Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Video of Apple's Next Generation iPhone Rendered in 3D

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    as long as people buy apple products in droves, they do not feel the pressure to spend more money on drastic changes. Their train of thought is this.....'no matter what crap we put out there, people will but it regardless'

    I have a jailbroken 4s and love it because of all the tweaks/apps available for it. If it wasn't for that, I would have gone the droid route in a heart beat.....specially the galaxy s3, it's performance and looks are amazing.
    Hum! iP5 kinda looks like someone chopped the sides off? Been trying to figure out what was missing on all the leaked images and seeing it side by side with the SGS3 made it visually obvious, at least to me. Oh and I'm with swifty7, if it wasn't for jailbreaking and all the available (necessary) tweaks I too would be all over android, because STOCK iOS is so F'in boring and LAME! And the boring lameness appears to be continuing well into iOS6!

  2. #22
    Lol ill laugh if apple releases a phone that doesnt look anything like this and they just leak random fake parts just to mislead everyone just like the 4s

  3. #23
    The iphone 5 should've been 3-4 mm wider. Videos and photos are so gonna get cut on this phone.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by cucusoft View Post
    What are all your guys complain about,it doesn't matter change or not your guys will buy it anway just like the 4s so why spend money to change it.
    Not me. I skipped the 4S due to it's lack of upgrades. I refuse to buy a phone I don't like the design of. Apple's OS is boring to say the least. If it wasn't for jailbreaking I would have left long ago. I've been eligible to upgrade since last year. Have been waiting for the next iPhone to be announced. I really hope this is not it. A year to design this...what a waste.

    If this is the next iPhone, so long iPhone it was fun while it lasted.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

  5. #25
    I'm a iPhone user since the 3gs, currently rockin a iPhone 4.
    I was hoping for something different in the 4s, so I stayed with the iPhone 4.
    I'm disappointed in apple for making a Bully move on Samsung.
    (Hating on the competition) SMH..{=,=}
    And I'm pretty sure, Apple's "New iPhone" has nothing on the Samsung Galaxy S3.

    If it looks anything like this, which I'm sure it does.
    I will in fact get rid of the iPhone 4 and upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy S3.

    It's crazy how the "Rich stays rich and the poor stays poorer" - William Harrison

  6. #26
    I am not sure why so many people are saying "It's Ugly". I think it looks nice. Especially the greyish sides compared to the 4 and 4s. The two toned back isnt bad either. Neither really means anything since its likely to be hidden by almost every one with a phone cover. Then the only visual difference from the past 2 phones is it is ever so slightly longer. They could make the iphone round and most iphone users would still buy it simply because its the "New iPhone".

    My issue isnt with how it looks but that 4 inches is just not big enough for me. (TWSS lol) So I could be looking at switching to Android in the next month or so.

  7. #27
    Odd proportions on the screen. Appears to have a lot of wasted space.

    Considering the iPad is really the only market leader they have (Google blew it here) it is impressive how many people buy their stuff. Nothing since the original iPhone, technologically speaking, has been groundbreaking. They definitely are the Toyota of the consumer electronics market though. Plenty of other companies making phones with more features, better tech, but slow and steady seems to be winning the race.

    On a side note, did anyone else read that Windows Phone should Surpass RIM shortly. Apple needs to keep that in mind. Things can go south quickly if they continue with these small steps. Hell, they are nearly 3 years behind on meeting consumer demand for a larger screen.
    Last edited by Breezer23; 08-20-2012 at 03:54 PM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    I have a 4 and will be upgrading to the new design, but I honestly hate it. As I've said before, I was hoping that the next generation iPhone and iOS 6 would blow competition out of the water, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Apart from a few minor enhancements to iOS 6, it will be the same outdated system with that ugly gloss UI.

    The iPhone 4 should have had the current design if this is what the new phone will look like. There's no way I believe this is what Steve Jobs was working on before he passed. This isn't a drastic change and I feel it will be a big let down to all.
    Apple has never impressed me with ever blowing any competition out of the water, only concern Apple has is to blow the stock market and their profits out of the water! Money makes the world go round, not necessarily having a better product unfortunately. So looks like it's an iPhone 4s with a taller screen, new charge port, headphone jack on the bottom, and running iOS 6? Wow, great improvement Apple, you guys are so amazing on what comes out your factories, lol! Such a joke but we all know we're gonna buy it anyways. Just want a faster device then my iPhone 4 to better play zombie games.

