Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Jury Decided Samsung Violated Apple Patents After the First Day of Deliberation

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Checksum47 View Post
    Capitalism is what makes the USA the terrible country it is. There is no doing anything for anyone else without thought of compensation. It is the exact opposite of Jesus's message. It is what will ultimately result in its downfall...
    Jesus's message is not and never was related to America, or american, despite what your local GOP office will tell you. The basic idea that you can come from nothing and become Steve Jobs is the american dream, and in its purest form, that is what humanity by nature strives towards. Without capitalism there is no Apple, there is no internet, and there is no innovation, and lack of capitalism is what lead to the downfall of Communism, which you seem so keen on. Ironically, Communism is secular, which makes everything youve said contradictory.

    A Jury of our peers is an essential part of common law, even if the jurors are idiots
    Last edited by ByteArt; 08-26-2012 at 04:40 PM.

  2. #22
    From all the sites that have been posting regarding these cases from around the world it seems like apple copied Samsung then took over the project very fast and came up with their own designs and by then Samsung fell behind and as they proceeded they fell into in infringement. Even thought apple was found guilty of that, that's the only infringement they faced then followed by Samsung getting hit right after another. Well what can you say, apple got more money to blow and with more money you simple win the case....that's how I see it.

  3. #23
    This is not a good thing for Apple when it comes to Appeal time. Not to mention the Head Juror made some pretty controversial comments as well. He was out to lose millions of this case made the notion that the software patent system is flawed.

    Jury of our peers is fantastic for Criminal defense but I'm not sure how it can possibly apply to such technical trials like this.

    This will get to the Supreme Court.

    Touchwiz was (still is but isn't a blatant iOS copy any more) a horrid Android Skinning. HTC Sense maybe bloated but it is beautiful to look at. If Judge Koh awards Triple Damages then we are all in trouble.

    I still have a hard time with the fact that most of the patents in this case (from both sides) were features that DO NOT drive sales. In fact, I'd argue they drove a sum total of ZERO device sells. I'd also like to see any damages awarded to phones that were not on AT&T at the time thrown out.
    Last edited by Breezer23; 08-26-2012 at 05:16 PM.

  4. #24
    iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    242
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts

    Ok y'all, we must keep it civil now. We are getting out of hand hear.

  5. #25
    ya i cant believe that there is a jury involved, shouldn't this be a civil case??

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Checksum47 View Post
    Capitalism is what makes the USA the terrible country it is. There is no doing anything for anyone else without thought of compensation. It is the exact opposite of Jesus's message. It is what will ultimately result in its downfall...
    What does Jesus have to do with America? I will answer that for you...NOTHING
    RIP Steve Jobs.. You changed the world

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by sammo123 View Post
    What does Jesus have to do with America? I will answer that for you...NOTHING
    Wrong bro! Our country was founded on Christianity, which is derived from Jesus Christ. Gettin off topic for a sec, why has it become an issue to be a Christian now, especially here in the last days ?

    Back in topic, this case did not need a jury. Most people have no idea about patents or technology to begin with. However idc I'm over this who's suing who crap, give me a great device with great software and I'm golden.

    http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Did Apple kill your parents or something, Batman? Settle down.
    Lmao!!! They must have "danced with the devil by the pale moonlight..."

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by sammo123 View Post
    What does Jesus have to do with America? I will answer that for you...NOTHING
    Jesus and his overall message has to do with everyone. The whole idea of capitalism is just another word for greed. Oh sure, without Capitalism you wouldn't have certain things. Certain things people like... But you also wouldn't have people living in the streets, people going bankrupt because they got sick and cannot afford millions in medical bills because of the wonderful medical system that capitalism has created. Sure in ANY society people have to make money. But there is a difference between making money and screwing over anyone in your way at any cost. I dont care if you invented a cure for Aids, Cancer or anything else. No one should be able to make billions of dollars and live in mansions in every city while people are starving and living in ratholes that the rich like to call apartments. While people are expected to be able to live and provide for their family on 8 dollars an hour. Its Capitalism that has made such huge differences in wealth possible.
    Capitalism has created companies like Microsoft, Apple and many others. Who then in turn use their vast piles of wealth to smother out any competition. To stay on top.
    Dont get me wrong. I like Apple products. But they are ridiculously overpriced. And if they keep up this type of behavior there wont be much in the way of innovation because other companies will be afraid to develop anything even remotely like a phone with a screen. If you like buying the same phone but with a different finish year after year because they added one or two things to the OS then good for you...

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Checksum47 View Post
    Jesus and his overall message has to do with everyone. The whole idea of capitalism is just another word for greed. Oh sure, without Capitalism you wouldn't have certain things. Certain things people like... But you also wouldn't have people living in the streets, people going bankrupt because they got sick and cannot afford millions in medical bills because of the wonderful medical system that capitalism has created. Sure in ANY society people have to make money. But there is a difference between making money and screwing over anyone in your way at any cost. I dont care if you invented a cure for Aids, Cancer or anything else. No one should be able to make billions of dollars and live in mansions in every city while people are starving and living in ratholes that the rich like to call apartments. While people are expected to be able to live and provide for their family on 8 dollars an hour. Its Capitalism that has made such huge differences in wealth possible.
    Capitalism has created companies like Microsoft, Apple and many others. Who then in turn use their vast piles of wealth to smother out any competition. To stay on top.
    Dont get me wrong. I like Apple products. But they are ridiculously overpriced. And if they keep up this type of behavior there wont be much in the way of innovation because other companies will be afraid to develop anything even remotely like a phone with a screen. If you like buying the same phone but with a different finish year after year because they added one or two things to the OS then good for you...
    Capitalism is not the downfall of our country, people with your attitude are. Without capitalism, you would have no medical system and most of us would be dead before 40.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Checksum47 View Post
    Jesus and his overall message has to do with everyone. The whole idea of capitalism is just another word for greed. Oh sure, without Capitalism you wouldn't have certain things. Certain things people like... But you also wouldn't have people living in the streets, people going bankrupt because they got sick and cannot afford millions in medical bills because of the wonderful medical system that capitalism has created. Sure in ANY society people have to make money. But there is a difference between making money and screwing over anyone in your way at any cost. I dont care if you invented a cure for Aids, Cancer or anything else. No one should be able to make billions of dollars and live in mansions in every city while people are starving and living in ratholes that the rich like to call apartments. While people are expected to be able to live and provide for their family on 8 dollars an hour. Its Capitalism that has made such huge differences in wealth possible.
    Capitalism has created companies like Microsoft, Apple and many others. Who then in turn use their vast piles of wealth to smother out any competition. To stay on top.
    Dont get me wrong. I like Apple products. But they are ridiculously overpriced. And if they keep up this type of behavior there wont be much in the way of innovation because other companies will be afraid to develop anything even remotely like a phone with a screen. If you like buying the same phone but with a different finish year after year because they added one or two things to the OS then good for you...
    +1

  12. #32
    Whoa- major off-topic. Back on or please, moderator, lock this sucker up!!!!

  13. #33
    This thread turned into a Christian soap opera.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by sammo123 View Post
    what does jesus have to do with america? I will answer that for you...nothing
    agree

  15. #35
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,051
    Thanks
    1,101
    Thanked 3,586 Times in 1,499 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by garfielgato2 View Post
    agree
    Off Topic:
    I guess that's why the U.S. currency says 'In God We Trust' because it has nothing to do w/ Jesus and/or Christianity.

    ....Brilliant....

    You guys amaze me more and more everyday!
    Last edited by thazsar; 08-26-2012 at 08:22 PM.

  16. #36
    Jesus! Apple! Android! Google! Capitalism! Rich people! Poor people! Potato!

    You guys sound ridiculous.

  17. #37
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,051
    Thanks
    1,101
    Thanked 3,586 Times in 1,499 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Jesus! Apple! Android! Google! Capitalism! Rich people! Poor people! Potato!

    You guys sound ridiculous.
    Hahahahaha!!!

  18. #38
    1. obviously, one doesn't need to be a genius or take more than a minute to see that samsung infringed on apple's patents.
    2. the internet was not created by capitalism, but by the u.s. army, which feeds off the public teat, both of which i am a part.
    3. i repeat: comments longer than one.point.five inches should be deleted.

  19. #39
    I heard that Jesus uses an iPhone. And he's a Commie.

    Give it up, guys, this thread has been hijacked by escapees from the asylum of irrationality. All we can hope is that they return there, and keep their irrationality bottled up and away from the rest of the sentient beings who favor rational thought and KEEPING ON THE FREAKING TOPIC!!!

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    I heard that Jesus uses an iPhone. And he's a Commie.

    Give it up, guys, this thread has been hijacked by escapees from the asylum of irrationality. All we can hope is that they return there, and keep their irrationality bottled up and away from the rest of the sentient beings who favor rational thought and KEEPING ON THE FREAKING TOPIC!!!
    +1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •