Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verdict In: Samsung Violated Apple Patents, Apple Awarded $1.05 Billion in Damages

Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    Hopefully they'll use that money on research and development.
    +1, aGREED.

Wonder why Modmyi hasn't reported on Google suing Apple over Critical wifi patents? Which applies to every computing device apple sells. Seems now that Apple has effectively waved their 7000+ patents...Google will take a stab with the 14000+ they have. Apple has targeted Motorola and now, for Google, it's personal. Not a smart move.Google has a lot of real patents acquired in the Motorola purchase. Apple should have paid Motorola when they had the chance...but they didn't. Together (with Google) android device Makers combined hold 25000 to 30000 patents. This fight could get very ugly. Any celebration may be premature. If Google and android device makers gang up on Apple...there is no contest. Apple is a wealthy company but not that wealthy. Apple WAKE UP. Or 5 years from now I'll be talking about how cool My iPads were. This verdict is just fuel to the fire. Tread lightly..the sleeping giant has awoke.

I'm so glad to see that Apple won this case. Anyone who says that samsung didn't copy them has obviously not looked at any of the documents. Just looking at the comparison to the 3GS model and that galaxy model looked almost identical. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to see they were trying to make a device to compete with the iPhone, but the only way they could come up with anything that would actually sell was to make one that looked just like it. I'm not saying that other companies haven't done that for years (look at all the slide out keyboard phones that came out, no one was really suing anyone over those phones that looked the same). The problem here is that Apple created something that was a game changer for the WORLD of mobile devices. That's a pretty tough thing to do. Samsung sales were taking a big hit when the iPhone came out and they had to compete somehow. They did it in a sleazy way though. Copy and make your device look like an iPhone, lower the price value in it, and see if people buy it. That doesn't seem like rocket science that they pretty much wanted to copy what the iPhone had done. A side note, those first few models that samsung came out with were God awful. Slow, glitchy, and performed horribly. If anyone did confuse them with the iPhone, they might think that Apple was putting out crappy products.

Samsung knew they were doing a bad job so they started advancing what they could perform. Now, their devices are much better, stable, and actually have some pretty nice features. But let's not forget where the idea came from. Lets not forget that they started out making a crappy version of an iPhone. To me this looks like they just wanted to make something to compete with and test their own technology and how to make a mobile touch phone. A big difference (and this is why I love how Apple operates) is that when Apple does something, they do it right. Thats why you see them come out with very few, but awesome, devices. Look at all the phones Samsung has come out with. Most of them are terrible beta phones to test out their technology. They come out with dozens a year. Apple comes out with 1 a year. I can't stand people on here sometime that bash Apple for not having the consumers at heart. You mean to tell me that a company that makes a cheap knock off version of an iPhone, that is glitchy, slow, and cheaply put together, has the interest of the consumers? Do it right, or don't do it at all. Looking at Samsung now, they have a good thing going for them. Some of the phones they have come out with are pretty nice. That's not the point though. The point is how they got there. And they got there from copying the iPhone.

Samsung screwed themselves from the beginning of this trial. From the email documents found, to the images shown, even to the lawyer that didn't have the proper license to practice in that district. Nothing was going well for them. And don't say the Jury were wrong. We have a judicial system established for a reason. Don't forget that both sides of companies had a hand in picking the Jury. It wasn't like they were all tech wizards who had apple logos tattooed on their bodies. The evidence was presented, and the verdict was given swiftly. This leads me to believe that the evidence was so overwhelmingly in Apples favor that Samsun was infringing, that the decision was easier for them to make. This should have been taken care of a long time ago. Think about how different Samsung would be if they just came out with the new Galaxy S3 first and not the other phones before it? More people I think would go for it then an iPhone because it seems to be a different offering and something new, and unlike the iPhone. They made it more of their own. I bet sales would have done much better for them. I see a phone that comes out by Samsung and I go..."really another one already?"

Default Only in America
    The rest of the world laughs at the continued skewed view of the US courts and lawyers. Soon we will have to go to third world countries to enjoy anything innovative because the rest of the world simply won't bother with an over zealous and overwhelmingly litigious country. The world is 7 billion strong and last time I looked only 300 million or so of them live in the US. More and more of that 300 entitled thinking million are less likely to be able to afford or influence anything in the real world anyway.

Apple only takes other peoples ideas and packages them (which they do very well). Maybe everyone missed the Steve Jobs comments on copying.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 753 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crunchingnumbers View Post
    The rest of the world laughs at the continued skewed view of the US courts and lawyers. Soon we will have to go to third world countries to enjoy anything innovative because the rest of the world simply won't bother with an over zealous and overwhelmingly litigious country. The world is 7 billion strong and last time I looked only 300 million or so of them live in the US. More and more of that 300 entitled thinking million are less likely to be able to afford or influence anything in the real world anyway.