  9. #29
    anyone else notice the out of date dock etc?

  10. #30
    I wonder who's wonderful idea was to put the headphone jack at the bottom and ruin the symmetry of the microphone/speaker grills at the same time. Also that retarded new smaller dock connector will piss many customers with docking peripherals. Also how will Mophie make a battery case for the new iphone when the headphone jack is located at the bottom.
    Last edited by swifty7; 08-20-2012 at 07:25 PM.

  11. #31
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Pizentu View Post
    I am not sure why so many people are saying "It's Ugly".
    It's because... they think it looks ugly....

    Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    I wonder who's wonderful idea was to put the headphone jack at the bottom and ruin the symmetry of the microphone/speaker grills at the same time. Also that retarded new smaller dock connector will piss many customers with docking peripherals. Also how will Mophie make a battery case for the new iphone when the headphone jack is located at the bottom.
    The headphone port is on the bottom of an iPod touch as well. I have never heard symmetry complaints. Truth be told, it's really not that bad.

    We have had the dock connector for over a decade. I think Apple kept that their standard for a VERY long time. In comparison, look at their charging cables for things like laptops. Those change every 2-3 years it seems. It's the name of progress. At some point, we were going to outgrow the usefulness of the current dock. That time seems to have come.

    As for Mophie, Apple doesn't design based on third party peripherals, like the mophie. However, it would be pretty easy to do a pass through headphone jack. That is to say, there is a jack in the bottom of the mophie (along with the new docking plug) that plugs in every time the mophie is on. This way, if they wanted to, Mophie can essentially relocate the headphone jack to virtually any orientation they can think of. I had a Rio karma as my first MP3 player about ten years ago. It docked in a similar fashion and really wasn't inconvenient in the slightest.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 08-20-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  12. #32
    i still dont believe they just made it taller, its such a dumb idea there is no way that is gonna be it

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by zplit View Post
    I just got an galaxy s3 been using for about two or three weeks now. iPhone still the phone to go IMO. IOS just feels much better.
    Root it. CM10 has gone to nightlies and Jelly Bean is much better then ICS. Jelly Bean is every bit as good as IOS is, it's a huge leap in user experience, and it's not even an official build yet - it's still a preview build and it's that good.

    I'm not all about the device, I'd just like to see IOS 6 on the new phone. Devices are all so similar in spec and features anymore it comes down to user experience. I gave Android a chance and I really like it. I am anxious to see this new iPhone.

  14. #34
    From a design standpoint, the new phone is such a HUGE step forward I'm honestly shocked at how many people are calling it stupid and a waste without looking into the engineering behind the device. What they've done as far as antenna placements while applying the unibody design from the macbook into the phone to make a stronger, thinner device is just absolute genius.

    Hell, I still go "damn this phone is thin" when I hold my 4S. Now look at your phone from the side. See the metal band? Now imagine the whole phone was that thin. Because that's exactly what we're getting.

    iOS 6.0 is also bringing a lot of genuinely awesome features. Free turn by turn navigation being a big one, but the relatively little thing they're doing that I literally cannot wait for is the unified notifications between devices. No longer have to worry about carrying a conversation on my iPad and ending with a billion "unread" notifications on my phone. Opening/acknowledging a notifcations/text/email on one device clears it out from all.

    Not to mention the DND option so I can sleep without getting bothered by my device orchestra whenever something happens.

    I really think there's a genuine disconcerting mentality surrounding Apple upgrades. It's one if not the hottest selling phones in history. Why fix what isn't broken?

    I really can't wait for iOS 6.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 08-20-2012 at 10:04 PM.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by zplit View Post
    I just got an galaxy s3 been using for about two or three weeks now. iPhone still the phone to go IMO. IOS just feels much better.
    I agree ios just feels alot cleaner and easy to understand i had bought a s3 returned it in a week i rooted and all but still felt like it was boring and once i put like 50 apps on there it got slow and laggy doesnt happen with my 4s with 120 apps

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    From a design standpoint, the new phone is such a HUGE step forward I'm honestly shocked at how many people are calling it stupid and a waste without looking into the engineering behind the device. What they've done as far as antenna placements while applying the unibody design from the macbook into the phone to make a stronger, thinner device is just absolute genius.

    Hell, I still go "damn this phone is thin" when I hold my 4S. Now look at your phone from the side. See the metal band? Now imagine the whole phone was that thin. Because that's exactly what we're getting.

    iOS 6.0 is also bringing a lot of genuinely awesome features. Free turn by turn navigation being a big one, but the relatively little thing they're doing that I literally cannot wait for is the unified notifications between devices. No longer have to worry about carrying a conversation on my iPad and ending with a billion "unread" notifications on my phone. Opening/acknowledging a notifcations/text/email on one device clears it out from all.

    Not to mention the DND option so I can sleep without getting bothered by my device orchestra whenever something happens.

    I really think there's a genuine disconcerting mentality surrounding Apple upgrades. It's one if not the hottest selling phones in history. Why fix what isn't broken?

    I really can't wait for iOS 6.
    Looks like we have an apple employee here. You guys have failed miserably. iOS6 is a load of bullcrap. It should've been called iOS 5.2. There is hardly anything new in it that people will use on a daily basis. The new maps is completely shocking. Compare the detail of Google Maps to iOS s@& maps for London and you'll be amazed at how empty the new rubbish is. The stupid 3D maps isn't that awesome when they'll only be for one or two cities in USA. I doubt you'd be able to get that for a place like say South Africa for example; even though google street view is there.

    Now regarding the new iPhone now. The design is decent. I like the metal. However if the screen does turn out to be that I will gladly buy a Galaxy Note/S3. That aspect ratio may be 16:9 but that taller iPhone looks uglier than a wet, dirty pitbull terrier with sh*t on its face. Whoever thought of that needs to be shot. The smaller dock is okay however the new headphone location is retarded. It's like apple want to piss off as much people as possible or they hope iPod users will buy the iPhone because of the new headphone jack. Lastly there's the rumour of the new Nano-SIM. I had to cut my sim so it would work with my iPhone 4. Now I'm going to have to trim it more? Why couldn't you retards just make the phone wider to get more space for the Micro-SIM. Stupid dumbf#%$. If it wasn't for the apps and Jailbreak community I'd be an android so long ago. Therefore..f&# you apple, f%#* you.

  17. #37
    Its not too bad, and the added size looks like it works too, however the S3 does have some epic features, and having played with it i really like it, plus the fact you can fiddle about with so much more without rooting is a plus.

    For now, stuck with my Samsung D500! And a blocked 3Gs

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimz View Post
    Root it. CM10 has gone to nightlies and Jelly Bean is much better then ICS. Jelly Bean is every bit as good as IOS is, it's a huge leap in user experience, and it's not even an official build yet - it's still a preview build and it's that good.

    I'm not all about the device, I'd just like to see IOS 6 on the new phone. Devices are all so similar in spec and features anymore it comes down to user experience. I gave Android a chance and I really like it. I am anxious to see this new iPhone.
    Amen, I'm swapping my Nexus for my dad's SIII today (He doesn't need the power being that he rarely uses his phone). Jelly Bean is a worthy competitive to iOS. I still feel Android is more of a (literal) pocket PC where as iOS is a true mobile OS.

    This phone will be a HUGE success even though I really feel like iOS is starting to fall behind in regards to real features. I might honestly consider an iPhone if they would just implement widgets. Widgets are huge. By far and away the best feature of Android. Granted, previous generation phones didn't handle them all that well but now that we have some real processing power they are quite nice.

    I still feel these aren't real and these are just dummy devices. I hope anyway as it has a lot of wasted real estate. That empty space above the screen just kills it for me. I shouldn't judge the screen being that these are just "leaked" photos but the proportions are just so weird.

  19. #39
    I'll be upgrading to the 4S instead of the new iPhone if that's what it will look like.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •