+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dash is Finally Live in Cydia

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Here's my demo of it! ***FYI, I edited the background already http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adw_a...e_gdata_player
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 778 Posts

Here's my demo of it!
    ***FYI, I edited the background already

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adw_a...e_gdata_player

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tunechi View Post
    This app is a memory hog... Plus it not better than Missionboard. Can't close out apps and you have to swipe to see other apps.
    You can close out of applications. You need to swipe up on them to do so.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Noted two significant problems besides any memory issues: Does not kill Apps - all my apps are still running after "killing" them by sliding icon up. And does not show all the running apps - missing some running 3rd party apps - the built-ins seem to be shown when running. It's a nice App, will be good someday, but it's not ready yet.

Thanks

I'm not having issues with either memory usage or battery usage. Had one crash to Safemode, but that was while playing with SBSettings to check memory. Memory is about 346mb on my i4, about what I expect with no apps except Phone "on." With 4-5 apps open, I show about 270mb, which is what I was getting before this tweak. Oh, and I am now using one of the asterisked animations, which apparently require more memory usage (started out with the lower-usage ones, then "moved up").

It DOES close out apps, you just have to swipe upwards from about 1/3 up from the bottom in the open app screen (NOT from the bottom of the phone).

I tried Missionboard, did not like it and removed it immediately. This looks better, and seems to work better. Of course it costs 2 bucks, but seems a small price to pay for such an elegant tweak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Visually a nice app but I prefer multiflow as it feels quicker.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i downloaded it but plz guys i dont know how to use so plz someone tell me how to use it

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Memo2001 View Post
    i downloaded it but plz guys i dont know how to use so plz someone tell me how to use it
    You need to set a gesture in activator. I used double tap of the home button.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 778 Posts

I've ditched Dash for now. Too buggy on my ip4S...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am also finding it to use far more memory than say CardSwitcher....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skiptowncat View Post
    You need to set a gesture in activator. I used double tap of the home button.
    thanks i did it

Thanks

Well I do not know if anyone has the same opinion as me.. But this always happens with almost every tweak, that is: many of the tweak are a bit expensive but we accept it since they've a big potential to be great. However it always stops there: in the possibility o being something good. I am saying this because the developers only publish 1 or 2 updates and many of the tweaks will never work properly.

Conclusion: you pay 2-15$ for a bunch of tweaks (each) that will never work properly. And we wait and wait for a REAL update that will never come.

If needed I can give alot of exemples that i've installed on my phone and had to delete them since that they never worked correctly (this one included).

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BarnettR View Post
    Noted two significant problems besides any memory issues: Does not kill Apps - all my apps are still running after "killing" them by sliding icon up. And does not show all the running apps - missing some running 3rd party apps - the built-ins seem to be shown when running. It's a nice App, will be good someday, but it's not ready yet.

Ok I deleted this tweak, very choppy animations and lo and behold, it does NOT close out the apps running in background. Went back to mission board, much much better and when I reinstalled mission board, it shows that I had 31 apps open?!?!? Wtf?

Although it looks cool, it needs much work!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12