+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Complete Next-Generation iPhone Front Panel Pictures Leaked

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Complete Next-Generation iPhone Front Panel Pictures Leaked

There have been a slew of next-generation iPhone rumors that have been afloat and another has surfaced. According to the folks at UBreakiFix, they have received photos of the full front panel of the next generation iPhone from one of their distributors.

The parts don’t really reveal anything aside from what we’ve been hearing all along. As a matter of fact, the components look quite similar to those we’ve seen before with the exception of a closer look at the new iPhone’s LCD screen. The new screen is said to have increased to 4’’ when measured diagonally (up from 3.5’’ while preserving the same pixel density as the current iPhone design. Tis would give apps additional screen space to fill. The folks at UBreakiFix also provided a zoomed in photo of the top area of the device, which includes serial numbers and the LCD connector.

If you haven’t already been following the rumors, the next-generation iPhone is said to have a metallic unibody design, 4-inch display, LTE network capability and taller design. The pictures match the previous leak but we’ll find out ultimately what is to come on September 12th, which is when Apple is expected to announce the device.

Source: UBreakiFix via MacRumors

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

For once, I actually believe a rumor like this one. It actually looks legit...
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Two camera holes? Surely one can't be the proximity sensor being that small?

Also I feel its a shame that the screen isn't edge to edge. Would love that!

Thanks
    Oh my God I just threw up...............................in my pants. I'm excited as a fat kid in a candy shop.

Thanks

I guess in the 8th generation iPhone apple will make it wider. I really like Apple's product but the SGIII is looking a lot better.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I really hope this is not the next iPhone. Apple needs something different than a longer iPhone 4/4S. Guess we will know soon enough.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    its the same as the iPhone 4/4S just longer.
    Go have a look at a white iPhone 4.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    I really hope this is not the next iPhone. Apple needs something different than a longer iPhone 4/4S. Guess we will know soon enough.
    1+
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Thanks

The longer design gives them a lot more space to work with. Hopefully they will fill it up with lots of cool stuff!

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm excited about the new iPhone, but I was expecting a complete new design. It looks exactly the same

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    its the same as the iPhone 4/4S just longer.
    Go have a look at a white iPhone 4.
    Amen to that. It needs to be proportioned properly. Length and width, not just taller. Hope this isnt the final product.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

I think once people actually start using the phone theyll realize that it's plenty of space. Can't wait

Thanks
    just making it longer/taller makes the phone look retarded.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    You gotta remember its Apple. They don't like change. Samsung are the ones that change every time where Apple keeps the same boring look forever.
    Have a look at Samsung's GUI, its different with every model and also the model looks different.
    The iPhone hasn't changed all that much. The GUI has only gained backgrounds since iPhone 1. Where the phone is gone from rounded edges to straight edges.

But I have to admit I'm looking forward to the 16x9 screen instead of the 4x3 screen. It better be widescreen, not a stretched 4x3 or some crap like that.
    BUT with that being said I'm not going to get one anyway. I'm waiting for the Galaxy Beam to be released here. I haven't seen it in the shops yet but when I do I'll be buying that one. THATS something that Apple should've done but wont.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xGoOcHx View Post
    Amen to that. It needs to be proportioned properly. Length and width, not just taller. Hope this isnt the final product.
    +1. If this rumor turns out to be try, I officially hate Apple. It'll suck to be a developer :/

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post

Also I feel its a shame that the screen isn't edge to edge. Would love that!
    The one on the left side of the ear speaker is the proximity sensor the one on the top of the ear speaker is the camera
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'm surprised there hasn't been rumors about a better screen resolution. Considering competition has 1080 phones and apple is releasing higher quality resolution displays for the iPad and MacBook pro I would say it will have considerably high resolution.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 672 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    You gotta remember its Apple. They don't like change. Samsung are the ones that change every time where Apple keeps the same boring look forever.
    Have a look at Samsung's GUI, its different with every model and also the model looks different.
    The iPhone hasn't changed all that much. The GUI has only gained backgrounds since iPhone 1. Where the phone is gone from rounded edges to straight edges.

But I have to admit I'm looking forward to the 16x9 screen instead of the 4x3 screen. It better be widescreen, not a stretched 4x3 or some crap like that.
    BUT with that being said I'm not going to get one anyway. I'm waiting for the Galaxy Beam to be released here. I haven't seen it in the shops yet but when I do I'll be buying that one. THATS something that Apple should've done but wont.
    So your going to get a Android phone that has more stupid power robbing gadgets and only running 2.3? Not even running ICS? Ya good choice!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I think once people actually start using the phone theyll realize that it's plenty of space. Can't wait
    No there's not. The keyboard in portrait mode will still be a bit too "squeezed" and in landscape, it will still take half the screen! If that's not enough, if they don't split the keyboard in landscape, you can't even reach every key easily.

I guess I'll be keeping my iPhone 4 for a 3rd year.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I personally think all the leaks you've seen thus far of the body and now this screen have been pretty legit. I personally was hoping for more. Even more so, the OS itself remains virtually the same. Jelly Bean isn't really an official release for the high end Android sets as most are on preview builds, but the custom ROM builders have turned it into a VERY formidable platform to battle IOS. It's surprisingly good. Most the people hating on it, haven't even tried it yet - and what a difference in user experience. It's the biggest leap so far in improvement of any smartphone OS.

The whole package, your getting IOS 6, which remains virtually the same, with a unibody design and a stretched screen. I don't like the direction it's going.