Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verdict In: Samsung Violated Apple Patents, Apple Awarded $1.05 Billion in Damages

I think Mercedez-Benz made one of the first, but it had three wheels. Could be wrong.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by td1439 View Post
    This is great news for Ford Motors. Now they can sue anyone who blatantly rips off design features on cars like using four wheels or an engine.
    Pretty much sums it up. lol good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    Pretty much sums it up. lol good stuff
    Good to see someone got the joke instead of nerd-raging about the history of the automobile.

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    a believe Apple is bigger than Google and Oil Companies. Apple might reach and be the first company to worth a Trillion Dollars if it keeps on going the way it is then again pharmaceuticals might make even more money per fiscal year. Anyway my point is that I wish ill will toward any company that are arrogant and think that they're untouchable. The reason I'm singling out Apple is because all I keep reading is how much profit they're constantly making.
    Petty jealousy over success is nothing new, but it is destroying our world. Instead of wishing ill will towards someone or something, how about you use your energy towards something positive and tangible. Just a thought.

Good to see someone got the joke instead of nerd-raging about the history of the automobile.
    Lol, actually knowing what you are talking about makes you a nerd. You can resort to baseless attacks to defend yourself, but you still look like an idiot talking out of your as$.
    Last edited by blwallace5; 08-25-2012 at 12:48 PM.

But Ford did have a number of patents on crucial components of the Model T. Mercedes Benz also file one of the earliest patents regarding automobiles.

It was a pretty lame joke man. And at least get your facts right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarolin Vargas View Post
    this is great. Samsung devices might not have been banned. but they will be forced to redesign their devices. and they will think twice before copying any other products in the future. Apple looks like a complete jerk on the eyes of the consumers. but if they did something really generous like donating those 1.05 billion to charity it would let people know that they didn't do this for the money, but to defend whats theirs and stand up for themselves. i really want them to give away that money.
    ]
    agreed 100%...
    Live Wire

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Samsung knew they were copying, but they just went ahead. Good for Apple that they had the guts to sue them. It shows all the phone companies that they just can't copy Apple because of their success.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Quote Originally Posted by blwallace5 View Post
    Lol, actually knowing what you are talking about makes you a nerd. You can resort to baseless attacks to defend yourself, but you still look like an idiot talking out of your as$.
    Knowing what you're talking about doesn't make you a nerd. Nitpicking points that are tangential to the idea behind the post does, though.

Knowing what you're talking about doesn't make you a nerd. Nitpicking points that are tangential to the idea behind the post does, though.
    And bringing back arguments makes you a pest. So please just drop it.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

I love how UK BBC news got this story at about 1am GMT (BST) this morning and you guys got it an hour later! Surely you, Americans, Can get news faster than that

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    Samsung knew they were copying, but they just went ahead. Good for Apple that they had the guts to sue them. It shows all the phone companies that they just can't copy Apple because of their success.
    Yea and Apple doesn't copy people. Your so biased dude.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoUniversity View Post
    Yea and Apple doesn't copy people. Your so biased dude.
    Apple doesn't copy "people". Does your iPhone look humanoid to you? Does your iPad resemble hominid characteristics?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Apple doesn't copy "people". Does your iPhone look humanoid to you? Does your iPad resemble hominid characteristics?
    IOS 5 was nothing but a copy of Android. Did google complain and go sue them? No, they just kept working to make Android better. I own Apple products but all the copy bs of stuff that should not be patentable is crazy. Round display. WTF!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seann33uk View Post
    I love how UK BBC news got this story at about 1am GMT (BST) this morning and you guys got it an hour later! Surely you, Americans, Can get news faster than that
    I am in the USA and received the news less then 5 minutes after the verdict . Just have to know where BBC, CNN, FOX and the rest get THEIR info. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoUniversity View Post
    IOS 5 was nothing but a copy of Android. Did google complain and go sue them? No, they just kept working to make Android better. I own Apple products but all the copy bs of stuff that should not be patentable is crazy. Round display. WTF!!!
    Where did Google get their ideas? Alot of them were from jailbreak tweaks. And did the tweak developers sue Google? No. Checkmate. Goodbye.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whenyourmad View Post
    Are you blind? Have you heard that it was a rumor and it was quickly confirmed that Apple didn't lay off employees? UGH READ PEOPLE
    People always here the bad news, cluck their tongues and then regurgitate it to coworkers for shock value. It's just like the "boycott Starbucks because they don't support the military" emails. I'm still correcting people on that one. No one worries about verifying.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Thanks

Galaxy S III here I come. Screw iPhone 5

Quote Originally Posted by Slim J View Post
    Galaxy S III here I come. Screw iPhone 5

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Where did Google get their ideas? Alot of them were from jailbreak tweaks. And did the tweak developers sue Google? No. Checkmate. Goodbye.
    Thanks for proving my point!! Everyone copies something but only Apple tries to sue everyone about it. Checkmate !!

Like I tell everyone, best is relative. The iPhone has the best apps for me which is why I use one. GS3 is the best device as far as features to me. What's best for me is not best for everyone.
    Last edited by rockyseay; 08-25-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast