
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    Please correct your self on that! I am Scottish and I see that Samsung not only copied apple but done so purely to sell phones cause apple came up with a simple reliable phone that changed market rules! And Samsung ain't stupid apple is one of their biggest customers and divisions that supply apple will continue to do so! That won't stop Samsung continue to over turn this judgment though! And going by the memo they sent staff today they seem to be still crying!
    I'm just being spiteful against the British court system because Judge Colin Birss considered Apple designs obvious... The greatest ideas always seem obvious, after someone else comes up with the idea and markets it.
    Last edited by NeoReaper; 08-27-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life Dark_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Totally agree, Google should sue apple for stealing the sending pic messages part of SMS as well. How long did it take for apple to actually have a good mms app?years! Oh and how long did it take for apple to have custom ringtones? Years. So yes apple did copy a lot of googled ideas too

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Glocknine View Post
    You hit the cherry bro! 99% of apple fanboys would never have a thought of that! They love to ride on the hate fad, I as well owned ipod, 3g/s ip4/s ipad 1&2 but I dont like apple as a company! I owned galaxy 10.1 too and galaxy s2, lately just bought a galaxy s3 and man s3 can slap iphone 4s all day long!
    I actually think the jailbreak community had more to do with this than Samsung and their phones or the android os. I believe all the truly inspiring innovations and features appeared via jailbreak first. .

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

lol you moron... Apple has patented the technology... btw there are lawsuits by tv companies etc. And to top it off Tv companies etc. license their patents to competitors for a price too.

oh and apple cant beat samsung? are you serious is that why they are worth billions more? yeah get to know your facts ignorant people

btw the "apple sued samsung first" makes no difference. Apple will lose way less from suing samsung than samsung suing them and losing them as a client...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrteacup For This Useful Post:

luvmytj (08-27-2012)