Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Now is a Good Time to Sell Your Old iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    There's no rush to sell at all. The 4s will command high re-sale prices just as soon as folks realize that the new iPhone, like all its predecessors, will not be either jailbreakable nor unlockable for a while. And, that is exactly why I won't be upgrading to the new iPhone until they are minimally able to be jailbroken.
    Okay well heres the thing the people that will buy iphones for full/littlebelowfullprice a month before the next release are dumb. People that are dumb arent smart enough to wait for a jailbreak or know how to jailbreak or even know what it is. Either way only like 10% of people jailbreak. Jailbreaking has no effect on people buying phones really...

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Think what you want, but my experience proves different. I agree that a very small percentage of all iPhone users jailbreak. But, I can tell you that those I have sold to are looking for an unlock. I have owned every iPhone released. I paid for the first one. Ever since then, I have purchased the new model iPhone for, at most, what I sold the old one for. Why? Because it can be unlocked. Each I phone I have owned is now somewhere overseas.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I don't remember it taking long to jailbreak the iPhone 4S. Its pretty much the same as the last with some upgrades. The entire blog is complaining about "nothing new" and all that. So I don't see why a jailbreak would take very long. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Respectfully, you have a bad memory then!

We were without Jailbreak for a couple of months. It was torturous, for me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Okay well heres the thing the people that will buy iphones for full/littlebelowfullprice a month before the next release are dumb. People that are dumb arent smart enough to wait for a jailbreak or know how to jailbreak or even know what it is. Either way only like 10% of people jailbreak. Jailbreaking has no effect on people buying phones really...
    I respectfully disagree with nearly everything you said (minus the number of people jailbreaking). Look at the Apple TV2. It's inferior to the third gen in every why, except that it can be jailbroken. It is demanding a price upwards of $250 currently...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

tsatryan (08-20-2012)

anekin007 - Today, 01:28 AM
    I'm hold off for more information before I sell my 4S. If the new iPhone is LTE I would risk losing my grandfathered unlimited plan.
    You should be able to keep your unlimited data I always upgrade both my iPhone and iPad to the newest one on launch day and I still have my grandfathered unlimited data on both.

Quote Originally Posted by bignighttrain View Post
    You should be able to keep your unlimited data I always upgrade both my iPhone and iPad to the newest one on launch day and I still have my grandfathered unlimited data on both.
    3G to LTE is completely different data plan. Verizon no longer allow unlimited 3G migration to LTE and I am sure AT&T will follow. AT&T will do anything to get rid of people with unlimited plans.

Quote Originally Posted by anekin007 View Post
    3G to LTE is completely different data plan. Verizon no longer allow unlimited 3G migration to LTE and I am sure AT&T will follow. AT&T will do anything to get rid of people with unlimited plans.
    Long time lurker here, just made an account to say this, I just got a Galaxy SIII and still have my iPhone 4s on my second line but I was grandfathered in with unlimited data and and still have unlimited data with LTE. Not once have I received an email from AT&T about throttling back either in case someone was wondering. I use between 3 & 4 gigs a month.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    I think this is one time I'll be keeping my phone and not selling. Reason being, if I sell my phone now I won't have a phone to use until the new one comes out.

So, I'd rather keep my 4 as a backup for the future when I sell upcoming models.
    I would suggest you upgrade your iphone 4s with iphone 5.This is the right time sell it.you can expect to sell this device in Good condition for about $325.00 using movaluate.com/apple/iphone-4s-16gb-verizon-white as a reference. Depending on the exact condition and if there are any add-ons, the price may vary within the fair market range of $312.50 to $335.00.
    Last edited by jakson0100; 10-22-2012 at 08:23 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12