+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Make the Scroll Bar Indicator Thinner With 'ScrollThindicator'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Make the Scrolling Bar Thinner With 'ScrollThindicator'

The scroll bar indicator appears just about anywhere in iOS that you can scroll and its length depends on how much scrolling can be done in the interface. Usually application views with a lot of scrolling, such as Mobile Safari, have a really short scroll bar indicator. On the contrary, certain preferences panes in the Settings application may have less to scroll through and this creates a taller scroll bar indicator. These size changes are dynamic and are intended to help the user perceive how much content is capable of being scrolled through on the page they are viewing.

While the height of the scroll bar indicator can change, the width does not. A new jailbreak tweak dubbed ScrollThindicator by iOS developer r_plus allows the user to have a thinner scroll bar indicator. The difference in thickness is indicated by the above screenshots. As you can see, the thinner scrolling bar is ultimately getting the same job done, but is using less space in doing so.

The change is one-hundred percent aesthetic and has no true benefits except maybe for having a scroll bar indicator that is less obtrusive on Web content such as pictures, since it uses less of the display’s pixels. For most of iOS’ applications, the scroll bar indicator is so far to the right that it never gets the chance to overlap anything on the screen.

One major issue with the tweak is for people where eyesight is a problem, the thinner scroll bar indicator may actually be harder to see, if not impossible to see.

Apart from the size, the scroll bar indicator retains its original transparent appearance and color. ScrollThindicator does not come with any options to configure, so the only way to disable it is to uninstall the tweak. For anyone that is interested, the tweak is open source and the source code for it can be viewed on Github.

Name: ScrollThindicator
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.1-1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: r_plus
    Editor's Rating: / 2.5/5

iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

Ho-hum...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

People make tweaks for anything these days.

Thanks

People report on anything these days.

Seriously, bud. How's 'bout a Best Tweaks of the Month or something? This cramming to create enough content to provide us a Best of the Week thing has gotten painfully obvious and a bit ridiculous.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by severe View Post
    People report on anything these days.

Seriously, bud. How's 'bout a Best Tweaks of the Month or something? This cramming to create enough content to provide us a Best of the Week thing has gotten painfully obvious and a bit ridiculous.
    you'd think they'd learn after me and a lot of other users actively say this

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrteacup For This Useful Post:

severe (08-19-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I do love the tweak reviews, but this one is a little silly :/

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, because the scroll bar was already too big to begin with...

Thanks

Anthony I don't wanna bash on you or anything but it always seems your so excited about any tweak that comes out and rush to modmyi and
    make an article about it. Like I said no disrespect. But if your the one in charge of posting tweaks be smarter cause I see your the only posting tweaks thread.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Thanks

its free so ....

but seriously tho I never even notice the bar, Idk who would be bothered by this...
    Hit the thanks button if I helped in any way

Thanks

How about a tweak that turns it into an actual scroll bar, one that you can actually use to scroll?! Not just some crappy indicator to tell me what I already know.