Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verdict In: Samsung Violated Apple Patents, Apple Awarded $1.05 Billion in Damages

Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 893 Posts

Apparently Apple's Chinese employees are jumping for joy at the outcome. Luckily the suicide net caught them and they have been put back to work.

i've got a few bucks in my pocket that i really don't need. i can get more. still, i double dog dare anyone to reach into my pocket without a fight. (btw, comments longer than one inch should be deleted. nothing said in these posts is earth shattering)

Quote Originally Posted by hank197857 View Post
    i've got a few bucks in my pocket that i really don't need. i can get more. still, i double dog dare anyone to reach into my pocket without a fight. (btw, comments longer than one inch should be deleted. nothing said in these posts is earth shattering)
    Successful pickpockets don't start fights
    you never see them coming (only walking away)

If the posts are too big, you should use a smaller font.

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    What about Google? Google making billions and even funnels there money through 14 country's so they don't have to pay fed taxes. Or what about all the oil company's making billions every quarter off of all of us?
    a believe Apple is bigger than Google and Oil Companies. Apple might reach and be the first company to worth a Trillion Dollars if it keeps on going the way it is then again pharmaceuticals might make even more money per fiscal year. Anyway my point is that I wish ill will toward any company that are arrogant and think that they're untouchable. The reason I'm singling out Apple is because all I keep reading is how much profit they're constantly making.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mootdip's Avatar
    Thanks

F..k you apple...your acting like a spoilt little child.
    learn to share.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Y'all chill. This will be on appeal for a few years.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah Philip, proudly showing his fanboy colors with his little video. Wonder if this is how you and them fanboys get when you hear anything Apple congrats to apple on winning all that money, now put it to good use an innovative something worthwhile, something that might make me consider switching back to Apple
    Last edited by Painkiller006; 08-25-2012 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mootdip View Post
    learn to share.
    Hey, they don't even have to share. Just don't be such f'in "Herbs" when their n00bish'ness gets them in trouble. Case in point, when you don't know crap about RF design and opt for an external antenna that can easily and repeatedly be detuned (because it "looks beautiful"), don't drag others into your media shtz storm, and hold a press event where you have the balz to not even generalize but to wrongly call others out by name! This in addition to telling buyers "your holding it wrong" (never mind that its being held the same way in every Ad that's put out). This child came into a neighborhood and immediately began to piss everyone off! How long do they think this will last?

PS I don't ever recall a press conference (with charts) where Exxon blatantly and repeatably said BP sux too! Oh, and that knocking sound in your car? you're driving it wrong!
    Last edited by Lohand; 08-25-2012 at 07:04 AM.

I wonder y people even read these articles if they r so AGAINST Apple...ijs

Quote Originally Posted by Mootdip View Post
    learn to share.
    This is what any company would have done.

At least a few of you got it right, this wasn't about the money. It's all about right and wrong, infringing in patents is illegal boys, bottom line. I'm willing to bet all you droid dorks would be singing a different tune if the verdict was the other way. There's a reason 89% of consumers once use a iPhone never go back to an inferior phone and 94% MAC never go back. Use facts folks, you won't come off so stupid sounding, you will still just
    Look that way.

Originally Posted by crunchingnumbers
    The rest of the world laughs at the continued skewed view of the US courts and lawyers. Soon we will have to go to third world countries to enjoy anything innovative because the rest of the world simply won't bother with an over zealous and overwhelmingly litigious country. The world is 7 billion strong and last time I looked only 300 million or so of them live in the US. More and more of that 300 entitled thinking million are less likely to be able to afford or influence anything in the real world anyway.

Apple only takes other peoples ideas and packages them (which they do very well). Maybe everyone missed the Steve Jobs comments on copying.

Carvensno - Today, 12:44 AM
    And this comes from someone that been a member for almost 5 yrs and only posts 10 times? LMAO Opinions are like A$$H0les, everyone has one

Maybe some people only comment when they have something meaningful that needs to be said, unlike others who have an overinflated opinion of themselves. And yes everyone is entitled to their opinion, which I respect as an opportunity to learn new things.

cgfusion. I'm not an android user but at the end of the day it's like a television: there's only so many ways to build one and show a picture. I have a hard time viewing the phone any differently. In this case I would argue that the patents are over reaching and it will therefore hurt the consumer. Imagine if we had faced something similar with the PC.
    Last edited by crunchingnumbers; 08-25-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    They do it to remove Samsung from the competition. They don't like to play nice. Thats why I'm telling EVERYONE to get a Samsung device as they DO play nice and are actually better devices.

Apple HAVE been copying from the start. There WERE many touchscreen phones already out BEFORE the iPhone came out. and 99% of them were better than the iPhone. The iPhone 1 was a piece of crap and did hardly anything and what it did do was a pathetic lame attempt.
    I can say that as I have other touchscreen phones before the iPhone and I also have the iPhone 1 so I know what I'm talking about.
    Oh yeah? All other touchscreen phones were better than the iPhone 1? No that's not true at all. The iPhone brought the touchscreen era and we all know it. Sure there were some before it but most were expensive crappy or experimental. NO ONE thought of apple the way they do now. You guys think we mindlessly buy apple products but believe me most people weren't fanboys before the iPhone. Therefore there's no bias for the consumers to want an iPhone more than any other phone (during the iPhone 1 release) but apples phone was that much better. The touchscreen was 20x more responsive and faster. Stfu you have no idea what you are talking about seriously et off this forum I'm sick of you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    What a great result, only confirms our suspicions. Now Samsung will need innovate instead of imitate!! Tut tut Samsung! Where's ur game at now!!??
    Thank you

I hope apple puts this much effort into improving future devices

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    a believe Apple is bigger than Google and Oil Companies. Apple might reach and be the first company to worth a Trillion Dollars if it keeps on going the way it is then again pharmaceuticals might make even more money per fiscal year. Anyway my point is that I wish ill will toward any company that are arrogant and think that they're untouchable. The reason I'm singling out Apple is because all I keep reading is how much profit they're constantly making.
    I agreed with your first opinion about apple seriously being unstoppable however this I just have to say.. ARE YOU KIDDING? You need to do research oil companies basically run the world (this is not conspiracy its fact.) without fossil fuels we would all have to use a different source of power.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoUniversity View Post
    Y'all chill. This will be on appeal for a few years.
    all but guaranteeing that Apple's lawyers and Samsung's lawyers will "win" the lion's share.
    Apple (the company) may win on paper. Or possibly Samsung (company), but it's too early to tell.

Consumers, and the general public will lose.

Good win for apple and Samsung didn't really do a good job of finding the right legal team to fight this case, and doing what they did with the non allowable evidence didn't help there case either! As for google joining the patent fight around the wifi patents it will likely be that the chip maker has paid the patent fee already!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    Good win for apple and Samsung didn't really do a good job of finding the right legal team to fight this case, and doing what they did with the non allowable evidence didn't help there case either! As for google joining the patent fight around the wifi patents it will likely be that the chip maker has paid the patent fee already!
    I read on CNET that it was decided that Apple didn't violate the wifi patent.
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

This is great news for Ford Motors. Now they can sue anyone who blatantly rips off design features on cars like using four wheels or an engine.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 893 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by td1439 View Post
    This is great news for Ford Motors. Now they can sue anyone who blatantly rips off design features on cars like using four wheels or an engine.
    Fail. Ford didn't make the first car. Move on little boy.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast