Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T: We Are Allowed to Block FaceTime Over Cellular

Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 631 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4 View Post
    Me; Then I'm allowed to switch to another carrier
    Good one

Can we stop with the "I'm going to switch to X now because Y did this" already?! Please, just switch. Don't make threats, just do it. Go ahead, switch to Verizon over this. In 3 months, you'll be threatening to switch to AT&T or T-Mobile. Then 3 months later you'll be doing it again. And when you all leave AT&T, they will be forced to make it better to keep me. Likewise, when you all leave Verizon, they will be forced to make it better to keep someone else.

I wish you'd all just go already, but unfortunately 99% of you are all talk and won't do jack. So please just stop with the empty threats on a forum that nobody at AT&T, Verizon, or any other wireless provider give a crap about. If you want to be heard by someone that matters, talk with your wallet.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 08-23-2012 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Attack to moderator/unnecessary language choice

Thanks

Feel better?^
    I always feel better after a good rant...

Apple will have it's own cellular network soon enough...

One word: StraightTalk

iPhone? More like MyPhone RoloDiva13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    Can we stop with the "I'm going to switch to X now because Y did this" already?! Please, just switch. Don't make threats, just do it. Go ahead, switch to Verizon over this. In 3 months, you'll be threatening to switch to AT&T or T-Mobile. Then 3 months later you'll be doing it again. And when you all leave AT&T, they will be forced to make it better to keep me. Likewise, when you all leave Verizon, they will be forced to make it better to keep someone else.

I wish you'd all just go already, but unfortunately 99% of you are all talk and won't do jack. So please just stop with the empty threats on a forum that nobody at AT&T, Verizon, or any other wireless provider give a crap about. If you want to be heard by someone that matters, talk with your wallet.
    +infinity. Couldn't have said it better.

I'm not sure the FCC will agree with AT&T's posturing on this. What if AT&T were to block Skype or Tango?
    (AT&T wouldn't stop you downloading the app, because that would violate net neutrality rules - they'll just stop you using it over their network. But AT&T would still generously allow you to use that app over WiFi).

Somebody high up at AT&T has a gift for making stupid-*** decisions that piss off their existing customer base. Even folks that don't use FaceTime are going to be annoyed at this. Yet again AT&T tells you what you can and can't do with the (limited - for EVERYONE) amount of data they provide.

I just want to add this thought:

If at&t says they can't limit it how I used my dataplan via installed apps but they can restrict features that are built-in to the OS Then I guess...

I'm legit using MyWi to tether since I purchased and installed the app on my iDevice!

It's nice to know they can't 'catch' me tethering with my installed app and try to punish me for it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123