+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Judge Worried Jury Might Be Overwhelmed in Apple v. Samsung

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Judge Worried Jury Might Be Overwhelmed in Apple v. Samsung

The jury will decide the outcome of Apple v. Samsung and that has U.S. District Court Judge Lucy Koh worried.

"I am worried we might have a seriously confused jury here. I have trouble understanding this, and I have spent a little more time with this than they have...It's so complex, and there are so many pieces here.” — Koh
    Koh’s worries are not unfounded considering the tentative verdict-form the jury must fill out is 21 pages long and includes 700+ questions. Asking a jury of 21 American’s to sift through the incredible about of information Apple and Samsung provided is rather daunting. The jurors must decide whether four of Apple’s devices infringe on five Samsung utility patents. Likewise the jurors must decide if any of 20 different Samsung devices infringed on three of Apple’s utility patents and four of its design patents.

The jury must also assigned damages, which according to each counsel's expert testimony could reach into the hundreds of millions or billions of dollars. These numbers could be even larger if Judge Koh decides the infringements were willful or malicious.

Both sides are slated to deliver their closing arguments tomorrow. I do not envy the jurors. Or anyone slated to sit on a jury deciding patent litigation.

Source: CNET

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The jury should just meet a mutual agreement that microsoft wins the case obviously ;P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Keeping in mind that Jury already decided to exclude the top 3 selling smartphones of Samsung during this case, recently decided.. I honestly.. and actually almost think Apple shares this opinion: Do not care anymore.

By excluding the Galaxy S series, the only Profit Apple will gain is money, maybe patents.. But the Samsung Galaxy S will still be sold, so still a big oppositor.

Green Apple
    Thanks

a big Case

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blackvibes View Post
    Keeping in mind that Jury already decided to exclude the top 3 selling smartphones of Samsung during this case, recently decided.. I honestly.. and actually almost think Apple shares this opinion: Do not care anymore.

By excluding the Galaxy S series, the only Profit Apple will gain is money, maybe patents.. But the Samsung Galaxy S will still be sold, so still a big oppositor.
    By excluding the S series, they already know that if they had included them, Apple would have a bigger opportunity to win this case and make profit besides money.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    The jury should just meet a mutual agreement that microsoft wins the case obviously ;P
    +1

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Umm, I would say both are equally wrong and they have to pay each other the exact same amount of money (the largest amount that is being asked for) and that the money should be equally distributed amongst all jurors as paying each other the same amount of money would not be punitive enough for wasting the courts time with all of this.

Banned
    Thanks

If these jurors knew what was at stake they would rule that neither company violated patents, send them both away with nothing and give us consumers a big win!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jOnGarrett For This Useful Post:

iPhoneThereforeIAm (08-22-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is one of the reason why I never dreamed of being a lawyer lol!!! just kidding well Apple had won once again and they are still seeking for more patents to sue.