Apple only takes other peoples ideas and packages them (which they do very well). Maybe everyone missed the Steve Jobs comments on copying.
    And this comes from someone that been a member for almost 5 yrs and only posts 10 times? LMAO Opinions are like A$$H0les, everyone has one

Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

What a great result, only confirms our suspicions. Now Samsung will need innovate instead of imitate!! Tut tut Samsung! Where's ur game at now!!??
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oddphone20 View Post
    Wonder why Modmyi hasn't reported on Google suing Apple over Critical wifi patents? Which applies to every computing device apple sells. Seems now that Apple has effectively waved their 7000+ patents...Google will take a stab with the 14000+ they have. Apple has targeted Motorola and now, for Google, it's personal. Not a smart move.Google has a lot of real patents acquired in the Motorola purchase. Apple should have paid Motorola when they had the chance...but they didn't. Together (with Google) android device Makers combined hold 25000 to 30000 patents. This fight could get very ugly. Any celebration may be premature. If Google and android device makers gang up on Apple...there is no contest. Apple is a wealthy company but not that wealthy. Apple WAKE UP. Or 5 years from now I'll be talking about how cool My iPads were. This verdict is just fuel to the fire. Tread lightly..the sleeping giant has awoke.
    Because they didn't violate it.
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jarolin Vargas View Post
    they didn't do this for the money, but to defend whats theirs and stand up for themselves. i really want them to give away that money.
    They do it to remove Samsung from the competition. They don't like to play nice. Thats why I'm telling EVERYONE to get a Samsung device as they DO play nice and are actually better devices.

Apple HAVE been copying from the start. There WERE many touchscreen phones already out BEFORE the iPhone came out. and 99% of them were better than the iPhone. The iPhone 1 was a piece of crap and did hardly anything and what it did do was a pathetic lame attempt.
    I can say that as I have other touchscreen phones before the iPhone and I also have the iPhone 1 so I know what I'm talking about.

So you are implying this will get apple to stop making ideas? thats fine if apple doesnt make new ideas because samsung cant copy their crap that isnt innovative. Instead samsung will have to make new ideas thats so horrible!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    They do it to remove Samsung from the competition. They don't like to play nice. Thats why I'm telling EVERYONE to get a Samsung device as they DO play nice and are actually better devices.

Apple HAVE been copying from the start. There WERE many touchscreen phones already out BEFORE the iPhone came out. and 99% of them were better than the iPhone. The iPhone 1 was a piece of crap and did hardly anything and what it did do was a pathetic lame attempt.
    I can say that as I have other touchscreen phones before the iPhone and I also have the iPhone 1 so I know what I'm talking about.
    ^^^ Keep telling urself that...same old argument *sigh* This repetitive rant is getting old...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

If you haven't watched this, it's worth a watch. Then you can decide who actually invented these technologies and who copied/marketed them. Has Apple Really Ever Invented Anything? - YouTube

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Will all your fanboys die

Thanks

OMG??? Again??? Go TROLL somewhere that people actually give a crap

I hate to say it but sometimes I wish Apple failed at something and lost money. The rest of the business world is going to hell in a hand basket and apple here is making money like unstoppable juggernaut. The CEO's must be in 8th level of heaven. No company should be this prosperous.

maybe the iphone 5 is going to be their first major blunder, we'll see!!!

Apple needs a reality check!
    Last edited by swifty7; 08-25-2012 at 01:35 AM.

As much as I love my many apple products I am not blind to the truth. Apple has spent more money on R&D than I will ever earn in my lifetime, not everything they use or have is theirs. They borrow ideas just like everyone else. However, yes Samsung blatantly borrow the iPhone design. Now let's move on to the iPhone 5.

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    I hate to say it but sometimes I wish Apple failed at something and lost money. The rest of the business world is going to hell in a hand basket and apple here is making money like unstoppable juggernaut. The CEO's must be in 8th level of heaven. No company should be this prosperous.

maybe the iphone 5 is going to be their first major blunder, we'll see!!!

Apple needs a reality check!
    What about Google? Google making billions and even funnels there money through 14 country's so they don't have to pay fed taxes. Or what about all the oil company's making billions every quarter off of all of us?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Good outcome.

Now Samsung, have some decency, don't appeal, pay up, and start to fricken innovate. Look at your own products not Apple's!!!!

Apple employee gets paid $9-16/hr depending on skills set.. a friend does in-store tech support for apps making $12/hr, so I guessing the guys in the back repairing make the $16/hr.. I would think apple would donate half of their winnings to schools, but I just see more factory being built abroad, more jobs in 3rd world countries and servers all over the U.S. to keep they're systems up, the only good jobs they'll have for us is construction and genius's (who I think are quite stupid/some).

You do realize that this will hardly put a dent in samsungs coffers right? Please go troll elsewhere.

this is a sad day

(when the apple-fan-trolls out-troll the anti-apple-fan-trolls rather than the other way around)

Apple HAVE been copying from the start.
    Don't be afraid to copy.

Embrace your inner pirate.
    This guy did, and look where it got him?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast