Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Complete Next-Generation iPhone Front Panel Pictures Leaked

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Complete Next-Generation iPhone Front Panel Pictures Leaked

There have been a slew of next-generation iPhone rumors that have been afloat and another has surfaced. According to the folks at UBreakiFix, they have received photos of the full front panel of the next generation iPhone from one of their distributors.

The parts don’t really reveal anything aside from what we’ve been hearing all along. As a matter of fact, the components look quite similar to those we’ve seen before with the exception of a closer look at the new iPhone’s LCD screen. The new screen is said to have increased to 4’’ when measured diagonally (up from 3.5’’ while preserving the same pixel density as the current iPhone design. Tis would give apps additional screen space to fill. The folks at UBreakiFix also provided a zoomed in photo of the top area of the device, which includes serial numbers and the LCD connector.

If you haven’t already been following the rumors, the next-generation iPhone is said to have a metallic unibody design, 4-inch display, LTE network capability and taller design. The pictures match the previous leak but we’ll find out ultimately what is to come on September 12th, which is when Apple is expected to announce the device.

Source: UBreakiFix via MacRumors

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

For once, I actually believe a rumor like this one. It actually looks legit...
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Two camera holes? Surely one can't be the proximity sensor being that small?

Also I feel its a shame that the screen isn't edge to edge. Would love that!

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post

Also I feel its a shame that the screen isn't edge to edge. Would love that!
    The one on the left side of the ear speaker is the proximity sensor the one on the top of the ear speaker is the camera
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Oh my God I just threw up...............................in my pants. I'm excited as a fat kid in a candy shop.

Thanks

I guess in the 8th generation iPhone apple will make it wider. I really like Apple's product but the SGIII is looking a lot better.

Default Think again
    Quote Originally Posted by no1stunna2k View Post
    I guess in the 8th generation iPhone apple will make it wider. I really like Apple's product but the SGIII is looking a lot better.
    I just returned my GS3. It sux. Battery life was awful. The power button is in the wrong place and I kept pressing it by accident. The screen and camera did kick *** but other than that it sux. And if your running OSX then syncing it was a PITA.

I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for something a bit more dramatic in terms of changes. I'm not sure how I feel about just an elongated screen. I guess I'll be sticking with Jelly Bean for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    So your going to get a Android phone that has more stupid power robbing gadgets and only running 2.3? Not even running ICS? Ya good choice!!!
    I know right? How dare he have a choice!

Quote Originally Posted by zakspop View Post
    I just returned my GS3. It sux. Battery life was awful. The power button is in the wrong place and I kept pressing it by accident. The screen and camera did kick *** but other than that it sux. And if your running OSX then syncing it was a PITA.
    I couldn't disagree more. Yes, the battery life isn't as good as iOS but that's because Android has a lot more going on. As for saying the power button is in the wrong place, clearly you didn't have the phone long enough to develop new habits.

I really don't think Steve Jobs had much to do with the design of this as it isn't graceful enough. The padding on the top is HUGE. This is a banana hammock phone.
    Last edited by Breezer23; 08-19-2012 at 01:01 PM.

I really hope this is not the next iPhone. Apple needs something different than a longer iPhone 4/4S. Guess we will know soon enough.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    I really hope this is not the next iPhone. Apple needs something different than a longer iPhone 4/4S. Guess we will know soon enough.
    1+
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Banned
    Thanks

You gotta remember its Apple. They don't like change. Samsung are the ones that change every time where Apple keeps the same boring look forever.
    Have a look at Samsung's GUI, its different with every model and also the model looks different.
    The iPhone hasn't changed all that much. The GUI has only gained backgrounds since iPhone 1. Where the phone is gone from rounded edges to straight edges.

But I have to admit I'm looking forward to the 16x9 screen instead of the 4x3 screen. It better be widescreen, not a stretched 4x3 or some crap like that.
    BUT with that being said I'm not going to get one anyway. I'm waiting for the Galaxy Beam to be released here. I haven't seen it in the shops yet but when I do I'll be buying that one. THATS something that Apple should've done but wont.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 723 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    You gotta remember its Apple. They don't like change. Samsung are the ones that change every time where Apple keeps the same boring look forever.
    Have a look at Samsung's GUI, its different with every model and also the model looks different.
    The iPhone hasn't changed all that much. The GUI has only gained backgrounds since iPhone 1. Where the phone is gone from rounded edges to straight edges.

But I have to admit I'm looking forward to the 16x9 screen instead of the 4x3 screen. It better be widescreen, not a stretched 4x3 or some crap like that.
    BUT with that being said I'm not going to get one anyway. I'm waiting for the Galaxy Beam to be released here. I haven't seen it in the shops yet but when I do I'll be buying that one. THATS something that Apple should've done but wont.
    So your going to get a Android phone that has more stupid power robbing gadgets and only running 2.3? Not even running ICS? Ya good choice!!!

Agree!

Quote Originally Posted by no1stunna2k View Post
    True that!
    I NEED A JOB! Can anyone help???

OK, so they've reduced the amount of vertical scrolling required - but to behave and feel like a bigger screen, it has to do what Samsung did with the Galaxy Note and at least retain or ideally, widen the aspect ratio.
    If you've ever used a long, narrow screen and a Galaxy Note, you'll know exactly what I'm referring to.

In terms of the web-browsing experience, they'd have been better widening the aspect ratio - not narrowing it.
    Verdict = Fail

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    its the same as the iPhone 4/4S just longer.
    Go have a look at a white iPhone 4.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    its the same as the iPhone 4/4S just longer.
    Go have a look at a white iPhone 4.
    Amen to that. It needs to be proportioned properly. Length and width, not just taller. Hope this isnt the final product.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

The longer design gives them a lot more space to work with. Hopefully they will fill it up with lots of cool stuff!

I'm excited about the new iPhone, but I was expecting a complete new design. It looks exactly the same

Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
    I'm excited about the new iPhone, but I was expecting a complete new design. It looks exactly the same
    Hard to make that conclusion based on the front panel alone. I bet if you removed the front panel from all 5 iPhone models to date you wouldn't see much difference...except for the location of the proximity detector and the presence of the front facing camera.

The sides and back have been the major changes when you're considering only the appearance of the phones.

I think once people actually start using the phone theyll realize that it's plenty of space. Can't wait

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast