+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'CamTime' Lets You Take Timed Photographs With Your iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'CamTime' Lets You Take Timed Photographs With Your iPhone

If you have ever been disappointed by not being able to take a picture of yourself with your family at an event because you were stuck behind the iPhone taking the picture, then you need timed camera functionality. A timed camera will give you the ability to hop into the scene before your iPhone snaps the picture. Luckily, a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed CamTime by iOS developer Vladislav Korotnev gives you this functionality in your stock Camera application.

As outlined above, the tweak adds a button to the interface of the Camera application that, when tapped, opens a prompt that asks you input an amount in seconds. When you choose the amount of seconds you want, the Camera will not take a photograph until the amount of seconds you chose are up. This gives you just enough time to slip into a photograph, or time a photograph perfectly. If you decide you don't want to take a picture, the tweak comes with an emergency stop button to cancel the timed photograph.

Since the tweak assumes that you will be setting your device somewhere and taking a photograph without anyone holding your device, this is best done with an iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S, since these devices have flat edges and can be set down somewhere without falling. If you try to do this with an iPod touch, iPad, or older iPhone, the curved edge may cause the device to fall down and cause damage. For most people, this won't be an issue because the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S are very common devices and come with great cameras for taking pictures with.

Functionally, the tweak works excellently; however, it could do with a little work on appearance, as the button in the Camera application interface looks odd being there and the text field prompt has too much information in it, when all it needs to do is offer instructions. After these are cleaned up, this tweak would look as great as it works.

If you’re into iPhoneography – as some call it – set up your iPhone tripod and download this free tweak!

Name: CamTime
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.0-13
    Requirements: Camera
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Vladislav Korotnev
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

Thanks

Extremely Useful

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i would pay 50cents to take off the authors name when setting the time. probably a dollar haha

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

'bout time.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Micturition View Post
    i would pay 50cents to take off the authors name when setting the time. probably a dollar haha
    I do agree.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Micturition View Post
    I would too. But if I did I would probably also like a better looking button for the tweak. I don't see why he didn't just out the same looking style as the other buttons in ios like just a black out line of a clock/timer haha but either way it does its job

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, PictureMe is a similar 2011 paid tweak which still works on iOS5. It's rapid shot feature is a bit buggy and although it has never been updated past v1.0, the timer part works fine.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I like this app... By the way, I think this is free! I like more! Extremely cool app!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Gorillacam (free) has done this for years. Not much different than the stock app

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

crashes from lockscreen

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    crashes from lockscreen
    Not on my 4S.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    crashes from lockscreen
    That it does
    Proceed in safe mode or re-boot...

The GUI is off-center and rather ooogly looking. Not sure if that matters, or not. I'm off-center and ooogly.