Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verdict In: Samsung Violated Apple Patents, Apple Awarded $1.05 Billion in Damages

Apple just gave like 9 BILLION dollars in dividends not too long ago and they still have so much more in their cash funds. There's absolutely 0% chance this is about the money. It's about hurting Samsung and protecting their property.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

*waiting for that troll to post something*

Quote Originally Posted by mindblown View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jarolin Vargas View Post
    this is great. Samsung devices might not have been banned. but they will be forced to redesign their devices. and they will think twice before copying any other products in the future. Apple looks like a complete jerk on the eyes of the consumers. but if they did something really generous like donating those 1.05 billion to charity it would let people know that they didn't do this for the money, but to defend whats theirs and stand up for themselves. i really want them to give away that money.
    You are dreaming.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    LOL, you probably know who i am talking about, well everyone should know who i am talking about haha

Thanks

+1 they rly dont need all that money

I'm glad to see that justice has been served. It's interesting to see so many people still can't tell that Samsung blatantly copied apple. I'm glad the jury understands the law better than the average fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    In my opinion both company's take ideas from each other. I think the whole thing is bull.
    I agree.

"Today, I found an M&M in a bag of skittles. I believe it was spying on the enemy."

Yeah apple for the win Samsung should change their name to Samsuck

Still can't view the YouTube on here.
    -_- is this considered "trolling"?

The lawsuit was quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Modding life View Post
    Yeah apple for the win Samsung should change their name to Samsuck
    Please tell me you're not trying to be funny..

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    Please tell me you're not trying to be funny..
    No I hate Samsung

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,730 Times in 741 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mindblown View Post
    Ya where that Nakedfaire at???? I'd like to see him post on this subject now!

I don't see why Apple "looks like a complete jerk." Firstly, it's a company, not a person. Secondly, suing another company for patent infringement is common around the world. And appropriate, especially if it's true. The jury came to a verdict very quickly in this case (the judge was quoted as saying she thought the case might be too complex for them), which leads me to believe that the case as presented was clear enough that it could be decided by laymen fairly easily. As to giving away the money, why? Apple is in business to make money. And, of course, the finding will be appealed through the courts for years, costing Apple more money to defend itself over and over. Oh, and if YOU had the ability to invent something, and patented it, and I was clever (venal) enough to copy it and sell it, my guess is YOU would sue ME and, if you won, YOU wouldn't give the money away.

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    I don't see why Apple "looks like a complete jerk." Firstly, it's a company, not a person. Secondly, suing another company for patent infringement is common around the world. And appropriate, especially if it's true. The jury came to a verdict very quickly in this case (the judge was quoted as saying she thought the case might be too complex for them), which leads me to believe that the case as presented was clear enough that it could be decided by laymen fairly easily. As to giving away the money, why? Apple is in business to make money. And, of course, the finding will be appealed through the courts for years, costing Apple more money to defend itself over and over. Oh, and if YOU had the ability to invent something, and patented it, and I was clever (venal) enough to copy it and sell it, my guess is YOU would sue ME and, if you won, YOU wouldn't give the money away.
    ^this guy

Banned
    Thanks

Now that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Now that sucks.
    Here he is fellas, the man of the moment...*drumroll*... Naked Faerie! What are your (obviously unbiased) thoughts on this decision of the court?

Quote Originally Posted by Modding life View Post
    No I hate Samsung
    No offense, but this is quite an unintelligent thing to say. Sure, their phones are copy-cats, but that doesn't mean they are not nice. Sure I would rather have an HTC if I were to ever go to Android; but, they are still pretty decent. Not to mention their home appliances (i.e. refrigerators) are pretty nice as well.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-24-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

California favors Apple, look on the back of your iPhone to know why.
    Why do you think Apple wants to move all the lawsuits over to California?

I am sure Samsung will appeal this case, hopefully they will take it all the way up to Supreme Court.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,730 Times in 741 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Now that sucks.
    Oh Oh Knew he couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Here he is fellas, the man of the moment...*drumroll*... Naked Faerie! What are your (obviously unbiased) thoughts on this decision of the court?
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    California favors Apple, look on the back of your iPhone to know why.
    Why do you think Apple wants to move all the lawsuits over to California?

I am sure Samsung will appeal this case, hopefully they will take it all the way up to Supreme Court.
    Do you not read the news? as far as i remember Apple has lawsuits all over the world. They just got done with one in South Korea did they not?
    Last edited by Carvensno; 08-24-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Ya where that Nakedfaire at???? I'd like to see him post on this subject now!
    Good to see I'm not the only one annoyed by his BS!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast