Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Tweaks of the Week 8/13 - 8/19

Default Best Tweaks of the Week 8/13 - 8/19

Here are the best jailbreak creations for the week of August 13th until today, August 19th as per the opinion of our staff. This is a weekly recap.

1. UnCurl - 99

UnCurl is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developers danyl and Ori Kadosh that brings us a sweet new curling animation for both Notification Center and the lock screen. The tweak comes with options for how responsive we want the curling animation to be and it also comes with very refined animations that are smooth on just about any device. The fact that it works with both the lock screen and Notification Center all bundled into one, cheap tweak is what sets this tweak apart from the rest. It's also fun to play around with the animation under your fingertips as the curling animation follows your finger wherever you choose to drag it.

2. Bulletin Pro - 99

Bulletin Pro is a new jailbreak tweak by Smartviper E75 that allows the user to resize their Notification Center and notification banners. Bulletin Pro comes with tons – and we mean tons – of options for the sizing and location of these elements on the screen. In addition, it comes with the ability to hide and show certain items in both notification banners and Notification Center. When you resize Notification Center or the notification banners, notification contents and widgets are compressed automatically to match your resized interfaces.

3. BrowseInApp Lite - FREE

BrowseInApp Lite is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Alan Yip that allows you to open links from directly within the application you’re in. If you use certain applications like Facebook and Twitter, you know what this means. For those of you that don’t, normally tapping on a link opens Safari and you have to multitask to get back to the application you were in when you opened the link. This tweak allows you close out of the Web page you opened and you are automatically back in the application you were just in. It saves a lot of time and it feels very native. There is also a paid version of this tweak that has a lot more options, so check it out too!

4. SpringQuote - FREE

SpringQuote is an inspirational and free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer greensnow. It allows iOS to show a quote on the home screen right above all of the application icons. When it does this, application icons are compressed downwards the same way they would be if the double-sized Status Bar were present. Since this only occurs on the home screen, this won’t affect application interfaces in any way. The quotes are customizable, as the tweak comes with a preferences pane allowing you to change the colors of the text and the subject of quote types you want to see. The quotes will scroll across the top of the screen from right to left just like the Stocks widget in Notification Center does. Girls will probably like this tweak more than guys.

Stay tuned for next week's best tweaks - only on Modmyi!

If you missed last week's best tweaks of the week, you can view our article from this link.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 08-19-2012 at 08:50 PM.

I'm seeing Uncurl for the first time - look really neat. But what i'm curious about is why is the battery being eaten at such a phenomenal rate? In the span of one minute, the battery drops 10%. While it might not be related to the app at all, it still makes me wonder...

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Uncurl is pretty cool. I like it

Quote Originally Posted by jeepshots View Post
    I'm seeing Uncurl for the first time - look really neat. But what i'm curious about is why is the battery being eaten at such a phenomenal rate? In the span of one minute, the battery drops 10%. While it might not be related to the app at all, it still makes me wonder...
    Don't see any power drain on my 4S with Uncurl

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Ya mines not bad at all been off charger for 6 hours and only at 80%

Why is there so much hate for these weekly updates? Its great for devs to get their stuff out there, a monthly or even biweekly one could cause some to be missed

Might try out uncurl, but iv been trying not to install too much stuff