Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's 6th Generation iPhone Projected to Sell 250 Million Units

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple's 6th Generation iPhone Projected to Sell 250 Million Units

Sales expectations for Apple's 6th generation iPhone - tentatively dubbed the iPhone 5 across the blogosphere - are reaching astronomical proportions.

Craig Berger of FBR Capital Markets is the latest market analyst and Apple watcher to step up with a bold projection of where iPhone sales could end up over the course of the device's market life.

In response to the latest lofty estimates, John Paczkowski of All Things D observed that "iPhone 5 projections threaten analysts’ supplies of superlatives." What Paczkowski was reacting to is Berger's assertion that Apple will sell 250 million units of the 6th generation iPhone.

“We expect the iPhone 5 … has the potential to generate the most promising device upgrade cycle in Apple’s history,” Berger said. “We calculate that the device represents an opportunity to generate earnings of $50 per share throughout its life cycle. We estimate that Apple should sell 250 million iPhone 5 units at an average ASP of $575, generating nearly $144 billion in revenue, $77 billion in gross profit, and $47 billion in net income.”

During the last two weeks, little has changed inside the Apple supply chain, the scuttlebutt from which remains that the new iPhone will be unveiled on or around September 12th.

Source: All Things D
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 08-20-2012 at 02:13 PM.

I'll be first in line here in Philly!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy215 View Post
    I'll be first in line here in Philly!
    Do what you will but ordering online gets you the phone the same day as standing outside of an Apple store and without the crowd.

Definitely, I'm ordering 2 units.

As every highly anticpated first production run of a new anything electronic, i'll wait by the way side and see what issues pop up the first month or so this device is actually in users hands. Also no rush to purchase until a real jailbreak comes out for it as i use jailbreak tweaks and apps way more then anything stock on my iphone. Plus by then the crazy crowds and rush will be died down and less hassle to purchase. Oh and did you all see? Yes that's correct, they call it the "iPhone 5" people, hahahahahaha!!!!!

I am skipping iphone 5 this year. maybe 6....

If they come out with that 4 inch ugly (iphone 4 look alike) I will move on to the Samsung Galaxy S3!
    (Which in fact has the spec and looks I dig)
    I understand that some of you haven't had the experience in owning a iPhone yet. So it's ok to be excited for. But when you are a long term user since the beginning of the 3gs. I think by now you would want a major change to the "New iPhone"
    Apple stay trying to play that marketing scheme! SMH...

I'm leaning towards the Samsung Galaxy S3!

WINDOWS PHONE 8 baby!

Man I can't wait for this revolutionary iPhone! And iOS6 cuz it has a BLUE status bar!!!! Apple you guys always give us what we want! Thanks! (sarcasm)
    Last edited by Airwaves182; 08-20-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    WINDOWS PHONE 8 baby!
    Thats where all the cool cats are at.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly I think the iPhone 5 will look stupid if Apple just increased the height of the phone, what's the point of a bigger screen if it isn't going to increase in size diagonally.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreammaker23 View Post
    If they come out with that 4 inch ugly (iphone 4 look alike) I will move on to the Samsung Galaxy S3!
    (Which in fact has the spec and looks I dig)
    I understand that some of you haven't had the experience in owning a iPhone yet. So it's ok to be excited for. But when you are a long term user since the beginning of the 3gs. I think by now you would want a major change to the "New iPhone"
    Apple stay trying to play that marketing scheme! SMH...

I'm leaning towards the Samsung Galaxy S3!
    ... your logic is dumb. you will switch to a bigger phone because you dont like if the phone you want becomes bigger? dafuh?

Btw I cant stand the fact any of you act like you know what it will be like if it will be nice looking if it will be ugly if it wont be revolutionary if it will. There are things guaranteed like LTE better processor and im willing to bet a better screen maybe bigger but definitely higher resolution considering the new ipad and the macbook pros resolution. however its too soon to assume that its going to look ugly or not have any good features

Quote Originally Posted by bisayakid07 View Post
    Definitely, I'm ordering 2 units.
    I too will be ordering 2 units.

tHREE MORE WEEKS TO GO OMG THE SUSPENCE.

I'll wait and look at it in person but if the perceived pics and video look anything at all like the final release I don't care if it's the single greatest device on the earth. It's plain horrible looking and that enough will keep me at bay.

Why are there so many iPhone bashers on modmy"i"? Lol you guys are crazy.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,928 Times in 6,063 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    Why are there so many iPhone bashers on modmy"i"? Lol you guys are crazy.
    Trolls I would expect.

If only the height is increased that will still increase the size diagonally. Duh.

I'm not bashing the phone in general. I love my 4 but just don't want it stretched like a cheap limo lol. I just think proportionally it looks odd and don't plan on giving up my reliable phone for something that doesn't please my eye. That's just my opinion based solely on leaked pics and is subject to change upon seeing it in person.

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Honestly I think the iPhone 5 will look stupid if Apple just increased the height of the phone, what's the point of a bigger screen if it isn't going to increase in size diagonally.
    Math isn't one of your strong suits, is it...

If it looks like a longer version of the 4 or 4S I might have to pass and just update to iOS6. I really hope that all the leaked images are wrong.

I have only had iPhones since smartphones have been around. I am pretty disappointed with the new screen size rumors. I rarely use my computer anymore and rely on my phone for just about everything I do, besides at work. A larger screen is becoming a must for most. I dread making the jump to android but really have no choice. I would sacrifice battery life and the smoothness of ios for a larger screen, not just taller. I jailbreak my phones. After rooting is there a cydia like place to get hacks. Not concerned with free apps. Looking for hacks like activator

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast