Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dash is Finally Live in Cydia

Default Dash is Finally Live in Cydia

About a week ago we previewed a new multitasking interface called Dash by iOS developer SBCoders. Dash is an eye-candy switcher for applications running in the background and everything is shown in a gorgeous full-screen interface. It comes with multiple animations and is opened with an Activator action of your choice.

Dash is finally live in Cydia after a week of beta refining for a price of $1.99 in the ModMyi repository. Since our demonstration of the beta version of Dash, some small changes have been made. For example, Dash now supports media controls, which can be invoked by swiping right on the title bar of the interface. The media controls look just as gorgeous as the application switcher alternative itself. The media controls are shown below:

In addition, the preferences pane has been tweaked just a little bit, but not much. The developer has taken the liberty of marking animations that use a lot of memory with asterisks so that you can be prepared to handle some performance issues if your device's memory is nearly full and you choose one of these demanding animations. The stock animation is not as demanding as the rest and you will find very little lagging with it. In the preferences pane, you will also find a FAQ link; the preferences pane is shown below:

The new application switcher is an improvement over Apple’s version in both terms of appearance and functionality. Instead of just little application icons, you are seeing screenshots of the applications you were just in, which to a user, makes it easier to recognize what you were doing last.

Name: Dash
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0.0
    Requirements: iOS 5
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: SBCoders
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Interesting.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks sweet...would love it on the iPad.

4.5/5....Have you ever given a 5? If so..which tweaks? A "Best of" list would be a cool article.....Just a thought!
    El Zurdo

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Gonna have to check this out

Been waiting a week for this one. Just got it, works as advertised. VERY clean app, looks great, easy to set up and use. I just hope it will work on the new iOS and phone coming out in a month or two- I'm taking it easy with new purchases because every time we get a new OS or phone some of the best tweaks fall by the wayside. Fingers crossed on this one.

Oh, and btw, let's keep THIS thread on topic, ok? No more crazy thread-knapping, please!!

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Looks sweet...would love it on the iPad.

4.5/5....Have you ever given a 5? If so..which tweaks? A "Best of" list would be a cool article.....Just a thought!
    I think this tweak has the potential for a 5/5, but there is some obvious animation slowness that should be kinked out before I'll give it a perfect score.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,393 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I think this tweak has the potential for a 5/5, but there is some obvious animation slowness that should be kinked out before I'll give it a perfect score.
    Hey Anthony,
    Can u port my recent posts on the previous thread to this one?

will this eat battery life?

Does this work with zephyr ??

This is quite interesting! I like this! Gonna check this out right away!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sknet View Post
    will this eat battery life?
    Depending on what ya settings are it could drain it pretty good.

Not so far on an i4. The heavy-use animations are marked with an asterisk, so don't use them and you should be fine.

Can't find it on repo

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It has a memory leak, I installed it today and my free ram counts down to around 40mb from 250mb with no apps running. Uninstalled it and all is well, avoid!!

Thanks

can anyone compare to the free missionboard that came out last week?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    can anyone compare to the free missionboard that came out last week?
    I can't, because I can't get two apps open at the same time. One of them quits due to low memory. Safari constantly crashes as well.

Anybody tried it with KillBackround?
    Its nice. But if u cant use it with other tweaks no use

Thanks
    Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,393 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by traktor03 View Post
    Anybody tried it with KillBackround?
    Its nice. But if u cant use it with other tweaks no use
    KillBackground isn't accessible if u use this w/ Activator method: Home Button - Double Tap

Waiting… so is Developer for ModMyi to fix the Repo. Apparently iPad only. Not in Repo for iPhones. Yet. Come on boys. Get it together
    If you find my Postings useful or interesting. Press the .... Thanks Button.

Thanks

This app is a memory hog... Plus it not better than Missionboard. Can't close out apps and you have to swipe to see other apps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast