Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Tweaks of the Week 8/20 - 8/26

Default Best Tweaks of the week 8/20 - 8/26

Here are the best jailbreak creations for the week of August 20th until today, August 26th as per the opinion of our staff. This is a weekly recap.

1. Dash - $1.99

Dash is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer SBCoders that frees us from the disturbingly boring App Switcher that Apple gives us. The new multitasking interface called Dash brings us all new animations, full-screen application switching, and high attention to cosmetic detail. Dash in invoked using Activator and can effectively replace the sock application switcher. Swiping up on applications from the interface will close them from the background and swiping to the right on the title bar will launch your media controls for listening to music. If you hate Apple’s App Switcher, you should check Dash out!

2. MissionBoard - FREE

MissionBoard is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer John Coates. In direct competition with Dash this week, MissionBoard brings us a full-screen multitasking interface that looks great. The difference is that MissionBoard is free and has a 2x2 layout instead of a single application at a time. MissionBoard is operated vertically and includes features for closing out of applications, but does not have music controls. If you like Dash, but don’t have any money at the moment, MissionBoard is a great tweak to check out.

3. StatusBulletin - FREE

StatusBulletin is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS development firm dba Technologies, LLC. StatusBulletin is a project based off of Ryan Petrich’s DietBulletin that improves iOS’ notification banners by making them not only smaller, but more functional by having the text within them scroll from right to left so you can read the whole notification and not just a part of it. It comes with many options for colors and content so you can use the tweak the way you want to use it. Tweaks that shrink the notification banners are useful for when you’re in an interface with a back button and the banner gets in the way and makes you wait. Be sure to give this tweak a try and let us know what you think!

4. CamTime - FREE

CamTime is a free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Vladislav Korotnev that brings timed photographs to the stock Camera application on your iPhone. This allows you to set up your iPhone from afar and quickly get into the shot before your iPhone snaps the picture after a pre-defined amount of seconds. This tweak is a must-have for anyone that has a lot of family get-togethers or just loves photography. It’s a shame that Apple hasn’t already implemented a timed-photograph feature in the Camera application already and with the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S having flat sides, it’s easy to stand them up just right and hop into a shot!

Stay tuned for next week's best tweaks - only on Modmyi!

If you missed last week's best tweaks of the week, you can view our article from this link.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Laxu (08-31-2012)

I didn't like mission board. As soon as I installed it, my apps kept on crashing way too much.

They look cool.

No offense to the creators, but do we really need another bulletin board tweak?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,755 Times in 892 Posts

I think this is probably the wrong time to buy tweaks. With iOS6 so close you can taste it, who's to say that these tweaks will be updated to work?

This is cool... Oh! I love free app! lol

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Dash is cool love the app

My iPhone is a Part of Me s22lane's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,355 Times in 558 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    No offense to the creators, but do we really need another bulletin board tweak?
    No offense to commenters...but do we really need another irrelevant opinion?

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

I love mission board especially with the closing of apps. Makes it much easier than the stock one Apple uses. I am gonna try out dash as well and see what I like better.

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    I didn't like mission board. As soon as I installed it, my apps kept on crashing way too much.
    I'm wondering if that is the reason some of my apps keep closing on launch.
    Yesterday FB closed 9x on me on launch! WTF? I thought it was the FB update.

"disturbingly boring"?????

F'r Gawd's sake, its Yet Another Multitasking Tweak. Not the second coming.

Some of us really are bored this weekend. (Then again, some of us have a hurricane and a major political convention in their back yard. Which is more destructive, is left as an exercise for the reader.)

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Installed dash and yes it is pretty cool, but I kinda like mission board a little better. Dash seems to lag a bit,not really that smooth.
    Maybe with an update it will be a little smoother and fluid.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I dont like Dash. Its cool but when you close all the apps in dash they are still in your app switcher.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

I used Dash for a few days. It was a good app, but miserable on available RAM, causing many of my apps to crash. Definitely needs work, any multitasking app should not be 4 MB large.

I have the exact same problem like padgoi so i removed dash.